ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Feeling virtuous- walking on hotel treadmill now
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    did I tell you Kirby bought a go pro?? he wants to record the ride for memories... he is tinkering with it now so he can get the bugs out so by the time the ride gets here, he will have it down pat. I'm excited. he has a chest strap and a helmet strap.

My husband bought a go pro or something similar a year or so ago and has filmed me/us cycling a few times. I wasn't sure why he didn't use it more often, but apparently it filled up and you couldn't delete or move the files. Turns out there was some sort of known bug in the system. Not sure if he's been able to fix it yet.

so far it's letting him delete little test rides he's been doing... his is voice activated which is handy
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    e42b8lo3ahhz.jpg

ias80m301nqu.jpg

Is that quilt made from event T-shirts?

It caught my eye because I've got a pile of event T-shirts which I never/rarely wear and I keep wondering what to do with them. I'd like to keep the event logos etc. as souvenirs but don't really need more T-shirts. One idea I had was to create a collage and frame them, but that might be another idea.

yes, when we met he had a crap load of tshirst from rides and runs, i retired a bunch and had them made into that quilt and gave it to him for one of his birthdays. i have gathered enough to get one done for me. i am going to have my friend use some of the curtain left over material for the borders so it can kinda go with the inside.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • trulydivyn725
    trulydivyn725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My August Goals:
    ~ Stay under 1500 calories daily - not including exercise ---
    8/1 = 1,289 8/2 = 1,151 8/3 = 1,295 8/4 = 1,780 8/5 = 1,390
    8/6 = 1,323 8/7 = 1,454 8/8 = 1,275 8/9 = 1,114 8/10 = 548
    8/11 = 1,233 8/12 = 1,500 8/13 = 1,811 8/14 = 1,221 8/15 = 1,565
    8/16 = 1,429 8/17 = 1,391 8/18 = ?? 8/19 = ?? 8/20 = ??
    8/21 = 1,172
    ~ Walk 5k steps daily ---
    8/1 = no app 8/2 = no app 8/3 = 3,980 8/4 = 4,675 8/5 = 7,306
    8/6 = 3,374 8/7 = 3,132 8/8 = 2,852 8/9 = 4,551 8/10 = 5,041
    8/11 = 4,211 8/12 = 7,250 8/13 = 5,011 8/14 = 3,218 8/15 = 5,364
    8/16 = 3,556 8/17 = 3,181 8/18 = 5,345 8/19 = 3,749 8/20 = 3,512
    8/21 = 6,873
    ~ Plexus regimen ---
    8/1 = yes 8/2 = yes 8/3 = yes 8/4 = yes 8/5 = yes
    8/6 = no 8/7 = yes 8/8 = yes 8/9 = yes 8/10 = yes
    8/11 = no 8/12 = no 8/13 = no 8/14 = yes 8/15 = yes
    8/16 = no 8/17 = no 8/18 = no 8/19 = no 8/20 = no
    8/21 = no
    ~ WATER equal or exceeding 64 ounces ---
    8/1 = 80oz 8/2 = 72oz 8/3 = 64oz 8/4 = 70oz 8/5 = ??
    8/6 = ?? 8/7 = 66oz 8/8 = 70oz 8/9 = 56oz 8/10 = 142oz
    8/11 = 56oz 8/12 = 64oz 8/13 = 60oz 8/14 = 48oz 8/15 = 56oz
    8/16 = 64oz 8/17 = 64oz 8/18 = 80oz 8/19 = 64oz 8/20 = 48oz
    8/21 = 60oz

So far the wrist brace at night has handled the pain of carpal tunnel during the day, but still experiencing some numbness and weird sensations as well as no grip strength. Appointment set up for 9/22 to address it, unless it becomes unbearable of course. GREAT dinner last night of shredded chicken with buffalo sauce mixed into non-fat cream cheese/non-fat sour cream over a bed of roasted cauliflower...it was very simple, and delicious...

More walking yesterday than normal, actually the 2nd highest step count of the month so far...I actually slept really well last night once I got my mind shut off...anticipating some good news soon, and my mind is plotting and planning as a result of that. I'm waiting until last minute to finalize my plans to go to WA to assist my nephew with Scotty's things, in hopes of keeping my son with me as long as possible. He's waiting on time off approval, which hopefully he'll hear about by the end of the week when the owner returns to distribute payroll.

Mr. Toad decided to contact me yesterday a few times via phone call to my desk phone, and email to my work email. BIG mistake having sent him an email once from work - so now he's blocked from being able to email me, and cannot call either, since I put his number(s) in as spam status. He's been unable to reach me on my personal number(s), email or social media. I've learned a very big lesson about providing too many options for communication to someone I don't know well. I figured after doing the background on him that he was actually going to be okay, but he's just a jerk with a nice resume. I'm VERY grateful he hasn't approached the house, and has no access to me at work. He is professing love and can't go on without me type of blather - I'm ignoring it, and have not responded in any way - perhaps he'll get the hint. Just like with a bad puppy, discipline sometimes means you ignore their behavior until it stops.

Much love and respect from Vegas,
    Dorrie aka TrulyDivyn
    "Replace I WISH with I WILL" --- Nana
  • ryenday
    Options
    jk8c9dfexdmp.jpg
  • ryenday
    Options
    We are having a surprisingly wonderful trip, it I'm not the trip logger Heather is. Still never thought Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma would be so much fun have such GOOD ( and healthy) food.
  • trulydivyn725
    trulydivyn725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ~ KJLaMore - thank you for that! I'm slowly coming out of the fog, but it sure hasn't been easy. My DD thinks my body is attacking me to remind me I'm not just in heart pain, my soul hurts too. I appreciate your comment!

~ Sygamore - Welcome! I'm fairly new here as well...I just jumped right in and started sharing...so far, these ladies have been FABULOUSLY supportive and often hilarious and insightful as well...you'll love it here!

~ Lanette - the pits? No my friend, I've never heard of that! As with any food seed, I'm certain there's some nutritional benefit, but some are not good for us. PLEASE do your research before attempting this...

~ Glow - I completely sympathize with your knee pain. In 2014 about a week on the job, I slipped and fell out of the hotel tub, cracking my left patella (knee) and breaking the top of the proximal tibia (shinbone). That was a very painful and slow rehabilitation, and I often feel as if I cannot trust my knee not to give out on me at times. Even worse is when I feel it lock or like it's going to slip out of place. I refused surgery, but I do understand the need is there for a great number of people. I pray you will have success with yours! Also, I'm glad you liked my tip about the $100 emergency fund...my Daddy taught me that, and always tucked a $100 bill in my wallet whenever he saw me if there wasn't one already in there. It was a constant reminder from him that I matter enough to always have means to escape, fix, or provide/donate if I always have an emergency fund. Daddy was VERY clear when I was young that I needed to be completely independent of anyone, especially financially. I've tried to instill that with my children as well.

~ Felicia - oh how I miss the outdoor adventures of Oregon! Thanks for the reminder...I've been planning a trip to take my Squishy up to Big Toy as well. Probably next summer...this year we went to visit family in Brookings and he got to see the Pacific ocean for the first time, and do bonfires as well as the sea lions being a big hit. So, since we have a summer vacation in OR every year, this year I'm planning for Big Toy. I'm also hosting a big family reunion here in Vegas this coming summer for the other side of the family, so there's a lot of upcoming fun planned!

Much love and respect from Vegas,
    Dorrie aka TrulyDivyn
    "Replace I WISH with I WILL" --- Nana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Gloria: I hope the knee issue is something that you can get taken care of in the reasonably near future. (((HUGS)))

Sharon: I hope you are feeling better soon. Back trouble is on my list of worst miseries. My dad really suffered with it and so has DH. He's had three surgeries and each was miraculous. :heart:

Lanette & Machka: Avocado, lettuce, tomato and cream cheese sandwiches are divine. I'll admit they're high in fat, but it is mostly good fat. I use nufchatel in place of cream cheese to cut back a little on the fat. I haven't given myself permission to have one in a long time & I've never calculated the calories. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I also get flu shots every year. Most of the time they work beautifully but once in a while the strain of flu that is going around isn't included in the shot. They create the vaccines early on in the season and there is some guesswork as to which strain will be going around. They include the right ones most of the time but not always. :ohwell:

Felicia: I'm not sure why it is any worse to be old and short than to be old and tall. I recommend adding a "have fun every day" goal. It doesn't always have to be a spectacular event. I've been happier since I added it to my goals list. It helps me notice little pleasures. :star:

We are staying here with DSIL one more day. I'm ready to go home now, but I'll defer to DH on this one. My mom used to say that dead fish and houseguests begin to stink after three days. We're there.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Katla - YUM!!! Guess what I'll have for lunch - avocado, tomato, lettuce & laughing cow (don't have cream cheese) sandwich. Great idea! Glad you are having a good time at DSIL's - hope your DH's scooter worked as well as expected. Have a safe drive back!

By the way, I didn't intend to start eating avocado pits - I was just asking the question (doing research) in case any of you did and if so, how did you prepare, etc. I know everything on the internet isn't necessarily accurate! Sad but true. B)

Rye - your trip sounds like fun! Enjoy!!

Machka - do they sell Elderberry syrups and pills there? Some folks swear by them. The couple times I've felt like I was coming down with something in the past, I'd take this for a day. Thank you for sharing the articles. I wonder what our flu season will be like. That's another reason my DH rarely goes out in public. He gets the flu shot and I haven't in years. I did get both pneumonia shots though.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :o
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    AVOCADO PITS- Lanette, they actually had a segment on Good Morning America, just this morning. They advised against grinding the pit up and trying to eat it that way, because it is very fibrous/woody. They ended the segment with scientists and doctors are doing a lot of research right now on the health benefits of the avocado pit.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    AVOCADO PITS- Lanette, they actually had a segment on Good Morning America, just this morning. They advised against grinding the pit up and trying to eat it that way, because it is very fibrous/woody. They ended the segment with scientists and doctors are doing a lot of research right now on the health benefits of the avocado pit.

Kelly, how timely! Thanks!

Lanette
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Machka- I have never gotten a flu shot. I don't often get the flu. I get sinus infections; but they generally go away after a couple weeks of self medication. About every three-five years I will get one WHOPPER of a sinus infection that requires double z-pack intervention. I was sick a lot when I was a kid, so maybe that is why I seem to be immune to a lot of things. My doc says that because I work with children and have such a strong immune system, I am most likely "a carrier". LOL This irritates my hubby, because he catches EVERYTHING! We tend to sleep in separate rooms during cold and flu season. He is not easy to sleep with anyway, so this suits me fine! >:)<3