WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Had my usual every 6 week hair cut today. It is the same style I have had for many years. I don't know if I sabataged myself but I reminded Tina that she has had that same price list up since she was able to open a shop in her own home which has been 12 years.. I have noticed that when my hair is wet that it is looking thinner and thinner.

Mr Mozart was a holy terror today when he woke up but this afternoon. It's like something has been turned off. Tomorrow is the day he is declawed. Since they both eat each other's food, especially at night, I will have to remove both cats food at 10 PM.

We had our house built in 1978 so I would think that all outlets are on the studs. Our most troubling outlet, the one that the DirectV is plugged into is covered with pillows and then my exercise bike in front of it and it hasn't gotten turned off by the kitten since I did that. Sometimes he does get back behind the tv and steps on the power strip and turns it off. I think there are some power strips that have the on/off button on he side. Charlie has that tight billfold so it may be hard for him to get one. Sometimes I go shopping without him and info just 'appear' and he never knows where they come from or the cost.

Today our Essentials orders came from United Health Care AARP. Mr Mozart is enjoying the boxes. The only box I had for him before was a Kleenex box with a top opening and he never tried to get in it. I did like to put his mouse or a small wad of paper in it and have him try to get it out. Sometimes he would put the paper back in it.

Kelly, when my grand kids were younger, my daughter would make sure that the speaker phone was on when she called. That way I got to hear my girls all the time. She face times me and send me videos. Now that the girls are older, it doesn't bother me as much but I did miss them when they were babies.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Heather – I got a “boat load” of apricots so I’m eating them, sharing them and I made apricot jam, apricot chipotle sauce and canned apricot halves - Like you I don’t eat much jam but love to give it, I bring it as a hostess gift… I remember your DH does stewed fruits for dessert, just clean and steam in a small amount of water??? Stewed fruit is not something I’ve had, but sounds like a perfect way to have a sweet without any? Much – added sugar.

Pip – I wonder if Bullwinkle’s hearing is changing and she is more sensitive?

Barbie – looks great!

Allie – hang in!

So on my walk with Levi this morning I tripped over nothing and fell. I landed hard on my face, had my hands full and did not catch myself, so bit my lip and scraped them good on the concrete…. I’m swollen and very very sore, but am icing – which is pretty funny as I am swollen inside and outside of my mouth, so have a bowl of ice water and just hold my chin to just under my nose in the water – it is better already, but looks awful – looks like I was in a boxing ring and lost. Soft food is my diet for a day or two. But I have been good – a milk shake was calling my name, and I did not have one! I had yogurt and small diced up fruit instead.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

**wahoo hrm not recording right all the time :0/ **

bike ride hm 2 gym- 10.45min. 148mhr, 16.3mph, 2.9mi = 109c
    apple watch- 93c
    SPIN CLASS- 41min, 86ar, 86aw, 10-12g, 151mhr, 17.3mi = 314c
    apple watch- 328c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.44min, 12.5amph, 124mhr. 1.4mi = 58c
    apple watch- 47c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.32min, 12.5amph, 149mhr, 3mi = 150c
    apple watch- 122c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.09min, 10.05min mi, 172mhr, .5mi = 68c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.46min, 10.30min mi, 165mhr, .4mi = 72c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.19min, 9amph, 157mhr, 2.6mi = 201c
    apple watch- 157c

total cal - 972
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Oh Kim, so sorry to hear of your fall and injury, hope you heal up quickly, yikes that really sounds painful.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Rori - is your hair up in that pic? For that matter, is that you? Really like it. For whatever reason, I was thinking that Mars was black.

Michele in NC

Yep, that's me with my mane in a hat. Mars is tan in winter, and then turns 'blond' in the summer.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Some body asked for a Blah Buster. This was mine today. I hope it works!

https://www.facebook.com/DonP/videos/1462801600451470/
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    who knows about Bullwinkle's hearing.. it's selective...
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »

So on my walk with Levi this morning I tripped over nothing and fell. I landed hard on my face, had my hands full and did not catch myself, so bit my lip and scraped them good on the concrete…. I’m swollen and very very sore, but am icing – which is pretty funny as I am swollen inside and outside of my mouth, so have a bowl of ice water and just hold my chin to just under my nose in the water – it is better already, but looks awful – looks like I was in a boxing ring and lost. Soft food is my diet for a day or two. But I have been good – a milk shake was calling my name, and I did not have one! I had yogurt and small diced up fruit instead.

Smiles

Kim from N. California

Kim: Ouch! Sorry about your owweee. I strongly recommend arnica, topical ointment and the homeopathic pills. Really speeds up the healing of bumps and bruises. Should be in your local vitamin and/or health food store, or message me if you can't find it. Take care.

Rori

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Rori,
    Good idea on the Arnica, right now I'm doing mostly ice, but tomorrow I'll pick some up. I have used Arnica before but don't have any in the house right now.

kim
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    LANETTE - Rosie is so gorgeous, I'm cuddling her virtually

Thought these pics would cheer everyone up

dhdlo9y0kh6e.jpeg
    72qiowxhzu7j.jpeg
    9ehnjoa2a2e6.jpeg

Welcome new gals

Kate UK <3

I have a picture too in my favorites!
    yae884i9ipl7.jpg
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
  • rparkerslim
    rparkerslim Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    cityjaneLondon what is an instapot?
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Kate love the umbrella pictures.

Sue I find I need to make it to the Y before 9 in the summer because of lessons. It is more peaceful at that time.

Kim hope you heal quick.

We did go to see the State Capitol today. It truly is a work of art. Case Gilbert was the architect and they tried to stay close to his original designs.

I looked up instapot it said it was an updated pressure cooker. Is that correct? They are supposed to have more safety features then the old ones that could seriously hurt you if not used correctly.

:heart: Margaret
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of the deep water today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cathe Muscle Max DVD.

Congrats to all those who have lost. I can tell you where the weight went!

Allie - I have to agree with the others, stop being so caring. You're going to get screwed...big time. Discuss this with your lawyer, see if she thinks you should be dipping into your savings to be paying those bills. At the very least, don't do anything until you talk to your lawyer.

Joyce - it really doesn't matter how long it would take a creeping flower to grow around the pool area, Vince doesn't want any kind of flower that would come off and go in the pool. In a sense I can understand, the petals would just get in the filter.

Vince isn't an electrician, but his father was an EE and he went to MIT for Electrical Engineering (before he got his degree in accounting), so he knows a lot about electricity. As a matter of fact, when we were having the pool built, there was a problem witht he electrical. He told the electrician what the problem was and what needed to be done. The electrician wanted him to do it, but he felt that since this was an on-going building, he shouldn't. But he diagnosed the problem and the electrician couldn't!

Re - so glad you are with us. Now I know who I am every day. Thanks. I never count the calories burned. MFP way overestimates and the numbers on machines aren't accurate. It gives me the same calorie burn when I do HIIT as when I'm just using the elliptical, and I know that I burn more calories doing HIIT.

Exercised, went to the Salvation Army but didn't see anything, went to WalMart for Loki's prescription, home and in the pool, then Aldi where I stocked up on fruit and a few other things, had dinner then ceramics then we went to spend time with bob. One of his sons left today but the other son will be here for a few more days.

NYKaren - I'm glad cutting the lemon squares worked for you.

My eyes were REALLY burning at Bob's so when we got home Vince let me use these eye drops that are supposed to take the red out and relieve the burning. They're working.

Heather and Bear Lady - congrats on the weight!

Lynne - welcome!

Lanette - Rosie is adorable! So glad you had such a good experience with the groomer

Kate UK - thanks for the smile

Made an appt to get my haircut. She had openings next week, but I won't be here. So I made the appt for when I get back. Wish we had been able to get it cut before I left

Kim - I'm so very sorry you fell, but glad it wasn't something real serious

barbie - ahhhh...the memories. But you didn't get as much as we did, you lucky duck. It'll look so nice when it's done.

Michele in NC
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Lenora - it's The Menger Hotel. I believe it's the oldest continuously operating hotel west of the Mississippi River. I've stayed there before and enjoyed the atmosphere.

I've stayed in another hotel there - I don't think it was the Menger - but I fell in love with the hotel. The bathroom had the perfect tub for long soaks with a book. Perfect sloped back Wide Mexican tiled ledges for my wine glass. Turn down service with the softest fluffy robe. I didn't want to leave.

--Ginger in Texas
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    July 1 - 161.5 km cycling (510 min) + 0.5 km walking (6 min). This was a 150 km event put on by the BC Randonneurs to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday. :) Plus a bit extra.

July 2 - 3 km walking (35 min)

July 3 - 3.5 km walking (43.75 min) + 20.00 km cycling (63.16 min)

July 4 - 1 km walking (12 min) + 28.3 km cycling (90 min)

July 4 - 1.5 km walking (18 min) + 33.8 km cycling (105 min)

2017 Monthly July
    Walking Distance (km): 9.5
    Walking Time (min): 118.8
    Cycling Distance (km): 243.6
    Cycling Time (min): 769.3

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 253.1
    Total Distance (miles): 157.3
    Total Time (min): 888.0
    Total Time (hr): 14:48:01
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Kim, big ouch! Hope it heals well.

I told you I got my essetnatials order today. I wanted to get a good first aide box so I ought I was ordering ace wraps since they can be reused but I got stretch gauze wrap. And I guess it can be useful. I also got some spray bandage. Have never used it before. With all the bites Charlie and I have been getting, I got some Calamine lotion and more hydrogen peroxide for when I get scratched or bit or when I just scratch and bleed. That stuff really takes the blood out of something. We used it a lot when I was a nurse.

Good night Jouce Indiana