Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Hey, it worked!! Thanks so much
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Well here it is 12:30 am and I am awake.
    Tom comes to me last night and asks what I'm doing end of July?
    Said working..he said he is driving down to Florida for a week to get the title for the car.asked why they couldn't just send it,he said he wanted to check on the house while he is down there...
    Ohhh K.now I have no problem with that,but wrote an email to attorney .There is no if ands or buts.I do not want Elena anywhere near there..and I know he will take her down there..so we might be ramping this up quicker than I thought..he had an appointment with attorney tonight, he rescheduled to tomorrow night because of his aunt's wake..so another sleepless night.grrrr.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Heather: I am so happy for your son's success with his greyhounds. Dogs are a real blessing in so many lives, including his and mine. :heart:

Mary: I love the photos. You look great! The hairdresser either needs glasses or an attitude adjustment. :smiley:

Becca: Your advice to Mary is excellent. I'm not sure I would be tough enough to speak out to the negative stylist, but your strategy is honest and just. :star: I also love your message, "Life is short. Spend it with people who make you laugh and feel loved." Thanks for sharing. :smiley:

Barbie and Rori: I've read both versions of Younger Next Year and I strongly prefer the one written for women. I like the focus better and it feels much more supportive, in my opinion. :flowerforyou:

The company that did our raccoon abatement last winter came out today and fixed the thinkgs that were not done correctly in the first place. I feel much more optimistic that we won't face the problem of raccoons under our house again any time soon. Yay!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Rori - Also look at THINNER THIS YEAR. Same person, but with a dietician. Goes a lot into gut bacteria etc. I found it amazing. I am now reading THE CLEVER GUTS DIET by Michael Moseley, who is a popular TV doctor over here. He did a lot to popularise 5:2 when it first came out.

Plumber, yoga and lunch out today. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Morning Again~
    up and having a cup of tea, will hop in the shower and and get ready for work, will bring a change of clothes and change before leaving work will change for the wake..
    I will drive down to waterbury on my own tomorrow for funeral, Tom will leave from work..
    I don't know what can be done to keep Tom from taking Elana down to Florida, but the lawyer will help me get something done..
    I dont care if she will move in with him here once I am gone,but I dont want her anywhere near that Florida house..
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone who is new!

Mary: Totally agree that you look amazing!
    Allie: Hope your lawyer can come up with a way to keep her out of your Florida place.
    Heather: I am definitely going to look up your book suggestions.

I was another 0.4 pounds down this week, not bad considering the weekend getaway with lovely meals on Friday and Saturday. Not eating much because of the tummy bug on Sunday no doubt helped, as did trudging round the city for almost eight km on Saturday.

I am feeling much better today.

- Leigh in France
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, think I'm catching DH's crud :o so I'm going to drown it in chicken broth. Have another nice project list to engage my brain today, though if it keeps raining I won't be able to weed :s

I'm off to exercise first thing so DD can have the car for work, this new schedule will keep some structure in my days, something I know I need to keep on track with healthy habits.

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Callie welcome!

Dana love the picture!

Michele I use Dawn when I notice a stain on my clothing. Unless it is a mustard stain it almost always takes it out. Love it. Also love the bee!

Heather I have found taking care of my gut isn't so much about weight loss to me but staying healthier. For me it started when I got so sick in Mexico five years ago. That is why I could relate to when you got so sick on your trip. A month after that trip I got the Swine flu and it was one of the worst illnesses I ever got. I can remember sitting on the couch and thinking I should go into the hospital or call an ambulance. Just the thought of all the energy that would take kept me from going or calling. I am convinced that because my immune system was so compromised it contributed to me getting so sick. (105 degree temperature)

Since I have gone on a high fiber with a probiotic in the form of Kombucha or yogurt with no sugar. I have only have two minor colds in the past few years. I did have that knee issue and weight gain but those were due to other problems. I have dropped ten pounds since I changed my sleep schedule and am under less stress. I do think the high fiber is helping my blood sugar too.

Another thing I have noticed since making all these changes. If I do get upset it passes more quickly. I used to brood about things for days. I rarely do that anymore.

I did have a hard fall with two immediate family members with serious illnesses, my mother passing, and dealing with the aftermath of one of windows being shot out. This followed a spring where our home was ransacked and being assaulted that spring too. I know these events were part of my weight gain after a two year of maintenance and part of my knee issue. After putting all these events into perspective along with other positive changes this might be part of why I rarely brood anymore. Don't get me wrong I still get upset like when dealing with a difficult curtain rod, but minor compared to how difficult life can be.

Yes time to sit in the lounge chair and soak in the garden.

:heart: Margaret
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    <3
    Sarah
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Margaret - Yes, I can relate to all that. I get over things quicker now and I don't get hypos like I used to (apart from this Saturday at the party!) . My "growth issue" is that I notice I am very judgemental. :o I would like to work on that. The fact that I am noticing it, must be an improvement. :D
    Had a lovely lunch, low cal, with my friend. We talked about men, funerals and assisted suicide. A great time. :D:D

Now expecting the plumber. My Instant Pot has arrived! :drinker:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • jennymo
    jennymo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Morning all.
    Checking in. Hoping or should I be positive and say I will have a good day of making healthy choices! My pattern seems to be good for a couple of days then a day of overindulgence and back to good. Yesterday was overindulgence but it couldn't have been too bad as I was down 0.2lbs. I'll take that and get back to logging my food.
    I have a conundrum on my mind.
    I line dance 4 times a week. One of the classes is an advanced class and a new person has joined who has a very strong personality. Last week when I was explaining to the instructor a problem I was having this women piped up from behind me to "let's get on with it". Me being the person I am took it to mean "shut up and suck it up buttercup". At that point I got mad and couldn't really think straight which meant I was no good dancing so I left. The next day I did explain to the instructor why I left and she did agree that the women can be a problem. Her thinking is to try to get her to the back of the class. My thinking is iit doesn't matter where she is in the class it's her attitude. So, my conundrum is as much as I like the class and the challenges of learning complicated dances I don't want to go somewhere that I am not enjoying anymore. I am retired now and if I want to have someone boss me around I'll go back to work. At first I was sure I wasn't going back but now I have had time to process it all I'm thinking I'll go back this week and see how it goes. Then I start thinking no, I'll just make a clean break, after all I still go 3 other times a week and those classes I really enjoy.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Jenn
    BC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    fanncy -
    i had posted something but i don't c it anymore.... what i said was, U are and look like da bomb!!, do you want me to beat her up for you?

another thing, you said you had known her for about 20 years. so you have a long standing relationship i would suppose. if my hair person had said something that hurt my feelings like that and knowing her as long as that, i would have told her, "hey that *kitten* hurt, that's not nice!" in my own way of course, but i would have let her know

morning peeps
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I have been hanging in there. Is anyone having trouble with the home page? It won't load for me but everything else does.

Allie: stay strong!!!

Everyone else is in my thoughts too!

Meg from Omaha
  • JennieLeeAustin
    JennieLeeAustin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I've been trying to play catch up with all the posts. I need to go back through Mary's old posts. I had no idea you had been battling Lyme disease and an injured shoulder until I read some one else's post that mentioned it.

Allie I need to go back some time to catch up with what has been going on with you as well. From the little I've seen, you have had a rough time of it and for that I'm very sorry.

I've read through most of everyones posts on here that started in April 2017, but I think I'm missing big chunks of infomration on all of you. Some of you are super women that bike and leap short buildings with little effort, some of you are apparently amazing cooks and bakers!, some of you have critter issues that from the outside looking in seem amusing, but as I stated earlier, I have not caught up on all the posts yet. So please don't be mad, I'm really not making fun of the raccoon issue. Some of you have beautiful families and wonderful pets.

Peace to everyone on here and I will do my best to get caught up so I'm not asking questions about things that have already been answered.

Callie glad I'm not the only newbie on here. I just joined yesterday so welcome.