11 pages already?
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Holy crap this is still going on?!?!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So far, the list of people who are doing this horrible awful thing (trashing any exercise besides "heavy lifting") is as follows:

DayPul

However, I haven't seen any actual examples of where he has actually done this...

...but have seen several accounts of where he has done the opposite.

So the only thing left to bring full closure to this thread would be either the OP providing actual examples...

...or apologizing for unfairly and incorrectly calling out DavPul.

(Well, that or making yet another thread with the same baseless accusations.)
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    So the only thing left to bring full closure to this thread would be either the OP providing actual examples...

JOF YOU COPYCAT BULLY! Earlier in the thread I quite clearly said (in bold no less)
    "Either go back, find a quote, and make a liar out of him, or admit that your fantasizing about this supposed persecution conspiracy."

I am litigating for copyright infringement, uhm, pain and suffering, and moral . . . uhm . . . derpitude.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

JOF YOU COPYCAT BULLY! Earlier in the thread I quite clearly said (in bold no less)
    "Either go back, find a quote, and make a liar out of him, or admit that your fantasizing about this supposed persecution conspiracy."

I am litigating for copyright infringement, uhm, pain and suffering, and moral . . . uhm . . . derpitude.

Some people stalk other random users in the forums telling everyone either you're lifting heavy or you're doing it entirely wrong...

...and others find good posts in long threads and rephrase them once the thread looks like it's dead.

We all have our own callings. You have to find what works for you and go with that...

Everyone is different...

...and we are all here for the same reason.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hey, has the OP ventured into the New Squats and Big Booties? I feel like it could be educational, and is no way mocking her at all and is in fact merely a celebration of women who had changed to way their butts look with (in most cases) heavy squats. Not a single bulky butt to be seen, btw.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1057517-squats-and-big-booties-redux
  • tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185
    Options
    Hey, has the OP ventured into the New Squats and Big Booties? I feel like it could be educational, and is no way mocking her at all and is in fact merely a celebration of women who had changed to way their butts look with (in most cases) heavy squats. Not a single bulky butt to be seen, btw.

It was a good read. (As if I did any reading with all those pictures!)
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

I thoroughly enjoyed the post. A very celebratory and supportive environment where women who did heavy weight, moderate weight, body weight and even half squats could feel proud of their journey and progress so far. Nice to see no one telling anyone that their workouts were pointless, but offering suggestions for progression when they are ready. Kudos to you on a great topic and as I mentioned earlier, congrats on your success so far, good luck as you continue your journey
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I thoroughly enjoyed the post. A very celebratory and supportive environment where women who did heavy weight, moderate weight, body weight and even half squats could feel proud of their journey and progress so far. Nice to see no one telling anyone that their workouts were pointless, but offering suggestions for progression when they are ready. Kudos to you on a great topic and as I mentioned earlier, congrats on your success so far, good luck as you continue your journey

Because these posts straight out don't exist...

...except in your sensationalistic attempts to create drama.

Period.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

Period.

"You want an effective leg exercise? That means squats. And heavy squats. Bodyweight squats are a waste of time "

Those aren't my words. I guess if you do bodyweight squats you are wasting your time. I think that depends on your goals. I have done both. On Chelled's topic many women said they are doing bodyweight squats, some even said they were doing half squat, she never told them not to bother. She did offer progressive techniques, but didn't judge them. If I am just trying to create drama, then there wouldn't be a post every month or so about how mean some people can be here. That climate is very real. However, majority of MFP users are friendly, supportive and a great resource to have and there is also a great deal of camaraderie in the group forums.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Period.

SqnmhnZ.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    This is an obvious case of:

kettlecallingpotblack_zpsc349c157.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Period.

"You want an effective leg exercise? That means squats. And heavy squats. Bodyweight squats are a waste of time "

Those aren't my words. I guess if you do bodyweight squats you are wasting your time. I think that depends on your goals. I have done both. On Chelled's topic many women said they are doing bodyweight squats, some even said they were doing half squat, she never told them not to bother. She did offer progressive techniques, but didn't judge them. If I am just trying to create drama, then there wouldn't be a post every month or so about how mean some people can be here. That climate is very real. However, majority of MFP users are friendly, supportive and a great resource to have and there is also a great deal of camaraderie in the group forums.

If, as you seem to be saying, this group that is supposedly bullying people into heavy lifting is just a small portion of the community, and the majority of the community is supportive and helpful, then why are you giving the bad eggs more attention with this post? Is it not enough for most of the community to fit your definition of support? Do you need 100% compliance? Because honestly, that seems extremely unlikely, especially considering that there's a large portion of us that doesn't share your definition of supportive.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Well if it is wrong to disagree with someone who says bodyweight squats are pointless and goals should not factor into training choices then I guess I'm wrong. If it is wrong to disagree with someone who dismisses the experiences of people who do Piltates or dance or high rep/low weight, then I guess I'm wrong. I don't pretend to now everything about fitness, but I know enough to know that there is more than one road to fitland. Not a controversial concept for most of us, but for some their way is the way and everything else is nonsense.

He said that bodyweight squats are hard on the knees. Which I agree with. In the number of reps of bodyweight squats you'd need to do to see any kind of results, that's going to be hard on the knees. I see people doing the "100 squat challenge," and all I can think is "Who has time for that?!" I'd rather knock out my 25 weighted squats and be done with it.

He also didn't dismiss the experience of those who do pillates, dance, etc., he dismissed the notion that it "makes your legs longer" or "creates long lean muscles." Also, gotta agree there. My muscle is fixed to my bone in two spots. It's not going to get any longer. And muscle is already lean by definition.

What he said and what you read are two different things.

Interesting that the op chose to ignore this post.

but then selective reading appears to be her major skill set :noway:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    He said that bodyweight squats are hard on the knees. Which I agree with. In the number of reps of bodyweight squats you'd need to do to see any kind of results, that's going to be hard on the knees. I see people doing the "100 squat challenge," and all I can think is "Who has time for that?!" I'd rather knock out my 25 weighted squats and be done with it.

He also didn't dismiss the experience of those who do pillates, dance, etc., he dismissed the notion that it "makes your legs longer" or "creates long lean muscles." Also, gotta agree there. My muscle is fixed to my bone in two spots. It's not going to get any longer. And muscle is already lean by definition.

What he said and what you read are two different things.

Interesting that the op chose to ignore this post.

but then selective reading appears to be her major skill set :noway:

I was wrong, too. :blushing: The squat challenge going around is the 30 day squat challenge, where you end up doing 250 (!!!) squats, not 100.