My FITNESS Pal, Keyword is FITNESS

Options

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Again!? You have got to be kidding me! Let it go lady!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    dAUPUYQ.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...to read later...

...because persistent.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Guy. Please move on.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Dear OP

What do you care about what other people think ?

Let them be.

You take the path that makes you happy. If it works for you, go ahead and be happy

Good luck in your journey

I care because I believe we should all push to be our best selves. I have some family and friends who are struggling with weight and before I can recommend MFP, I have to give a warning about the forums. BTW, there is a group of people who might attack, criticize or demean you if you say the opposite of this. I have to tell them before I can recommend this site, because I know that this behavior can be discouraging and far from supportive. You don't have to sugarcoat or tip toe around people, but on a fitness site we may not all take the same journey, but we are all trying to reach OUR fitness goals. There is room for all of us here.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    bs_zpsc4b7d1d2.jpg

The horse is far from dead, because the idea of respecting everyone' fitness journey is something a SMALL but VOCAL group won't do. In my previous post, somehow saying that lifting heavy is ONE of MANY options was turned into do cardio only, don't lift a thing, be skinny fat and screw muscles. To a certain population on MFP, if you say you are doing anything other than lifting heavy, then you are wasting your time. I have read posts that said bodyweight squats are pointless, metabolic resistance training can't replace traditional lifting in a routine and posters imply that anyone who doesn't lift heavy and do low reps must be using Barbie weights. Again, this is NOT ALL members. Many do get that this is site is about providing support for fitness goals. But some see their fitness goals as the only goal anyone should have. That in my opinion is wrong.

I do not come to this site for "support for fitness goals." I have learned a tremendous amount from the people that are regularly called bullies, disrespectful, etc. why? Because they do not sugar coat things and hand hugs and kisses to everyone.... And as I said earlier......disagreement gets mistaken for disrespect more times than not.......hence threads like this one.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me or anyone else. But that is the problem, if I or someone else say they disagree, here comes the bullies. I know you say they have helped you, but seriously some of them go into attack mode if someone types an opinion that differs from their own. You don't have to bully anyone to make your point and you don't have to bully anyone to get them to change their mind. You can present your point of view and if that person is going to do it, they are going to do it. But that group of bullies goes way beyond that. Disagreement is totally appropriate in a forum like this. The disrespect comes when you can't agree to disagree.

Well then........ Agree to disagree.......move on
    /thread
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    Oh my god
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Um... What?

I lift. I also do cardio, ride horses and pole dance.

I know where you can do all of that at the same time.

carousel-2.jpg
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Seriously, will you just get over it? This is your THIRD damn post covering the SAME topic.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I could give a rats *kitten* what you do...

From a fitness standpoint, any fitness regimen worth it's salt is going to have aspects of both cardio and resistance work. You really can't be a truly fit individual without both.

You don't care about what routine is, I respect that. I do agree that a fitness routine should be both cardio and resistance work. I just think some MFPers criticize anyone who doesn't do certain resistance routines or push the same routines regardless of that person's goals. I wish everyone would agree with your statement about fitness regimens and then there would be a lot less judgment.

Holy crap are you serious? Why don't you send private messages to the people that you're whining about, or report them, rather than start thread after thread complaining about free advice on the Internet? Jesus!
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Strong opinions are part and parcel of any forum like this one. If someone says that cardio is the best thing, the lifters will be there to say different and if someone says that lifting is the only way forward then the cardio folks will get bent out of shape.

Then there is the eating clean thread and the 1200 cal thread all of which will result in posts that can run for pages.

If someone says that a good routine for a mid range overweight person is to lift in order to retain muscle, do some cardio to burn calories, all combined with a good balanced diet at a reasonable calorie deficit there is likely to be a much less vocal response. (I'm inclined to think this kinda works by the way!!)

This would be the most respectful way to add to this forum's content but how much would you actually be adding. The 'fights' and strong opinions are often educational and people can take what they want from them. I say, bring it on, be passionate, we all have the right to our opinion and we all have the right for it to be wrong!!!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

From a fitness standpoint, any fitness regimen worth it's salt is going to have aspects of both cardio and resistance work. You really can't be a truly fit individual without both.

You don't care about what routine is, I respect that. I do agree that a fitness routine should be both cardio and resistance work. I just think some MFPers criticize anyone who doesn't do certain resistance routines or push the same routines regardless of that person's goals. I wish everyone would agree with your statement about fitness regimens and then there would be a lot less judgment.

Holy crap are you serious? Why don't you send private messages to the people that you're whining about, or report them, rather than start thread after thread complaining about free advice on the Internet? Jesus!

I feel like its old english time again.

You have smited me for the last time ye vixen. I challenge thee to a duel!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8EfvZq7NB2_48fpBmsp59Jy-E4okrKO0OGV1COzt2X6BYnaX8
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

I feel like its old english time again.

You have smited me for the last time ye vixen. I challenge thee to a duel!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8EfvZq7NB2_48fpBmsp59Jy-E4okrKO0OGV1COzt2X6BYnaX8

Hm. Good call. Will have to put something together.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    Um... What?

I lift. I also do cardio, ride horses and pole dance.

I know where you can do all of that at the same time.

carousel-2.jpg

Ha!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Why do these whiney posts persist?

Make it stop. MAKE IT STOP.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You should give your family and friends a little credit.

They can probably figure things out like you obviously have.

:flowerforyou:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    20751.gif
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Bleh, I don't give a monkey's banana fart what anyone else thinks of what I am doing.
    I have my fingers in lots of pies. I am doing boxing, some weights work, abs and core, walking, biking, running, elliptical, rowing and would love to add some martial arts in there too.
    I think the best workout regimen is the one that keeps you interested and that covers a decent range of fitness.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    20751.gif

*Snort*
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

Thank you for pointing out the keyword is FITNESS. Since I'm only using this site to track my food intake, and not FITNESS, I will be sure to deactivate my account forthwith.

Huggles,
    Zyxst