Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• JamesMD84
    JamesMD84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bruby28 wrote: »
    Today I learned , kids can literally not find anything they lost until mom gets up

I think that goes for most men and their wife, or so I'm told repeatedly. If she just left it in the middle of the floor I would know exactly where it was.

I can sympathise with kids lol

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    TIL on my monthly bus trip home....

1. A man can AND will sit in a bus terminal to eat an entire store bought chocolate cake with a plastic fork with no measurable amount of shame or IDGAF attitude whatsoever.

2. An Amish family will bring 90% of their household belongings for an 8 hour bus trip.

3. There is no shortage of ultra skinny, pale skinned, sparsely moustache liped *kitten* wearing tank tops and walking with swagger in middle Ontario.

4. If he's drunk in a mall, he'll talk to me. Don't ask me about the A&W food prices dude. Look at the *kitten* menu 3 feet above your head. I'm not above dropping a drunken idiot on his a** Don't you know I hate people?!

5. They must have started making sausage and head cheese Doritos. That's the only thing that could explain the smell and excessively loud chewing sounds emanating from the seat behind me.

6. If there is a group of obnoxious, ignorant, arrogant 20 somethings travelling, they will always sit next to me, and I will never have headphones loud enough to tune them out.

7. If that dreaded moment arrives after too much cornerstore coffee where you need to brace a Ontario Northland bus bathroom, there's a 95% chance that no less than 3 people will be sleeping with their feet across the aisle. Do I limbo, pole vault, or kick?
  • amandaw421
    amandaw421 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    TIL I need more friends on here. I barely have any :(
  • amandaw421
    amandaw421 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    amandaw421 wrote: »
    TIL I need more friends on here. I barely have any :(

You'll get a few now

Good! It will keep me accountable plus I like to see others do well. Support team ftw!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    TIL on my monthly bus trip home....

1. A man can AND will sit in a bus terminal to eat an entire store bought chocolate cake with a plastic fork with no measurable amount of shame or IDGAF attitude whatsoever.

2. An Amish family will bring 90% of their household belongings for an 8 hour bus trip.

3. There is no shortage of ultra skinny, pale skinned, sparsely moustache liped *kitten* wearing tank tops and walking with swagger in middle Ontario.

4. If he's drunk in a mall, he'll talk to me. Don't ask me about the A&W food prices dude. Look at the *kitten* menu 3 feet above your head. I'm not above dropping a drunken idiot on his a** Don't you know I hate people?!

5. They must have started making sausage and head cheese Doritos. That's the only thing that could explain the smell and excessively loud chewing sounds emanating from the seat behind me.

6. If there is a group of obnoxious, ignorant, arrogant 20 somethings travelling, they will always sit next to me, and I will never have headphones loud enough to tune them out.

7. If that dreaded moment arrives after too much cornerstore coffee where you need to brace a Ontario Northland bus bathroom, there's a 95% chance that no less than 3 people will be sleeping with their feet across the aisle. Do I limbo, pole vault, or kick?

Ohh dear .. :kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    TIL that the Cascadia Subduction Zone has the potential to produce a mega-quake with 30 times the energy of one that the San Andreas fault can produce. The area, which stretches off the coast from Vancouver to northern CA, is overdue for an estimated 9.0 quake. This would result in 3-5 MINUTES of shaking (compared to 15-30 seconds in a normal quake) and would result in a tsunami dwarfing the Japan tsunami of 2011. Once the quake happens, the PNW will have about 15 minutes of lead time before the tsunami hits. It's estimated that everything west of Interstate 5 would be unrecognizable and upwards of a million people would be displaced. Conservative death estimates are around 13,000 lives lost.

FEMA has conducted drills for this specific scenario called 'Cascadia Rising'.
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Gatorade is actually very hydrating , compared to other beverages
  • mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    No one is worth it

Besides my boys...

No one
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    That I still won't be able to afford a Tesla Model 3 that's loaded. $60,000, but it DRIVES ITSELF.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bruby28
    Options
    No one is worth it

Besides my boys...

No one

You're probably right
  • bruby28
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    That I still won't be able to afford a Tesla Model 3 that's loaded. $60,000, but it DRIVES ITSELF.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

First world problems
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that most of what comes out of people's mouths is complete *kitten*!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL 20,000 year-old fossilized human footprints were discovered in Australia which indicate the man who made them was running at the speed of a modern Olympic sprinter, barefoot, in sand.

u6ten8n4crd0.jpg
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    TIL that I much rather be rejected than be ignored. At least rejection gives you some closure. Being ignored just leaves you hanging in limbo wondering.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL 20,000 year-old fossilized human footprints were discovered in Australia which indicate the man who made them was running at the speed of a modern Olympic sprinter, barefoot, in sand.

Have you seen the size of the spiders they have there though?

3zm7yyb3fodf.gif
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    That the minute I go to show my boss a system error, the program will function perfectly with no errors at all.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

u6ten8n4crd0.jpg

Who said it was a man? There was a 60% off sale ..
    The ladies know how fast ya gotta be :laugh:
    Caporegiem wrote: »

u6ten8n4crd0.jpg

Have you seen the size of the spiders they have there though?

Yep..Big enough to eat ya dog :o jk..well maybe a small dog