My FITNESS Pal, Keyword is FITNESS

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    MRSMALCOLM - You are saying something that needs to be said. For two years I have read these forums and I see what the heck you are trying to say. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Huh?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/bonniecarbs
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/bonniecarbtoo

Oh just re-read it if you didn't understand it.

Re-read what exactly? You have two profiles and have logged in to both to defend the OP. Is that about it?

Perhaps bonniecarbs, bonniecarbtoo and the OP mrsmalcolm are all the same person? :huh:

hmmmmm
    OMG, I hate when this happens! It's so scary. I'll be in a bunk. For a totally different reason though. :noway: :frown: :sick:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have a profile where I have friends and talk about food and exercise - no food logging or exercise logging.

A have another profile where I log my food and exercise - no friends. I was surprised to see the post was still going on and made another comment. Don't think any rules were broken. But I still see what she is talking about, sorry I pissed off people by agreeing with her. Good night all, I have another round of cardio to do.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I have a profile where I have friends and talk about food and exercise - no food logging or exercise logging.

A have another profile where I log my food and exercise - no friends. I was surprised to see the post was still going on and made another comment. Don't think any rules were broken. But I still see what she is talking about, sorry I pissed off people by agreeing with her. Good night all, I have another round of cardio to do.

Having multiple accounts is against the rules, despite your reason.

The Law is hard, but it is the Law.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    MRSMALCOLM - You are saying something that needs to be said. For two years I have read these forums and I see what the heck you are trying to say. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Huh?

Re-read what exactly? You have two profiles and have logged in to both to defend the OP. Is that about it?

Perhaps bonniecarbs, bonniecarbtoo and the OP mrsmalcolm are all the same person? :huh:

I don't know who bonniecarbs or bonniecarbtoo is. But if we are going to call out people for violating guidelines, there was a lot of that going on in this topic.

Where?

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics (Not my intention but some may view it that way)

10. Multiple Accounts Are Not Allowed

12. No Profane, Vulgar, Sexually Explicit or Illegal Images (Boobs could be considered explicit)

I think that covers it, but to be honest some of these violations I see quite often. Some I may be guilty of myself. Maybe the topic should be follow guidelines so that we can all get along, because if we did this place would be more harmonious
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    In...

...to read later...

...because persistent.

LOL!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I actually do not think it is. It is only a violation if you try to avoid strikes/being banned that way. I think anyway but could be wrong.

It is confusing though.

ETA: I stand corrected based on the list provided my MrsM
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    But you violated all of these ms hypocrite.

This is life on the interwebz, love it or hate it it is what it is
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Huh?

I don't know who bonniecarbs or bonniecarbtoo is. But if we are going to call out people for violating guidelines, there was a lot of that going on in this topic.

Where?

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics (Not my intention but some may view it that way)

10. Multiple Accounts Are Not Allowed

12. No Profane, Vulgar, Sexually Explicit or Illegal Images (Boobs could be considered explicit)

I think that covers it, but to be honest some of these violations I see quite often. Some I may be guilty of myself. Maybe the topic should be follow guidelines so that we can all get along, because if we did this place would be more harmonious

You forgot the questioning the mods one
  • TyFit08
    Options

I actually do not think it is. It is only a violation if you try to avoid strikes/being banned that way. I think anyway but could be wrong.

It is confusing though.

I think if she is reported and gets three strikes she will be out. But I think that goes for all the violations. That's what I got from it, but it is a little confusing.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I would like to highlight the following as what I think is the most typical thread on the site:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1057191-runners-questions-from-a-beginner

Hi I'm interested in X but I need suggestions about X.
    Okay, here is mine.
    Here's my suggestion!
    Great going, I tried this thing and loved it.

I never see in those threads anyone trashing anyone else.
  • TyFit08
    Options
    But you violated all of these ms hypocrite

I don't know if you are talking to me, but regardless you are violating a guideline right now.

At least I admit my faults. I believe I am guilty of reciprocating and airing grievances with moderators since I questioned why my previous post was closed. But to find someone on this topic who didn't violate guideline would be much harder than finding those who followed them.
  • bonniecarbtoo
    Options
    Truly didn't know I was breaking the rules. I shall delete this account when I end this reply, and just use the one account. See, I learned something. But I am not the OP, she is younger than my daughter, so we couldn't be the same. Her age is 34 and mine is 63. Good night all. Deleting account now.
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This thread seems a little ridiculous and quite pointless.

People give advice to others because they might be more experienced. If you don't like it, unfriend them simple.

Also, lifting or some sort of strength training is key because you can lose all the weight from cardio, but when you do you will be a little flabby. Getting toned while burning fat ensures you will look your best when the weight comes off. If you don't want to look that way, then don't do it.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

I lied earlier. I don't have 5000 posts on this site. I have over 8000. And I'd bet 90% of them are about fitness and exercise. So if you're posting on F&E or about F&E, I've probably seen it and responded to it. 8000 posts by me and you take 3 posts personally and act as if I'm making a special case against you? You have 500+ posts. I've responded to THREE of them.

CPDLQ3e.gif

This is true. I shamefully admit that I've creeped his previous post history.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I have over 10,000 posts now. I'd say 15% of them are helpful.

Bwahahahahaha
  • TyFit08
    Options
    I would like to highlight the following as what I think is the most typical thread on the site:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1057191-runners-questions-from-a-beginner

Okay, here is mine.
    Here's my suggestion!

I find runners very supportive on MFP and anyone looking for advice would get good advice and no judgement. The running groups are great too. I think the trashing starts whenever strength training is mentioned. Sometimes people even trash people who are agreeing with them. I just don't get it. Oh food can cause a lot of conflict too. The eat your exercise calories back vs not eating your exercise calories back vs eat clean vs eat what I want vs whatever. I say let's all be the best we can be, and understand my goals and yours may not be the same. I think there would be a lot less trash talk if that was more prevalent on the main forum.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I thought the forums were strictly fit entertainment purposes only anyway
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    But you violated all of these ms hypocrite

I don't know if you are talking to me, but regardless you are violating a guideline right now.

At least I admit my faults. I believe I am guilty of reciprocating and airing grievances with moderators since I questioned why my previous post was closed. But to find someone on this topic who didn't violate guideline would be much harder than finding those who followed them.

Touche. Will you also admit that you create posts to incite this very response? If your answer is no I call bull as you have created one earlier to discuss the very same issue that went the very same way.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Okay, here is mine.
    Here's my suggestion!

I find runners very supportive on MFP and anyone looking for advice would get good advice and no judgement. The running groups are great too. I think the trashing starts whenever strength training is mentioned. Sometimes people even trash people who are agreeing with them. I just don't get it.

So, I haven't been here *that* long, but I can honestly say that I don't see this happening very often. Every once in awhile, someone will be a tool about lifting heavy vs. cardio, but most of the time, posters are just encouraging it because the OP is worried about how their body looks. It's not rocket science to say that lifting heavy increases LBM and creates a more shapely body. Most often, I don't see people saying "Screw cardio! Only do lifting!" They are just encouraging people who aren't lifting to include it in their routine. It's pretty innocuous, actually, not to mention generally helpful.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Wonderinv which side of the argument is Truely keeping this thread alive....