WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th all, All is well at my house, fireworks (safe and sane) are legal in my town, which of course means that it is easier to have the illegal ones and not get caught-- so it's pretty loud, and Levi is a bit concerned.

I'm holding my own weight wise, I still have more I would like to release but just not finding the commitment. But no gaining so that is a win. I've re-worked my work schedule and hope that as I stick with it that it will free up some time, I have consolidated some things so I am gardening for longer days but less of them, which cuts down on the commuting and means I have bigger chunks of time to devote to the embroidery.

Barbie - thank you for keeping us going, and I am so glad that things are working out for you and Jake.

Allie - proud of you! the condo looks great

Lisa - thinking of you.

Kim in N. California
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    June accomplishments ... :)

2017 Monthly June
    Walking Distance (km): 69.0
    Walking Time (min): 862.5
    Cycling Distance (km): 506.7
    Cycling Time (min): 1600.1
    Stairs Climbed Number: 63.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 50.4

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 575.7
    Total Distance (miles): 357.7
    Total Time (min): 2513.0
    Total Time (hr): 41:53:00

As for July ... we already met our main goals on July 1, but we will have to focus on keeping up the distance and I will need to do some weights and core work. Plus returning to work and university, of course.

M in OZ (soon)

July 2015: 230.7 km (143.35 miles) = 32 hours 45 min
    July 2016: 709 km (440.5 miles) = 60 hours 41 minutes

July 2017 ... hopefully somewhere in between my two previous quantities of exercise for July :)

July 1 - 161.5 km cycling (510 min) + 0.5 km walking (6 min). This was a 150 km event put on by the BC Randonneurs to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday. :) Plus a bit extra.

July 2 - 3 km walking (35 min)

July 3 - 3.5 km walking (43.75 min) + 20.00 km cycling (63.16 min)

2017 Monthly July
    Walking Distance (km): 7.0
    Walking Time (min): 87.5
    Cycling Distance (km): 181.5
    Cycling Time (min): 573.2

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 188.5
    Total Distance (miles): 117.1
    Total Time (min): 660.7
    Total Time (hr): 11:00:39

And another good ride today ... 28.3 km! I will miss this lovely summer weather when we go back to cold and snowy Tasmania.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michele, would the creeping type of flowers grow on and over your rocks. I would imagine it might take a couple of years..

One electrical problem we have is that several of our plugs fall out. So,e of them it is quickly and others are more gradual. MIchelle has a week planned off work to help us with some home projects. I hope we can replace a plug in by ourselves. The most irritating one is the one the DirectV genie is plugged into. If it gets unplugged, such as the kitten running, satellite is gone until we get it plugged back in and it gets satellite again. So if you are recording a movie, you lose minutes. But painting Charlies room comes first.

Joyce, imfiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    LENORA glad you got electrics sorted. DH is a qualified electrician so I have lots of plugs and sockets everywhere, in the kitchen there are at least 6 double sockets.

I love fireworks, never set any off myself but love the large displays. That's one of things I like about my Spanish breaks, they do wonderful displays

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I am awake, but didn't sleep well had severe stomach cramps alot last night and was up to the restroom quite a bit..
    working 9-6 today and have tomorrow off.. oil change early and then off to see the condo.. will try and video or take pictures .. I am waiting for the ball to drop Elena will get served either today,thurs,or friday.. and then all bets are off as to how he will treat me then..but I will soldier along calmly ..I think his attorney has until the 11th to counter divorce proceedings..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Last night I tried to make bread in the Instant Pot. Fail. :'( But I was able to rescue it and finish it in the oven. Delicious!!! Half wholemeal, half granary.
    This morning I've made a fabulous black bean soup with smoked gammon. (Raw ham) Just had it with the bread. :D
    Docking myself 350 calories in all. Loads for another day. :) My poor freezer is already groaning.

Making our own blackcurrant jam this afternoon. Neither of us eat much jam, so 4 pots will last us ages. Fun though!

DH is still not up to par. :(

Warm here today. Not really jam making weather. :o

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    michelle I followed your directions for cutting the lemon squares, Worked like a charm. The one thing I did differently, almond flour for the pastry, meh! I like it better with white flour but hey, it wasn't inedible, just gluten free :p

Had a peaceful 4th, even took a nap outside on the chaise lounge chair, what a delight.

Take care everyone! NYKAREN
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    July goals
    - 120 miles
    - 15 days over 10,000 steps
    - water, water, water
    - refinish dresser and cupboard.
    - paint new cupboard
    - get my craft room back together

I think it important to not only set goals for our exercise, but also for our projects. My refinishing projects have been waiting way to long and it is time to get them done.

July 1 - 3.09 miles
    July 2 - 3.53 miles
    July 3 - 5.71 miles - 12569 steps (1/15)
    July 4 - 3.98 miles

Very hot out yesterday so I stayed inside, laundry, cleaning out files and shelves in my home office. Lots of trips up and down stairs. My cold is not getting any better! Grandkids coming this morning, Aiden has one more day of antibiotics and nebulizer. Not sure were everyone picked up this virus!

Off to refill coffee cup and get ready for the day.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    it took 12 years for bullwinkle to tell me she doesn't like fireworks... all the other years? couldn't care less, snored thru it all :0(
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    The sun kissed me yesterday! Aaack! But had s nice day, the firehouse serving free hamburger's and hotdogs, looking at the classic car show, and clapping for the parade down Main Street. I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th.
    Becca
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Anybody have any "blahs" busters? I could use a couple of motivators today.

<3

Karen in Virginia
  • lizzieracer
    lizzieracer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel very down today. I recorded everything I ate and did lots of walking so I thought I would have lost something!! Alas the scale is at the EXACT number as last week. I know it will move eventually but sure is discouraging. The sun is shining so I will be out doing my steps as usual but not with much bounce.
    I now I just have to keep on trucking. :)smile:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    459830qyqjkq81to.gif
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Heather- Thanks for the book suggestion! Love books and info about brains! Congrats on your new numbers! Go 139!