What was your point of disgust?

Options

Replies

• Trinkwasser
    Trinkwasser Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When my stomach was hanging over my pants, none of my old clothes fit me...just generally felt uncomfortable being Chubby, and embarrassed all the time.
  • SpirituallyBlonde
    Options
    When i realised should my younger sister need a kidney I wouldn't be able to give her one as i was so unfit.
    That was the cherry on top for me..... i already didn't like the way I looked, it caused my depression to increase and turned into a vicious circle. So i decided to stop it and start exercising and eating better.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    When i realised should my younger sister need a kidney I wouldn't be able to give her one as i was so unfit.
    That was the cherry on top for me..... i already didn't like the way I looked, it caused my depression to increase and turned into a vicious circle. So i decided to stop it and start exercising and eating better.

I always admire those who give an organ to a loved one or a stranger! It's truly amazing!
  • Krista1894
    Krista1894 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stepping on the scale and seeing a number that I've never seen before. My boyfriend pointed out that i try to hide myself from him even though we live together and he's seen everything.
  • SpirituallyBlonde
    Options

I always admire those who give an organ to a loved one or a stranger! It's truly amazing!

Thanks - it hasn't happened yet, but i'm getting prepared just in case. She's been through heaps already so if this happened i want to be there for her.
    And hey - whats a kidney between family :wink:
  • brighton_up
    brighton_up Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Still wearing maternity clothes on my daughters 1st birthday.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I had many times I thought I hit the breaking point and then I crash dieted, over exercised. About 2 years ago I decided to just do things one baby step at a time and that's been the best method so far. Came to mfp to find out how to get ride of the last bit of weight. Success all around so far and SO FAR haven't gained back anything in those 2 years! So the habits are sticking. But times I realized I was too fat: When I was bigger than my 8 month pregnant sister. When I couldn't climb a flight of stairs without being winded. When me and my ex were the stereotypical fat Americans everyone else in our group had to wait on to catch their breath, repeatably. Not being able to fit into anything that wasn't plus size. :/
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have three drawers of jeans, and one pair that still fit... with a muffin top. And trying to find shirts that would hide what didn't fit into the jeans. Wearing hoodies at home hoping hubby wouldn't notice. Having an insane collection of bedtime attire and I hadn't even unpacked it from when we moved because I didn't want to put it on
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Then, one day in July 2015, I downloaded MFP as an app on my phone. And I discovered the bar code scanner. This is gonna sound silly, but I found it super fun!! I don't have any games on my phone, so scanning and logging became like a little game for me. And then I started losing weight....I was shocked! This was possible? For ME??

I love the idea of using the barcode scanner as a game! I keep forgetting about it and searching for my food manually :|
  • sant7012
    sant7012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just woke up one day and decided it was time. I've been battling my weight since I started having children and enough was enough. I'm still at the beginning of my journey (about a month in) but happy with the way things are going. I have a five year old child and am rapidly approaching the big 50 so something had to be done...I need to give my boy as many years with me as possible.
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    For me it was when I realized I only had two pairs of pants left that fit, could grab handfuls of belly and saw a couple of full length pictures of myself in the background. Seeing myself standing in the background it was a lot easier to accept that I'm starting to look large.

Plus both my sons have gotten excited because they thought I was pregnant.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I didn't have a moment of disgust. But I looked through my old computer pictures and found a picture of myself in a bathing suit from like 5 years ago ... I was like damn I looked good. I need to lose some weight. I'm only 20 lbs heavier now but it just all carries in the wrong places it seems.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    A guy at work died of a heart attack who couldn't have been 10 years older than me. I didn't think he was morbidly obese, he was only a bit fatter than I was. I just realized if I kept going down this track that might be me one day, dying early. I want to be around with my kids for a long, long time. And I want them to learn from me the right healthy habits so they live a long time too.
  • MamaCassK
    MamaCassK Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do pinup modeling on the side, and one of my pictures came back and you could see my gut through my dress. I also ripped a pair of pants I love from my butt getting bigger. I actually hide my body from my husband when I am getting dressed or changing clothes.
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My favourite dress was too tight
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    When I qualified for a healthcare trial and study after my csection due to my BMI. It was so devastating to my ego at the time because I was so pleased that I had gained less than 20 pounds during my pregnancy, and to have people ask and talk about my weight was a tad insulting.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    having to return a pair of size 40 jeans because i couldn't shut them. Started logging calories and dieting the very next day. I felt completely ashamed of myself.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Saw a recent photo of myself with a group, and regretted being in it because I felt like I ruined it.
  • Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have two moments that spurred active weight loss:
    • First, when I was my heaviest (195) and was terrified of the scale hitting 200. This is the first time I lost weight.
    • Second, when I gave online video games due to the time sink and decided to instead invest all that time into losing weight actively again to hit my true goal weight.