7/4 3.26

Total 10.53

On the menu for July 4 neighborhood barbecue:
    LauLau 1/4: 80 calories
    Chicken thigh 4 oz: 279 calories
    Fried rice 1/8 cup: 80 calories
    White pineapple: 40gm 22 calories
    Chicken Long rice: 1/2cup 120 calories
    a glass...a couple glasses....some glasses of wine: who caresh....
    not a hot dog to be seen....priceless. (tho I wouldn't have turned my nose up at a beer-and-onion bathed bratwurst with spicy mustard....

Ticker is my goal for 2017 and progress to date:
    exercise.png

Steve says: "Wear your sunblock and join our virtual run!"
    lnpq02o9g4cx.jpg

upcoming races:
    Fun in the Sun Virtual 10k 6/28/17
    Race to Cure Sarcoma Month of July
    Volcano Rainforest Runs 10k 8/19
    BlockThe Sun Run 5k Oct 14 (https://walk.aimatmelanoma.org/Hilo2017) (physical and virtual options available)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp Cool pictures, but are you committing one of the deadly sins of running and... dare I say it... CLENCHING YOUR FISTS? :lol:

lol. That's the first thing I noticed too!!! That and the fact that it looked damn hot!!!!!! Great job on the run though @MobyCarp - yet another age group win, you are UNSTOPPABLE!!!!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    After taking the scissors to my Mizuno's, I am pleased to report that they no longer threaten my toenails. They feel wierd AF to wear with my toes hanging out, but I am confident that a little more crafting can improve them even more. I plan to add a slightly larger patch to each toe than the fabric I cut out - I just haven't decided if I want to use a wildly contrasting fabric, or try to disguise the fact that I'm modifying my shoes.

exercise.png

7/1 - 3.4 miles
    7/2 - 4 miles
    7/3 - 7 miles
    7/4 - 4.25 miles

pictures. Feed the shoe envy....
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    2.9 elliptical miles zone 1 and 2 23.4 for month. Amazing how much work it is to stay in the low zones. You can tell your still getting a good workout even if you're not tearing it up.
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Original plan was to do 12.6k today and 6.3k tomorrow, but had a niggle in my right calf. In the end I decided to just do 6.3k at an extremely slow pace, (right at the slow end of my long run pace), and stay local by doing laps of park so could stop if it got worse.

My calf eased up as I continued, but was never 100%. My distance was about 0.5km longer than logged as I stopped the timer at the shop, but jogged home from there to keep the muscles warm so I could give my calf a quick foam roll when I got home.

Think I'll plan the same for tomorrow, and scrap my 12k run this week so that don't make things worse before Sunday's HM.

exercise.png

1-July: 11.51km - easy 6.5k; HM pace last 5k
    2-July: 19.26km - easy(-ish)
    3-July: 12.84km - MP-easy
    4-July: 6.51km - Very easy

Upcoming Races:
    9-July: Southend HM
    ?? 22-Oct: Chelmsford Marathon ?? [Undecided]
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options

Main goal is to survive the Eugene Curnow Trail marathon and get more time on feet.
    Nominal mileage goal: Let's say 100? Maybe I'll be a @PastorVincent and set my goal at the end of the month

7/1- 11
    7/2- REST/Family day
    7/3- REST/Family Day
    7/4- 6
    7/5- 5

Total: 22

Today's notes. First road running workout since my marathon. Got in 5 miles this morning. Ran a mile to a small hill near home that's a 0.25 mile run one way, then did 6 repeats on the hill and ran a mile home. I averaged 8:43 on the uphills and 9:44 overall for the run. Pace/effort control was better on this run. Despite running the repeats pretty hard, my average HR ended up at 155, which is the top of E, but still in E.

Have a runderful day all!

2017 Races Scheduled
    6/16- William A Irvin 5k
    6/17- Grandma's Marathon 4:24:06
    7/15- Eugene Curnow Trail Marathon
    8/19- Rampage at the Ridge 5k OCR
    9/23- Ely Marathon (full)
    10/21 Wild Duluth 50k
    11/23- TBD 5k Turkey Trot
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Hope all my American friends had a wonderful 4th. It's ten years since I moved to the States, and the 4th celebrations were very special yesterday became I became a US citizen last year.

Hey, cool! Welcome to the country!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @garygse - fortunately, you can likely still buy some easily at your local supermarket and fix that shortfalling.
  • SpiritHippo
    SpiritHippo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent yuck! *Northerners* ketchup? I had 3 dogs yesterday with chili, cheese, onion and mustard. Mmmmm! :smiley:

I have lived in the West, and in the South, and in East, the North... everywhere I go people eat hotdogs with ketchup.. so not a northern USA thing at all. Unlike say Pork Roll, which is a very much North East thing. :)

Never put ketchup on a hot dog in Chicago unless you have a death wish.

I had my first Chicago Hot Dog this weekend! There is definitely a wow factor. I have to say, I did like having a full pickle and hot dog in the same bun, but I got one bite with all hot ('sport') pepper and that threw me off. Those Chicago dogs are not to be messed with!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @MobyCarp Cool pictures, but are you committing one of the deadly sins of running and... dare I say it... CLENCHING YOUR FISTS? :lol:

OMG! My average cadence wasn't 180, it was 190! And my average HR was only 149, with max 163; I'm supposed to push harder than that for a race! Guess I'm not cut out to be a runner, after all. ;)

No, just means you need to train harder and fix your horrible short comings! :lol:
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »

OMG! My average cadence wasn't 180, it was 190! And my average HR was only 149, with max 163; I'm supposed to push harder than that for a race! Guess I'm not cut out to be a runner, after all. ;)

Solid burn...lol
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »
    Back after a long break. I got discouraged but have realized I enjoy running, so I shouldn't care if I'm as slow as molasses. Better to be doing something slowly than doing nothing. I'll aim for 75 km this month.
    Good job sticking to what you enjoy! I am a slow runner also but I don't care, as long as I can run everything is fine. Running lifts my mood and gives a feeling of accomplishment. So happy running to you and let's reach our goal this month!! :)

Goal: 100 km
    Ran: 7/100 km

5/7/17 Run 7 km
    4/7/17 SL + Walk 15 km
    3/7/17 Walk 10 km

SL~Strong Lift

Thanks! Yes, I need to be grateful I enjoy being active. Let's have a great month. Happy running to you as well!