Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I think gyms make people lazy and codependent on someone else to decide for them what exercises they can and can't do based on machinery provided.

So if you don't have the advanced equipment at home to continue to improve your strength and cardio you suddenly become lazy because you join a gym with the equipment you need???

I don't need advanced equipment in my decision making skills. Or to stay fit. That's what the front door is for. It opens up to a world of free and limitless options.

Great for cardio, but what about weight training?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »

Hard to train for powerlifting outside of the gym. And I am almost offended at being called lazy and codependent. I work my *kitten* off for my goals.

Almost offended on a topic called unpopular opinions? Sounds like a fell a little short of success on my opinion. Not unpopular enough. :)

When you get past Planet Fitness and the machines that limit your options, and come to a gym equipped with real weights, you'll see what I mean.

I pick things up and put them down

Me, too. ;)
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

Hard to train for powerlifting outside of the gym. And I am almost offended at being called lazy and codependent. I work my *kitten* off for my goals.

Almost offended on a topic called unpopular opinions? Sounds like a fell a little short of success on my opinion. Not unpopular enough. :)

When you get past Planet Fitness and the machines that limit your options, and come to a gym equipped with real weights, you'll see what I mean.

I pick things up and put them down

Me, too. ;)

I love that Planet Fitness accidentally created the greatest workout motto since Just Do It, while trying to make fun of it.

I have a self-created exercise in my exercise log that says "I picked things up and put them down." LOL

that's awesome
This discussion has been closed.