WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• JennieLeeAustin
    JennieLeeAustin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I'm really late getting started today. I just didn't fell like getting out of bed, so I didn't. Now I feel more rested and I'm ready to take on a day of cleaning. Oh Joy! It's almost as much fun as a root canal! Who doesn't love cleaning toilets, dusting and moping?

We can put a man on the moon but we can have a Jestson's house with a Rosie? Why not?
  • Mauitn
    Mauitn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Again, I'm pages behind. Will catch up later, but for now, Mary, I think the picture of you is really lovely and what’s more, you look healthy and happy! You need a new hair dresser.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    945077n6gv373mvj.gif
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Hello!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    NYKaren - good for you dodging the crud. Sometimes men can be such babies. I'm sure he's not feeling as well as you are but he's probably making it seem like it's much worse than it is. I know Vince does that all the time.

Becca - you are so very good to Prudence. Your banana bread looks yummy. Care to share the recipe?

Michele in NC

It is really easy! I just opened Betty Crockers book and followed what she told me to do! I'm not really creative when it comes to baking. I rarely make it so it becomes a meal calorically speaking!
    Becca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary: Painting and moving will be a challenging workout. You are amazing. :star:

Juliana: Welcome to a great group--you sweet young thing. Stop by often to give and get support. :smiley:

Pip: Sorry about the flat tire. :ohwell:

I looked at the plants I put into the ground yesterday and need to adjust their placement. They're too close to one-another. This is a yoga day and I should go, but I don't think I will. I woke up grumpy & tired. I am planning to power-wash the deck. If I can muster up the determination, I'll do it today. Plants and deck should get me moving and burn plenty of calories.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Another beautiful weather day :D

Well day 3 of powering through the weeding and mulching. I only do as much as I can stand then I sit on my porch! Hoping my bff stops by for a chat today.

I've got quinoa cooking in the rice cooker and plans to use it for the next few days in salads and with veggies. I'm cooking it in chicken stock to give it a little more flavor, we'll see how that turns out.

Weather turning hot, humid and stormy for the fourth, our town will have fireworks on the 30th instead.

NYKAREN
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Margaret – If someone could come up with a safe solution to get mustard out of clothes … they’d be a millionaire for sure. IF I wear white … I AM going to spill something on it. What works for me on stains is Clorox Spray for Stain in Colors and some ‘white’ foam soap from a dispenser or clear or white Dawn. I can sometimes even spray it on a stain on a shirt I am wearing and it is gone and dry within a few minutes.

Pip – Some of us are not able to come right out at an instant about a hurtful remark as others are. I have no doubt you’d say whatever was on your mind. But, I can think of all the wish I ‘coulda, shoulda, woulda, and iffa’s as soon as I remove myself from a situation like Mary found herself if. When we dwell on it those “coulda, shoulda, woulda, and iffa’s” get even more ‘direct’ and ‘bold’. Then we want to ‘kick ourselves’ and then guilt rolls in. I am a proponent of taking myself ‘out of a stressful or hurtful’ situation, because I will ‘fly off the handle’ and say something I really wouldn’t say, if I had had time to think about it. I’m guessing that sitting in a salon chair made Mary feel trapped and the only way out was to go to the restroom. My BF and I sometimes don’t see ‘eye-to-eye’ and if her grandson is ‘out of jail’ I usually try to stay away because ‘if’ he calls her in the car; I am ‘trapped’ and having to listen to them cursing and screaming at one another makes my head explode. My BF’s voice gets shriller the madder she gets and 98% of the time, she just ‘gives in’. I’d tell the ‘little ingrate’ if he did not like it; tough $#*T! Since I live 25 miles away, out in the boonies, I will just tell her that the next time I am coming back in town is in 2 weeks. The road between our houses are equal, coming and going; but, she always wants to ‘get together for lunch’ when I am ‘in town’. She doesn’t work Friday through Monday, yet, she won’t come out here. I know it, I accept it, …; but, I don’t particularly like what seems like more of a one-way relationship with someone I’ve known for 25 years. But, it is what it is.

Becca – No dogs do it, too. I think they believe it scatters their ‘markings’ further out. Cracker doesn’t always do it on a daily basis; but, if Luna comes down or if Will brings Lily, she is right behind them peeing where they have to remark her territory. I think it is also their way of ‘thinking’ they’ve used enough Charmin toilet tissue (in the event they had their feet a little too close to the exit site.

Felicia – Several years ago, on one of our DGDs long weekend vacation … we went to Stone Mountain and they a new ‘ride’ (for lack of a better term); where you walked tethered to a secure line 4 or 5 stories up. I was determined to finish it. They tried to get me to stop; and, I told them ‘just go back to the hotel, I’ll walk when I get finished’. I finished, they had gone back to hotel; and as I got out of the park a big storm blew up and there were about 75 people caught under a shelter with a metal roof on it. I don’t mind lightning and thunder storms; but, it was getting to me that these kids ranging from age 10 – 15 were bawling like babies and promising God they’d do better IF He would let them see them again. About 30 minutes of this before it passed. I hauled @$$ running to the hotel; and had temporarily forgotten that lightening can strike 10 miles away from a storm. I saw a blast and about fell flat on the ground. I’m one who would go to one of those ‘extreme’ waterparks, myself; but, after almost getting stuck on a roller coaster; because the kid running the ride was not paying attention to how long it takes for 4 people to get out of their seats. I was ‘screaming’ for him to STOP, I wanted to get off; but, I wasn’t totally strapped in but not totally out of the seat either. My DOGD realized what was happening and ran up behind him to tap him on his back. He was on a cellphone. I reported him to the front desk and told them that he was not watching what was happening. That ride looks like it would be fun, and ‘cooling’.

Sue – Wasn’t the Terracotta Warriors from China a sight to behold? LOVED it! My BF and I had traveled from Albany, GA to Birmingham, AL to see it. Worth sitting in a car for 3 hours one way. I’d go back to see it again, if it ever comes close to us.

Jennie in Virginia – If you don’t check in 2x a day … you are going to stay behind. LOL! We are a very vocal group with members all over the world.

Allie – Gee, ‘if’ Elana and TomCat work together … subpoenaing her ‘time off’ and ‘his’ might be an interesting thing, even ‘if’ you cannot connect the dots to them being in FL together. Some companies do NOT approve of ‘workplace romances’ between co-workers. You don’t have to ‘use’ the “Ace in the Hole” … but; a good ‘threat’ might be worth it. But that IMHO only. You would not want to do anything to put TomCat’s job in jeopardy. Just to keep Elana away from the house in FL. But, like I have said before – the biggest kick in the gonads is to go ‘after’ what he wants most out of this relationship; and, find a job down there and enjoy the nice sunny weather all year long for the rest of your life. If you are working for a retirement - find out if you can cash it in, and reinvest it elsewhere. I’d pick FL over CONN any day of the week; but, I don’t like ‘cold weather’. Yes, everybody … I do go for those soft spots to hurt people if I am backed into a wall. I come out with my claws drawn.

Becca – Mentally eating a slice … please put them away … I am about to grab the entire pan!

JennieLeeAu… - I think that Michele feels that the ‘groom’s mother’ is running the show! Michele is the Mother of the bride and her input is what has been ignored. As for me, with only boys … we did not have to lift a finger; both marriages of my oldest son were in the backyards of the brides and they did not have a rehearsal, therefore we did not have a rehearsal dinner.

DYS and his wife live in Louisiana, so we did not have any input there; but, as for a rehearsal dinner, we paid for that (with the exception that her parents paid for the other daughter and family to come). So we paid for about 10 dinners, which is about what we sort of expected. The 2 bridesmaids and their husbands paid for their own meals and that of their spouses. The wedding was planned mainly by DDnL#2 as was the reception. She had plans on what to do and friends of theirs made sure it got done. Small bottles of wine and beer like they sell on planes (you can buy them by the case) and ‘roasted’ pig and a platter of pulled pork, fruit pineapple, and Jambalaya … I could have eaten my weight in it, and, damn came close to it.

Now it seems like we have stopped sending men to the moon and are, instead, depending on self-driving cars. I think I’d rather go to the ‘moon and back’ than to depend on a self-driving car. You’d be safer.

KJ – Sorry for the loss of your sister. You are correct in saying the brain is an amazing thing.

Joyce – I think my ‘mental state’ was in such a bad place when DOS and his now-wife had started dating and he had told her that he wanted me to ‘get better’ before she introduced us. After some period of time, she felt like he was ‘putting her off’ about meeting his parents and came, against his wished, and introduced herself to me as his fiancée. I did not handle it well, she had walked around the side of the house because I was in the back yard. The when she saw my reaction, she changed it to ‘girlfriend’. At that point, I wasn’t even sure that the final decree of divorce had been taken, although it was very obvious that there was no chance of reconciliation. I just thought he was being ‘stupid’ to jump back into another relationship. Apparently, I gave her the ‘cold shoulder’ although we have pictures of them being at our house and I had to have been the one taking the pictures. They have been married 18 years; and, she has ‘just’ started showing a side of her that I had never seen before and that is because she is on a medication to help even out her ‘mood swings’. It’s been hard enough on me to deal with my ‘own’ mood swings without having to deal with hers. But, since then and since they have gotten their financial home in a better place (although DOS never wanted it to go there), they have been a lot more pleasant to be around. I’m seeing a side I never saw; DOS’s griping about money woos has ceased to a large degree; and, she has been pleasant to be around. However, 18 years of ‘ups and downs’ have been hard on me in keeping my moods stabilized.

Lenora
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon
    Just stopping in.
    Marti
    Ontario Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I've been ridiculously hungry these last few days. I can't remember a time when I was so hungry. :o Not caving in to it, but it's quite a surprise. Not doing anything different.
    Tonight I did have an alcoholic drink, but I've had 2 AF days before this.

My cleaner couldn't come because her child was ill, so the boss of the firm stepped in and did it. :D Felt a bit embarrassed! :o I did ask her to deep clean the kitchen and the living room and she did a great job. :) Wish she came every week!

My yoghurt turned out fine, but I think I prefer it made in the bowl and not drained. I will do it like that next time. I could alternate the methods. :p

It's been raining here so DH couldn't go to the cricket. I had picnic food ready for him, so he ate that for dinner. I adore my "funny" food I have when he's away. :laugh: I managed to type out some of my memoir when the cleaner was here and get up to date with the printing. Also downloaded some pics of the grandchildren. <3 I've finished my "guts" book and I'm back to my brain book. :laugh: My DDIL is writing this week in the Huffington Post about why it's alright to be sad sometimes. Wise words.

Had a terrible night last night being awake for hours thinking about my Instant Pot. ;):(:* I am one crazy person!!!! I'm always like that with a new gadget. Duh!

Lots of love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Oh Joy indeed. John is making his famous egg white French toast. I can have one piece with sugar free maple syrup. Adding up the calories here...I will pay dearly for this treat. Lunch will be a small tomato, cucumber and a 1/2 cup serving of cottage cheese. Generous splash of hot sauce on the cottage cheese.

Hello everyone. We are under a cool cloudy sky but no flying water (rain). Yea! We live out in the country on the north Oregon coast. Sun happens some time, but don't count on it. If it isn't raining or a big blustery day, well that's just about perfect.
    Patsy in Astoria
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I'm having a case of the blue meanies today, and I really don't know why. Thankfully, the blue meanies are rare for me. We have my car repair scheduled for next Monday through Friday. I'll have a rental car provided by the insurance of the woman whose son hit my car. The insurance company wanted me to rent though Hertz, but the nearest Hertz office is too far away by road for that to be practical. They have offices in Longview, Portland, Beaverton & Ridgefield. Ridgefield is very close if you're a bird or traveling on a boat. It is right across the river from us, but the nearest bridges are in Portland and Longview. The apparent distance is close, but the miles it takes to get there are ridiculous. An executive from Hertz followed up with me today and I assured him that we like their company just fine, but distances make it impractical for us to use their services. :ohwell: