My FITNESS Pal, Keyword is FITNESS

Options

Replies

• skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Goodness, what an odd thread. I use this site to count calories. My exercise consists of walking the school run 2 or three times a day, carrying baby and /or toddler up and down the stairs, hefting loads of laundry about, and the odd swim. I'm loosing weight, which is why I'm here, and the fact a few people have been kind enough to friend me and be encouraging is wonderful. Respect to anyone who finds time to fit any kind of full on 'routine', whatever it may look like!
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Um... What?

I lift. I also do cardio, ride horses and pole dance.

I know where you can do all of that at the same time.

carousel-2.jpg

LOL!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

I actually mentioned this thread in the original post. But kudos for you for posting the link. It was closed by 9 am before I even replied and in 100+ posts a topic about the many strength training options and respecting other's journeys was turned into the OP hates lifting, wants to be skinnyfat and just does cardio. Before the bullies took over, there were a number of posts who agreed and welcomed my comments and actually shared their journeys. The kumbayah moment could only last but so long.

jwHQo83.gif

I don't know why this is so cool to me. Can't stop looking at it
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OMG! It's you! :love: I thought of you the other day because I saw the post of someone who's butt had gotten smaller. I happened to PM it to somebody the link so yay, I found it, I will post it here so you can see how to do it.

I didn't get a chance to read the details because I was in a big rush to go to dinner with the family when I saw it, but I just remember these awesome pictures so I PM'd my friend with them and then forgot about them until I just saw you just now because I remember you were worried about the size of your behind. Luckily they were still there.

If you click the link you'll see it seems like she slimmed down considerably in the hips and glutes area as well as her waist. Maybe you could PM her to ask how she did it since as I said I don't even remember if she wrote her methods on her description or not.

SOrry this message is so sloppy i'm running out the door again to go out to dinner. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1053862-look-15-pounds-lighter-in-2-easy-steps-eat-and-lift?hl=eat+and+lift+
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Im sorry all i can hear is rick james...GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
  • GnosisGnosis
    GnosisGnosis Posts: 148
    Options
    I agree with OP. Lifting heavy is too damn hard. Aint nobody got time for dat.
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options

I actually mentioned this thread in the original post. But kudos for you for posting the link. It was closed by 9 am before I even replied and in 100+ posts a topic about the many strength training options and respecting other's journeys was turned into the OP hates lifting, wants to be skinnyfat and just does cardio. Before the bullies took over, there were a number of posts who agreed and welcomed my comments and actually shared their journeys. The kumbayah moment could only last but so long.

jwHQo83.gif

I think it's because the speed, its hypnotic.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    So I guess being a bully is condoned because it is an internet forum, but calling bullies out, you just have to let it go. Well just like some of you make it your business to comment and take over posts that say anything other than lifting heavy is the holy braille, I will make it my business to come at you when you criticize, attack and demean. The reason why this group is so loud and so dominant, is because they never learned basic respect. I guess I could say who cares and just do me, but whenever I do post to encourage respect and understanding, I get countless personal messages and friend requests from people who find the atmosphere in the forums uncomfortable, because a small group would rather bully than inform, rather insult than educate, rather demean than support. So no, no one gets a pass for bad behavior, even if it is online
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the people who you claim push lifting on everyone, why do you create threads trying to pick a fight with them?

I haven't seen anyone post a topic saying "hey lady who doesn't want to lift heavy, you HAVE to lift heavy!" but I've seen 3 from you, 2 today, trying to pick fights with people who share their experiences with heavy lifting and body recomposition.

Really, who's instigating here? None of the people you claim to be calling out would even know how you exercise if you weren't trying to pick this fight again.

Besides, I don't see anyone shoving lifting down anyone's throat. I see lots of people suggesting it as an ADDITION to other diet and exercise.

What is wrong with suggesting weight training? There are plenty of people on this site touting the benefits of running. Are they also shoving running down peoples' throats? No, of course not. It's all advice.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Stellar example of how people being raised to think everyone is a special snowflake creates over sensitivity. Disagreement shouldn't equal butthurt.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    So I guess being a bully is condoned because it is an internet forum, but calling bullies out, you just have to let it go. Well just like some of you make it your business to comment and take over posts that say anything other than lifting heavy is the holy braille, I will make it my business to come at you when you criticize, attack and demean. The reason why this group is so loud and so dominant, is because they never learned basic respect. I guess I could say who cares and just do me, but whenever I do post to encourage respect and understanding, I get countless personal messages and friend requests from people who find the atmosphere in the forums uncomfortable, because a small group would rather bully than inform, rather insult than educate, rather demean than support. So no, no one gets a pass for bad behavior, even if it is online

Grail, the word is Holy Grail. Braille is how blind people read :flowerforyou:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options

jwHQo83.gif

I think it's because the speed, its hypnotic.

Yup I think that's it
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

First of all, I don't think "bullying" applies. Sometimes people will disagree, and that's okay. That is often the basis for a discussion, so people can learn. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I don't see people telling people NOT to do other workouts when they recommend strength training - just that it is a good way to achieve results.

Second, it is the "holy grail". The expression exists because it has never been found, despite many attempts to locate its whereabouts.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

Nonsense. You are clearly not out for information or to "protect" people from the big bad MFP lifting meanies. You're just trying to get more attention. All you've done is post numerous times the exact same misinformed arguments and instead of engaging in a meaningful conversation, you've disappeared and started all over again at least three times. You've also been asked for and failed to produce a single example of someone being "bullied" on here by the people you seem to despise. If you see someone being ridiculed, name-called, etc., report it. Disagreement does not bullying make.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    behold, the Holy Braille

wduW9gW.jpg?1
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

What "group" are you referring to?

I scrolled through the original post that started all of this (I'm assuming). I saw people giving you legitimate answers to your question. Just because you don't like/agree with an answer doesn't mean it's not the right one. If you would have asked "what's the best way to learn how to run faster?" and everyone said Stronglifts, then I would understand your frustration. But you didn't...You asked about squats specifically. What exactly did you expect to here?
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    behold, the Holy Braille

wduW9gW.jpg?1

Ha!!!!
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    This thread is a lot less fun than the other flamewar/troll/butthurt threads from today. Where's the passion? Where's the misunderstood sarcasm? Where's the popcorn?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    behold, the Holy Braille

wduW9gW.jpg?1

Oh my god, I can't stop laughing!!! :laugh:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    This thread is a lot less fun than the other flamewar/troll/butthurt threads from today. Where's the passion? Where's the misunderstood sarcasm? Where's the popcorn?

Right here!!
    scary_popcorn.gif