My FITNESS Pal, Keyword is FITNESS

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    1. By continually posting the same thread over and over, I would contend that you sought me out, not the other way around. I have no idea who you are, what your workout schedule is, or what other posts you've made in the month since your last thread blow up.

2. You're fabricating an argument out of air. I've got 5000 posts on this site. I dare you to find a single one where I said a good bodyweight program or metabolic conditioning is worthless. I've recommending the You Are Your Own Gym book and app 100's of times on this site. If you were on my feed you'd see metabolic workouts 4x per week, compared to heavy lifting workouts 3x per week. You also won't find any posts of me bashing yoga, or pilates, or cardio barre, or running or.....well, you will find a ton of posts where I'm bashing walking dvd's. I never claimed to be perfect.

3. I don't care if someone agrees with me. I don't care if someone wants to do a completely different exercise regimen from what I do or what I recommend. The world is a big place and there's room for everyone. What I DO care about is when someone spreads blatant lies or misinformation that will lead other people down the wrong path. Don't want to lift, me no care. Want to make a LIFTING MAKES WOMEN BULKY post, I'm going to be all over that shish. Because it's not true and way too many women are fed that garbage for their entire lives. I've spent years trying to convince people, both women and men, of the benefits of resistance training (<<I almost never call it "heavy lifting" because there's so many ways to do it) and I know for a fact that one person whispering "but you'll get bulky" in a woman's ear will erasing a frigging year's worth of preaching anatomical science to her.

I post three posts in a month and you are on all three. Clearly you are seeking me out since you make it your business to post when you see that I posted. Clearly you are vein to think last night's post was about you, since you took the time not only to comment, but bring up previous posts I made where you felt you had triumphed over me. Now you are saying you do metabolic training, but somehow when I mentioned it last night, it was worthy of ridicule. if you didn't care if someone agrees with you, why are you still posting? I am just going to go ahead and ignore you and I hope you do the same.

Clearly someone with 20 times the post count of yours is stalking you because he happend to post in three threads in a month that you started? Get over yourself and welcome to the public internet forums.

<headdesk.gif>

OR...

He happens to post a lot and is entitled to his opinion. Couldn't possibly be that.

tumblr_m69a1g5C0u1rvzw0uo1_500.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    1. By continually posting the same thread over and over, I would contend that you sought me out, not the other way around. I have no idea who you are, what your workout schedule is, or what other posts you've made in the month since your last thread blow up.

2. You're fabricating an argument out of air. I've got 5000 posts on this site. I dare you to find a single one where I said a good bodyweight program or metabolic conditioning is worthless. I've recommending the You Are Your Own Gym book and app 100's of times on this site. If you were on my feed you'd see metabolic workouts 4x per week, compared to heavy lifting workouts 3x per week. You also won't find any posts of me bashing yoga, or pilates, or cardio barre, or running or.....well, you will find a ton of posts where I'm bashing walking dvd's. I never claimed to be perfect.

3. I don't care if someone agrees with me. I don't care if someone wants to do a completely different exercise regimen from what I do or what I recommend. The world is a big place and there's room for everyone. What I DO care about is when someone spreads blatant lies or misinformation that will lead other people down the wrong path. Don't want to lift, me no care. Want to make a LIFTING MAKES WOMEN BULKY post, I'm going to be all over that shish. Because it's not true and way too many women are fed that garbage for their entire lives. I've spent years trying to convince people, both women and men, of the benefits of resistance training (<<I almost never call it "heavy lifting" because there's so many ways to do it) and I know for a fact that one person whispering "but you'll get bulky" in a woman's ear will erasing a frigging year's worth of preaching anatomical science to her.

I post three posts in a month and you are on all three. Clearly you are seeking me out since you make it your business to post when you see that I posted. Clearly you are vein to think last night's post was about you, since you took the time not only to comment, but bring up previous posts I made where you felt you had triumphed over me. Now you are saying you do metabolic training, but somehow when I mentioned it last night, it was worthy of ridicule. if you don't care if someone agrees with you, why are you still posting? I am just going to go ahead and ignore you and I hope you do the same.

LOL

Have you seen his post count?

Also, you decided to start a thread complaining about these 'slights' but it was really about one person?

Clearly you paid no head to the people who explained why strength training was recommended to people on a deficit. Maybe you should spend more time paying attention and less time making complaining posts about perceived insults for people who do not lift heavy (which you have yet to show any evidence of).
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

I post three posts in a month and you are on all three. Clearly you are seeking me out since you make it your business to post when you see that I posted. Clearly you are vein to think last night's post was about you, since you took the time not only to comment, but bring up previous posts I made where you felt you had triumphed over me. Now you are saying you do metabolic training, but somehow when I mentioned it last night, it was worthy of ridicule. if you didn't care if someone agrees with you, why are you still posting? I am just going to go ahead and ignore you and I hope you do the same.

Clearly someone with 20 times the post count of yours is stalking you because he happend to post in three threads in a month that you started? Get over yourself and welcome to the public internet forums.

<headdesk.gif>

OR...

He happens to post a lot and is entitled to his opinion. Couldn't possibly be that.

tumblr_m69a1g5C0u1rvzw0uo1_500.gif

I would believe that if his first post on every other topic was a link to a previous post where he say check out where the OP had their azz handed to them. If he makes a habit of this, then I stand corrected.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    ohlook_zps8885be8f.jpg
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i would say its far from the majority, but it does seem like virtually every thread has someone pop in tho tell you that you don't know what your doing and that thier way is the best/only way to achieve any and ever fitness goal.

havent bothered to read much of this thread, but most of the those who take umbrage with your post seem to be proving your point in some way.

the thing that drives me nuts is all the pointless, mocking spoof threads.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Typing fast, my apologies for the Brialle, but if anyone wants examples of bullying, just ask Daypul. Not only did he bully several people and myself in my post even while I was agreeing with him. He sought out my latest two posts to criticize me further. He is one of the few who doesn't like when someone disagrees with them.

He was the main person I was referring to. He gave you excellent advice until you made it clear that you didn't want to hear it.

Maybe he thought he was, but he came off like a bully. The crazy thing is when he said lift heavy, I said I would give it a shot. Then when I said how can you give the same advice regardless of goals,he said goals didn't matter, pretty much saying lifting heavy was the only way. He also said bodyweight exercises were a waste of time and criticized several other posters who had suggested pilates and the barre workout. I posted that he and people like him do this form of training a disservice, because their tone and "my way is the only way" attitude doesn't leave room for any other options. It is a turn off.

I haven't posted on any of his topics or anything he as written. I did further research and posted a topic last night to say that lifting heavy is great and so are so many other things. But the bully couldn't be happy with that. Instead he posts a link to a previous thread saying I had my azz handed to me. Yes that is being helpful and supportive. I think not. He is one of a small group who even if you agree with them, you must agree wholeheartedly or you will be criticized and they will stalk your topics.

Hm? This is not my experience of him at all. One time I asked him for advice on a routine for lifting stuff and he sent me a couple of links and even told me where to work them in with my current cardio. Just plain email to the point and that was all. It took me a lot of times to work up the courage too because in the past a different man criticized my eating plan all over the place and so I was gunshy so to speak.

Actually now that I think of it my bar is filled with lifting videos from another nice woman who responded to my request for form videos and it even has amounts for depending on how much you weigh. She got those to me fast too. I beleive in both cases they closed with "if you have any other questions" type language. I find the strong people here to be, strong. Busy. But strong.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Typing fast, my apologies for the Brialle, but if anyone wants examples of bullying, just ask Daypul. Not only did he bully several people and myself in my post even while I was agreeing with him. He sought out my latest two posts to criticize me further. He is one of the few who doesn't like when someone disagrees with them.

He was the main person I was referring to. He gave you excellent advice until you made it clear that you didn't want to hear it.

Maybe he thought he was, but he came off like a bully. The crazy thing is when he said lift heavy, I said I would give it a shot. Then when I said how can you give the same advice regardless of goals,he said goals didn't matter, pretty much saying lifting heavy was the only way. He also said bodyweight exercises were a waste of time and criticized several other posters who had suggested pilates and the barre workout. I posted that he and people like him do this form of training a disservice, because their tone and "my way is the only way" attitude doesn't leave room for any other options. It is a turn off.

I haven't posted on any of his topics or anything he as written. I did further research and posted a topic last night to say that lifting heavy is great and so are so many other things. But the bully couldn't be happy with that. Instead he posts a link to a previous thread saying I had my azz handed to me. Yes that is being helpful and supportive. I think not. He is one of a small group who even if you agree with them, you must agree wholeheartedly or you will be criticized and they will stalk your topics.

Have you seen his body?

Also do you not yet understand the importance of lifting? If not here is a quick break down, It helps maintain lean body mass while you are losing weight. Meaning you wont look like a saggy bag of crap while you lose. That's why it doesn't matter what your goals are. It is always good to maintain what LBM you have.
    Now I'm learning something new. People who don''t lift heavy will look like a saggy bag of crap when they lose.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    probably shouldn't say this, but even people that i absolutely ADORE on my FL sometimes end up sounding like jerks on the forum. i'm sure i do as well. sometimes things are taken the wrong way as well
  • TyFit08
    Options

I post three posts in a month and you are on all three. Clearly you are seeking me out since you make it your business to post when you see that I posted. Clearly you are vein to think last night's post was about you, since you took the time not only to comment, but bring up previous posts I made where you felt you had triumphed over me. Now you are saying you do metabolic training, but somehow when I mentioned it last night, it was worthy of ridicule. if you don't care if someone agrees with you, why are you still posting? I am just going to go ahead and ignore you and I hope you do the same.

LOL

Also, you decided to start a thread complaining about these 'slights' but it was really about one person?

He is one example. There is a culture here that is perpetuated by a group, he just happens to be a part of that group. The fact that someone can't post a topic where goals are taking in consideration when choosing a training program, without members of this group ripping it, is exactly my point. If there was mutual respect for each other's journey, then the idea that I might do metabolic resistance training, you might to traditional strength training and someone else did pilates would not be controversial or the cause of conflict. But it is.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    And then you have people with entirely different experiences on this site... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1057153-don-t-you-just-love-mfp-because

It's all in your perspective. If you look for the negative, you'll find the negative. If you look for the positive, you'll find the positive.

I look for both, and find both. :laugh:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Have you seen his body?

Also do you not yet understand the importance of lifting? If not here is a quick break down, It helps maintain lean body mass while you are losing weight. Meaning you wont look like a saggy bag of crap while you lose. That's why it doesn't matter what your goals are. It is always good to maintain what LBM you have.
    Now I'm learning something new. People who don''t lift heavy will look like a saggy bag of crap when they lose.

Yes
  • bonniecarbtoo
    Options
    MRSMALCOLM - You are saying something that needs to be said. For two years I have read these forums and I see what the heck you are trying to say. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

LOL

He is one example. There is a culture here that is perpetuated by a group, he just happens to be a part of that group. The fact that someone can't post a topic where goals are taking in consideration when choosing a training program, without members of this group ripping it, is exactly my point. If there was mutual respect for each other's journey, then the idea that I might do metabolic resistance training, you might to traditional strength training and someone else did pilates would not be controversial or the cause of conflict. But it is.

Where are these threads?
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    1274180361_clerks-rosario-dawson-boob-bounce.gif?w=311&h=250

....okay, I'm not into women, so why can't I stop staring at this? The boobies. They hypnotize.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Have you seen his body?

While the wording was extreme and not one that I would use, where was heavy lifting mentioned?
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Have you seen his body?

While the wording was extreme and not one that I would use, where was heavy lifting mentioned?

Yes I know I apologize.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I guess some people are just so darned bad at reading English that they just sort of guess at what people are saying, and then get upset.

NO ONE SAYS CARDIOVASCULAR FITNESS IS IRRELEVANT. No one.

Nobody says or has said that. And Daypul or whatever his name is said up there that he hasn't done so in your other thread.

Either go back, find a quote, and make a liar out of him, or admit that your fantasizing about this supposed persecution conspiracy.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    also think that 'heavy lifting' is going to mean something a little different to everyone.

not to mention that if your limiting yourself to any particular type of routine, rep range, or resistance training, your going to plateau and/or get where you want to be a lot slower or not at all

well thats my opinion experience anyway lol. perhaps i'm guilty of all the crimes i've mentioned above. just seems to me that change comes from adapting to new stimuli, so it would behoov (sp) you to give your body new stimuli lol. and just increasing weight may not cut it and for most it wont be that long before you simply can't up the weight
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    tumblr_magdbbuvTM1rzry1fo1_500.gif
    Thread's a goner; post boobs.
  • TyFit08
    Options
    And then you have people with entirely different experiences on this site... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1057153-don-t-you-just-love-mfp-because

It's all in your perspective. If you look for the negative, you'll find the negative. If you look for the positive, you'll find the positive.

I look for both, and find both. :laugh:

I do see the positive, which is why I am still here. Though my experience has been much more positive in group forums over the main forums. But groups aren't always as active, so you have to come to the main forum for some questions. I am just pointing out the negative and my desire to see that minimized.