Solar Eclipse (August 21, 2017) count down!

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Everyone feel free to send me your eclipse glasses now that it's over. It's part of my retirement plan for 2024.

Hey! I feel we should be splitting the profits. I already made plans to go to Mexico in 2024, I already found someone to stay with in South Padre.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to send me your eclipse glasses now that it's over. It's part of my retirement plan for 2024.

Some people at my work told me that they have an expiration date on them. Haha like it's a prescription

Some people at my work told me that they have an expiration date on them. Haha like it's a prescription

Mine says to dispose of them after three years. :)

Exactly what eclipse glasses manufacturers want you to think/do.
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yay the clouds went away! In Memphis we got 94% and what I found surprising was that even with only six percent of the sun it was still quite bright. The quality of the light became strange, like being indoors, but it was still far brighter than indoor lighting at max. Despite having official rated eclipse glasses I still feel nervous about my vision!

My husband made a pinhole camera out of two sheets of paper and played science guy with the local kids showing them how folks used to do it when he was a kid. Even the mailman stopped to look at the sky.

The other interesting thing was watching the birds. The little birdies didn't know what to make of it, but the flock of grackles and the two crows flew home to roost as if it was sunset, and the crickets started chirping.

I'm in Memphis too! The cloud coverage was a bummer, but I got some good shots in with my iPhone.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    Cee go ahead and start the next count down thread for April 8, 2024.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Cee go ahead and start the next count down thread for April 8, 2024.

Seconded
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    i feel like the real takeaway from this whole rigmarole is, which of us will wake up tomorrow with super powers, and what will those powers be?

i'm hoping for Sylar's intuitive adaptation personally.

I'm hoping I wake up pooping money, tons of it!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    It was cooler than I thought it would be. About 10 of us took turns sharing a pair of glasses someone ordered from Canada.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    i feel like the real takeaway from this whole rigmarole is, which of us will wake up tomorrow with super powers, and what will those powers be?

I'm hoping I wake up pooping money, tons of it!

CJkXblQUkAAxE4N.jpg
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Well that was a big bag of nothing!!!
  • Caporegiem
    Options

Eh look at it like this, we all got a small break from work.

Oh wait....
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Oh wait....

You, sir, are mean. I hope the sun melts your retinas. And then melts your head like the German officer in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Id love to be able to read minds
  • Caporegiem
    Options

Oh wait....

You, sir, are mean. I hope the sun melts your retinas. And then melts your head like the German officer in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I'm sorry about your rash.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    When you see the corona. It is amazing. Also saw Venus in the early afternoon.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    That was lame
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    When you see the corona. It is amazing. Also saw Venus in the early afternoon.

I saw Uranus.