Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I took the Master Gardener training in the 1970's and found it to be a huge asset. I still follow the principles I learned back then, but the new neighbor was appointed garden "master" in our townhouse development by the President of the HOA. She is a self-taught expert on everything and highly opinionated but she is NOT a trained Master Gardener. I called our county extension office to make sure I had my facts straight. My position on the mulch issue was correct. It should be done I & I did all of my own flower beds. I've decided to go through the training again, and it will be offered next January or February right here in town. I'll invite her to go with me, but I doubt she will do it. :ohwell:

Barbie: I am a piker compared to you. I got three bales of bark mulch from Walmart and did the beds next to my house. :wink:

My flowerbeds are protected by bark mulch and I feel like I've accomplished something worthwhile. My next step is to sit on the deck with DH and enjoy the day.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lanette: I took the Master Gardener training in the 1970's and found it to be a huge asset. I still follow the principles I learned back then, but the new neighbor was appointed garden "master" in our townhouse development by the President of the HOA. She is a self-taught expert on everything and highly opinionated but she is NOT a trained Master Gardener. I called our county extension office to make sure I had my facts straight. My position on the mulch issue was correct. It should be done I & I did all of my own flower beds. I've decided to go through the training again, and it will be offered next January or February right here in town. I'll invite her to go with me, but I doubt she will do it. :ohwell:

Barbie: I am a piker compared to you. I got three bales of bark mulch from Walmart and did the beds next to my house. :wink:

My flowerbeds are protected by bark mulch and I feel like I've accomplished something worthwhile. My next step is to sit on the deck with DH and enjoy the day.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

Katla
    - that's great you'll be signing up fort the Master Gardener training again! Yes, what we learn there lasts a lifetime.

You and DH can sit and admire your handiwork on this nice cool(ish) day!

Lanette
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    I am home and hanging out...I was just perusing the condo situation here in town, and low and behold, found the cutest little one with a small patio less than a 1/4 mile from work.. but only thing is I cant buy it until after the divorce, right now someone is renting it, will find out the peticulars, gonna go check it out thursday.. 1 bed one bath little patio will look for the MLS number so that you can all check it out.. Now I will not gt my hopes up and I will again put it in Gods hands, and if I am to get this condo, then it will happen... gonna relax and watch a bit of t.v. and then go to sleep..
    Ct MLS# G10215991 give me your opinions please... wont have as much furniture and will paint
  • rparkerslim
    rparkerslim Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    July Goals:

1. Log everything even when I overeat
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    3. Get more sleep
    4. Take fiber 3 times day (per doc ord).
    5. Eat more protein
    6. Rejoin Wellness Ctr exercise at least 2 wk
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    I am home and hanging out...I was just perusing the condo situation here in town, and low and behold, found the cutest little one with a small patio less than a 1/4 mile from work.. but only thing is I cant buy it until after the divorce, right now someone is renting it, will find out the peticulars, gonna go check it out thursday.. 1 bed one bath little patio will look for the MLS number so that you can all check it out.. Now I will not gt my hopes up and I will again put it in Gods hands, and if I am to get this condo, then it will happen... gonna relax and watch a bit of t.v. and then go to sleep..
    Ct MLS# G10215991 give me your opinions please... wont have as much furniture and will paint

What is the town Allie, I can't find it thru the MLS number.

Chris in MA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Chris in MA. Portland,CT..
    Barbie~ how wonderful for you and Jake.. was keeping you both in my prayers
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Barbie ~ Hugs....Glad you can now be in a better place. My DH left me for over 6 mos after I had a complete hysterectomy that left me with no estrogen. I went crazy, but, we finally got over it.

Carol
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Wonderful news. ;)<3o:) Spirit moves in amazing ways.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~

That is super, super cute! Love the idea it's an end unit and 55+ community. Neat workout room and neat patio. If this isn't the one you are destined to end up with, I'm sure there are more like it. Very encouraging to see all the options!

(((HUGS))))

Lanette
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Barbie, that is wonderful news. I admire your strength and wisdom throughout this and I'm so glad Jake took the advise of his advisors. Hopefully he has come to peace and the both of you can move forward to enjoy your lives together.

Allie, I found it and it is lovely. I can see what you mean about the furniture, a bit stodgy for you. I do like the paint colors though, but that is my personal taste. It has a 24 hour gym!! And the patio is just lovely.
    No matter where you wind up, it will be the right place for you. You mental place may be more important than your physical place. As much as the future may scare you, remember that you will be your own woman, and can do and live however you please. You do not have to compromise your tastes and wants for anyone else but yourself. I've been there, and once the shock wore off, I relished not having to be accountable to anyone but myself. We are all behind you.

I ignored the heat yesterday and baked 2 batches of lemon squares to take to the 2 gatherings I am invited to tomorrow, after I go to work. When I cut them up tonight to get ready for transport,they would not cooperate at all. They did not cut properly and mushed up. I resorted to trimming them to make them presentable and they are not lovely squares at all. I wound up eating a fair share of the trimmed bits, tasted great, looked awful. I think it's the heat. Ate far too much sugar tonight. Have to go exercise some of it off.

Love and hugs to everyone.
    Chris in MA
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Tere - That yellow watermelon is making my mouth water. I just picked up a bag of my all time favorite - Ranier cherries. I love all the fresh fruit in the Summer.

Mia in MI
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Tere ... I don't think I've ever had yellow watermelon ... how does it taste compared to traditional red watermelon?

Allie ... the condo is great! Glad to see there are good options in your area!

Barbie ... I'm glad to hear that all is well in your home. Jake made a wise decision!

Beth near Buffalo
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Allie, that unit is adorable. You could host all of us in the meeting room!

Barbie, as usual you are such a wise woman. So glad you gave your husband time to sort things out.

Ok, got a cat question for you ladies. Can cats get jealous or depressed? For the second night, Melody has holed up under my bed for hours. Mr Mozart can really be irritating to her at times and she really hasn't done that much to let him know how she feels except growl at him which I never heard that sound come out of her ever until he came to our household. Any advice?

Joyce indiana
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

:)Machka, I have done several challenges (steps, planks, squats) but not any more because I want to cut back on time at the computer. I still log all my exercise and challenge myself to do more but not as part of MFP challenge. The challenges helped me develop the habit of doing more and more exercise and staying focused.

I have all my exercise data in spreadsheets and on Strava so I can just copy and paste it into the challenges here and also onto a cycling forum I participate in. Quick and easy that way. :)

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Beth when my knee was at its worst I found favoring my water and anything else I could think of with ginger helped too! hope it heals quick for you.

I had a scare today. One of our outside GFI's got wet today and you could hear it hissing and then black smoke came out of it. Instead of popping off the wires inside it had started to arc. We got the circuit breaker off. For some reason the circuit breaker also did not automatically pop off. DH already replaced the GFI and its housing and got one which was more water proof. Now the one in the front will need to be replaced. It is similar to the one that started to catch on fire. Fortunately we caught it before it became more serious.

:heart: Margaret

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

**wahoo hrm not recording right all the time :0/ **

bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.22min. 129mhr, 14.2mph, 2.9mi = 110c
    apple watch- 97c
    SPIN CLASS- 41min, 86ar, 86aw, 10-12g, 150mhr, 17.3mi = 283c
    apple watch- 309c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.23min, 13.2amph, 140mhr. 1.4mi = 63c
    apple watch- 39c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.17min, 10.16min mi, 149mhr, .5mi = 61c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.47min, 10.39min mi, 144mhr, .4mi = 62c
    apple watch- 51c
    bike ride dome 2 hm-, up Mst- 15.39min, 9.3amph, 161mhr, 131ahr, 2.4mi = 155c
    apple watch- 140c

total cal 734