WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,438 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Janetr and Karen in VA -- scrumptious photos of Mia and Olivia! Happy and healthy little ones. Thank you for sharing, they made my day <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Love the pictures of a Olivia and Mia. I don't have any babies now, youngest is 10!!!
    Hot, hot, hot here again today so water aerobics felt good this morning.
    SueBDew in TX
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Kate can you approach your friend by telling her that you know how much the clutter bothered her in the past and you would really like to help her - maybe throw in that if your mother got left with this situation you would be right there helping organize etc.? She is lucky to have you and know that you care.

Gloria
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    Those babies girls are just so cute I want to snuggle them both! Seems like they and Joaquin were just born.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of an extreme strength DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a pilates Intermediate DVD.

After exercising this morning went to the farmer's market. Really nothing. I'm wondering if I should even bother to go there any more this summer. It's mostly baked goods which I'm not interested in in the slightest. Then went to WalMart, home and in the pool, vacuumed out the spa, got dinner ready, church tonight.

Did I tell you all about the latest shower adventure? Pete's mom texted Jess that 2 more people should be added. When Jess told her that it's too late, the invitations were already written out, suddenly Denise calls Jess that she "forgot" to add these people, that they are coming to the wedding. In other words, when Pete's mom wouldn't accept Jess' "no", she had Denise call and try to convince Jess to invite them. I bet she'll invite them anyway. Now I really don't care to make up extra favors. I was willing to go out of my way, but not now. Not when she's adding people at the last minute.

Oh, Denise said that his parents are fighting and that his dad wants a divorce. He said this once before. Afterwards, Denise said they went away for the weekend and "now everything's OK". It doesn't happen like that...the underlying problem is still there. Do you know that Pete's dad called him at work to tell him? Really?????? Denise wants me to decorate the bags that she's going to use for the wedding favors (because Pete's mom "has done so much maybe I could do this"). I keep asking her to send them to me. They're at Pete's mom's house and she isn't staying there right now. Really! Just go there when your husband is at work, get them and mail them. What's the big deal? I just don't know how long it'll take me to do what she'd like me to do.

Went for the "free" dance lesson yesterday and Vince signed us up for 6 lessons. Really, I would think we'd know enough by then to look fairly decent on the dancefloor at Denise's wedding.

Gloria - what beautiful daughters you have! (and their mother ain't bad, either)

Heather - so sorry dh isn't feeling well

drkatie - I really like the water to exercise in. You really don't feel it, there's little to no impact, but the next day boy do you feel it! I don't like getting my hair/face wet, either, but sometimes you just can't help it because you're in the water.

Have to go to VA the weekend after next then to PA for Denise's fitting. I am NOT looking forward to driving on the Beltway. Jess did ask me to come up a day early so I can feed her cat, which isn't a problem for me

Kate - can you just go over to your friend's house and clean?

Olivia and Mia are so precious looking

Tried ushering at the church tonight. One of these days I'll get it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do it for the next 4 weeks.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,001 Member
    Options
    :'( I've been looking forward all day to watching the Mariners game with Jake and riding the exercise bike. The game got rained out (in Kansas City ) so I'm going to read and ride and go to bed early.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington where it is still smoky
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Heather: I'll have to ask which cruise line my friend took. She said the name but I didn't make a mental note. I do know it was a very large company & that she was very dissatisfied with the whole experience. :ohwell:

Lanette: We have lovely air today, too. :bigsmile: The farrier was called back and fixed her bad work. She is evidently newly out of farrier school. Arrow had good feet today although his toes are a bit too long and need to be trimmed. Next time they'll have her trim up his toes. I'm glad I spoke up about it. I spent a bit of time looking up horseshoeing on the internet & learned some things that helped me put some of what I saw into perspective. :smile:

Becca: Enjoy your son's visit! :heart:

Barbie: Thanks for the update on Mary. It eases my mind. :flowerforyou:

Karen: Thanks for the pictures of Olivia. What a doll. :bigsmile:

Allie: Good job passing information on to the lawyer. :star:

I've had a good day today but DH is in a grumpy mood. He usually does much better. I think I'll go and hang out tiwht him.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    ginger . . . lol
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    waving-smiley-emoticon.gif

Love ya,
    DJ
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,233 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: What a ride! You are far more adventurous than anyone I know. :star:
    Meant to add -
    Machka - you and Pip amaze me!

Rye -way, or should I say weigh to go!
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka – interesting reading about your ride… and visualizing dodging the potholes! And the cold wait for the ferry. Glad you made the last one in plenty of time. Hope your DH is feeling better.

Thanks all! :)

One of my life mottos is "Life is an adventure" ... I didn't live that way through my 20s, but when I hit my 30s, I thought, "Right ... time to start living life as an adventure!" :grin:

That was a rougher and tougher ride than I thought it was going to be ... took a lot out of us with the cold, rough roads, and hills. I actually had to use my inhaler when we hit the set of hills in the middle ... I was breathing so hard trying to get up, I started hyperventilating and wheezing and then gasping for breath. I always bring an inhaler wherever I go, and was so glad I had it with me this time. But I'm feeling it this morning ... like someone took a wire bristle brush to my lungs.

I'm also a little stiff, but I just commented to my husband that I'm so glad I have been doing weights lately because I'd be in worse shape if I hadn't. When you cycle on rough roads, the hours of vibration can make you very sore. But lifting weights can help strengthen the muscles to be able to handle it better.

Today we rest ... this ride did kind of set back my husband's cold and I need to study, so I think it's good that this will be a low exertion day. :)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Hold strong, Allie... you've been in the eye of the storm for a while now, and it may well get worse before it gets better. Keep reaching out to us, keep your lawyer informed... You're hitting him where it hurts, in his wallet, which is most important to him, and he's going to lash out. Stay safe. You're loved. We're here.
    Love, Lisa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,233 Member
    Options
    Just in case you wondered, the type of cycling I train for and do is called randonneuring or audax. They are long distance timed events. The minimum speed is 15 km/h and the maximum speed is 30 km/h .... you've got to arrive at "controls" along the route within those times, and of course, the finish line within those times as well. Those times include all breaks for eating, using the toilet, sleeping if necessary etc. So while 15 km/h may seem really slow, if you include a half-hour lunch break in there, that means you've got to be riding faster than 15 km/h to make up for it.

I've been doing this sort of cycling since 2001. I don't think there has been a year since then where I haven't participated in at least one event ... although the number of events I did dropped a lot between 2009 (when I developed DVT) and 2015.

Randonneuring has taken me all over the place ... I've done events in Canada, Europe, Australia and the US. It has also given me the chance to meet many like-minded people ... including my husband. We met in late August 2003 in France, in the middle of a 1200 km event. We got to know each other in 2004 during and after a 1200 km event in Australia, and got to know each other even better during a 1200 km event in the US in 2005. :)

And we'll be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary in late August.

We are members of two clubs this year: Audax Australia: https://www.audax.org.au/public/ ... and the BC Randonneurs: http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/

So the 120 km we did yesterday was a event associated with Audax Australia called a Permanent. Members can do those events whenever they want, solo or in groups. Because we didn't complete it within the time limit, we'll do another one later in August. However, this 120 km was a good training ride.

Anyway ... that's what I'm up to when I'm out there cycling. I'm either training for or participating in these events. :)