What was your point of disgust?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• acfisher88
    acfisher88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've always been overweight, but it never really bothered me through school or uni - no one said anything and I always had lots of friends. But once I began working and was even more sedentary, the weight really piled on. I tried a few fad diets but always gave up early and gained more weight back than I'd started with, and suddenly I was a UK size 22 (US 20).

I was in serious denial that everything was okay until about a month before my 29th birthday. I realised I'd be turning 30 next year, and I was quickly running out of time to do something about my weight before it got really out of hand. Signed up with a personal trainer just before my birthday in July 2017 and have lost 30lbs so far - the mechanics behind it have been so simple; it makes me so angry with myself that I didn't do this sooner.
  • shanlivestrong
    shanlivestrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've had several moments of disgust. I'm just hoping that my latest keeps me motivated. I've disliked my appearance for a long time now. I hate the way I feel when I walk, I hate how easy it is to lose breath from the slightest bit of physical exertion, how my fiancé and I barely do anything together because he loves to go out and I just want to stay hidden at home, how I'm sinking more and more into depression and that only adds to me wanting to do more of nothing. I have drawers and closets full of cute clothes I've collected over the years that I've never been able to fit because I never wanted to admit to myself that I need to buy bigger clothes. I'm down to one pair of pants that actually fit, some tights, and a pair of stockings. My skin has broken out and has lost the glow it used to have. I look older than I actually am. I feel unattractive and have lost my sex drive. Even though my fiancé claims he's still attracted to me, I don't believe him. I don't want to be around family or friends because of what they'd think. I feel like I'm not living life and I desperately want to.

All of this, combined, has been my wake up call/ moments of disgust. This is my umpteenth time on a weight loss journey but I really need this time to stick. Oh, and I'm getting married in three months and don't want to feel this way on my wedding day.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My lowest point was when my "fat jeans" started getting tight and every single pair was wearing out in the thigh area. I stepped on the scale to see just how much I had gained over the past few years and I was heavier than I was when I was pregnant with twins. I was horrified and vowed to get back in shape. I haven't looked back since. It's been 3 months and I'm down 33 pounds, feel amazing and starting to gain some confidence back.
  • jaimestewart1980
    jaimestewart1980 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I lost a direct line of sight on my tallywhacker.
  • mybesttutu
    mybesttutu Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Now!