• pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hugs everyone. Take care of yourselves.
    Paula Y.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I was also going to ask if Tom's father knew abou the divorce. The nursing home may need to know just in case you are there at the same time. A security may need to be alerted. I know how much you love your FIL and the rest of the residents there. But wherever you go, there will be a nursing care facility of so,e kind. Or an independent up that needs hel with activities. Someone needs YOU. HGS.

I was going to post yesterday that some day Olovia, Mia, Jaukeem and Bea to some extent that they all grew up together. They have a lot of grandmas!

Got one of those bad headaches this morning around 3 AM. Woke me up and kept me up. Was drained and was still gusting when it came time for church and my eyes looked like they were barely open so I didn't go.

Our daughter told us she has 7 weeks of paid time off this year to use so to let her know I'm a two week notice and she can help us with some work around the house. So I am making a list. The commode in the bathroom doesn't shut off sometimes. I hate to think what the water bill wil be. When the new windows were put in, Charlie and I were tired, he feels very uncomfortable on a ladder so some of our blinds are just placed on the top of the old blind brace amid need permanent placing. It's also the sme for the valance in the kitchen. He is finally saying new paint in his bedroom and bath and new carpet. That ma be the first spring we do since we don't want him to change his mind. His idea of sanding drywall repairs is to sand lightly hoping the paint will cover it up. Well it covers it but doesn't cover the shape of it. Also, since we moved into this house, several outlets do not hold the p,if in well. I am hoping that all it takes is to take off the outlet cover and outlet and replace it. Her and I have removed ceiling fans and lights that the guys can't figure out so o hope we can match up the correct colors to fix it. But right now Charlie blames it on e kitten when he turns the TV off by hitting the plug. And when a directv loses power, you have to go thtough about 5 minutes of satellite checking. So your recordings are completely interrupted. The the last things I have on my list is to give the kitchen floor a good scrubbing and figure out how to put a bed board on my waterbed that is just sitting on he frame. I wish she would let us pay her but she does this all because of love. Maybe she will bring her hunk of a boyfriend over. I bet he looks good shirtless? Her room mate is a 5 ft Vietnamese guy who is as cute as a button but not the kind to swoon over if his shirt is off.

I looked over my pics of Mr Mozart and I don't have a lot of good ones n my iPad. More are on my phone. But I will post a couple. I am afraid that some day VHarlie will say for us to give him back. he has totally disrupted his precious Melodys life. But we have made great strides in a little over 2 weeks.

Joyce, INdiana where it is going to be hot and stuffy pretty soon.
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm am caught up at last . I will post tomorrow. It is going to be a big day as Keira is getting her ears pierced for reading another 21 books.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning all

PENNY - love your beautiful pics, you live in a lovely place

RE - nice to read your post we all miss you. You look fabulous

PATSY - love Katie she is gorgeous

Welcome all newbies

I'm not doing so well on the food front still binging at night, I start off well but the fail miserably. Wanted to drop a bit to give myself some wiggle room on my 2 week trip to Canary Islands but don't think that's gonna happen, go on Thu. Anyway will keep trying.

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    About my DFIL, why upset him?his dementia has progressed enough that the only people he remember's are Tom and myself.. when it gets ugly... and it will.. I will go see him during the week and Tom will go on the weekends. I have medical POA of my DFIL . so if something happens I will be called.. not Tom.
    He has to find an attorney by my birthday , I want to get this show on the road..
    Penny~ when I was young my paternal grandmother used to take me to the high school where she lived to see Travelogs~ video's of different types of travel and the way you describe where you live and all the adventures gives me wonderful memories.. thank you
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Re <3 you are on the path!! Miss you and wish you well always.

Have a great week everyone, peace and strength <3

NYKAREN
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all...

Re! So nice to see you, both literally and figuratively. :) You look amazing... and it took more than a year after I'd lost a massive amount of weight for me to walk into the correct section of the store. Somewhere in my head I was still 300 pounds, still go back to that under stress. Congrats on 195!

Dana - so sorry you're still ill. Hope the doc can help.

Off to work out... Made my six days last week, weight still stable.

Later,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas (where it was 105 degrees yesterday)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Re - You are looking fabulous! You do sound a bit low in spirits though. Did you see my "transition" quote? It is hard adapting to a new version of ourselves and requires a whole new "story we tell ourselves", especially for people who have always been obese. Not only have we changed bodily, but our mind is changing too and, very importantly, the way other people treat us changes too. All this takes a while to adjust to and a lot of patience and self awareness with the transition.
    Treat yourself as a toddler. It sounds as if you need a reward other than food.
    When I got down to 11 stone I bought myself a great new necklace. (Not expensive) You are worthy of great clothes and everything else. I found it really hard to visualise myself in thin clothes. I was so used to baggy black stuff. I just couldn't get my head around it. I took a few trips round a big department store, just to get my eye in. I bought fashion magazines to see what was out there. I had to change the styles I bought for myself as I was so used to camouflage.
    A short break somewhere nice would be good - something to look forward to.
    Just a few suggestions. I think you have done amazingly well. <3 But it sounds as if you need, support, praise and reinforcement. Not just the same old, same old. We only get one life.

Ginger - I am so glad that the article spoke to you. For me the most important lesson I have ever learned is to be selfish, in the best possible way. :laugh: I am by nature a Questioner, but also an Upholder as I think some rules are there for a reason. One rule is "Take care of yourself, so you can help take care of others". I have worked on developing my boundaries and I find people respect them, much as they do with your husband. I read loads of self help books and some of them do help. :D So much of the stuff in our heads is totally unecessary.

Leigh - Well done on the eating mindfully. Part of the success is enjoying our food . The more we enjoy it, the less likely we are to want to binge or stuff our faces. I eat a "four course" dinner every night that takes me two and a half hours or more. :laugh: I relish every mouthful. Main course, dessert, cheese and a candy.

Hygienist today at the dentist. :s Oh well. It will soon be over.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Pip ..has Kirby lost weight? He looks thinner than I remember in your photos.

Allie ... just giving you a hug ...

Heather ... interesting about which probiotics withstand stomach acid. I've always eaten 0% fat greek yogurt ... but that's not really doing me any good according to the study you mentioned. I have been trying the kimchi, but it's usually eaten in a salad with other things. I recently read that gut bacteria will be the future of weightless and good health efforts.

Not eating much today and that's ok ... digestive system needs a break from stupid eating ... although MFP will bark at me later.

Beth

ji just asked, he weighs 150... whew! at least I weigh less than him lolol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Kirby says he was about 155 b4 the accident, then got down to 139 during the accident , and now he's gained to about 149-150
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Pip - My DH is 6 ft tall and around 152 lbs. :o I have to feed him up to stop him losing weight. He has a cake every day for tea as well as extra carbs at meals. At the moment his weight is stable. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-6X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X10X35

June Move Your @$$ Challenge
    I will take at least one 2.5 mile walk today.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    Re you look fabulous!

Penny we have rabbits instead of hares. Neither are cute. I have all my veggies high now because of them and black netting to keep off the squirrels.

Karen I love Mary Engelbreit. She comes from Webster Groves Missouri which is next to the suburb I where I grew up. She is an inspiration to me. She lost a son to suicide and her messages are so positive and uplifting. My family adored her before she gained national attention. My brother also had her to his home for a fund raiser for a local college.

:heart: Margaret