What's your weird weight loss tip?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Get out of "deprivation mindset". Sure, when you're working on loosing weight you can't eat whatever whenever, just like if you're in a monogamic relationship you can't have intercourse with someone other then your partner. Whatever has value, has it's price. You're paying it because it's valuable to you, not because someone has forced you too.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Moving is better than not moving.. (patent pending)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't know how weird this is but it's probably unusual at the least. When I'm feeling hungry sometimes I take a nap to avoid snacking. Can't consume calories in my sleep and it buys me a few hours. It works ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This works great if you're broke, too.

Nap Off the Fat would be a great weight loss book title.

I frequently will choose sleep when I'm feeling snacky.
  • steveschmitz
    steveschmitz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Peel a cucumber, slice, and enjoy with a dressing of apple cider vinegar, couple of tablespoons. Eat one a day.
  • annaclose123
    annaclose123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'll pretend to butter my bread, knife out, get the butter and pretend to spread it over it, just not actually have any haha also, if I'm really craving, I'll chew on some bland food like ryvita cracker , whislt smelling something yummy like chocolate haha
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've started drinking 2x as much of that fair life filtered milk instead of mixing my little meal replacement protein smoothie into it, because I just learned it's effectively the same macros and much less chunky
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Rather than creating a new thread, I'll revive this old one.

I noticed at restaurants, at the point where I'm satiated but could still eat, if I get up and go to the bathroom, it signals my brain the meal is finished.

Doggie bag and done.

To add to this, I've recently begun asking for the to-go box with the meal, and I'll put half of the meal into the to-go box right away. That way I feel like what's left on my plate is my full meal, but I'm really only eating half. Otherwise, I sit there and pick and pick and end up only taking a very small portion home. Or none at all!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Something else I've recently discovered helps me, is to divide my food into smaller portions, having the 2nd portion as "seconds", even if I eat all of it. For instance, Friday night is often homemade pizza night at our house. I usually plan to eat two slices at 350 cal each, but often go back for another half slice or more. Recently I started cutting those two slices into 4 smaller slices, and it really does feel like I have more pizza. Maybe it takes me longer to eat them, or it could just be something psychological, but it's a lot easier to not go back and get more. Or if I get one slice and cut it into two slices, I know I can still go back and get a second slice which I also cut in two. Weird, but it's been working for me. Now it's much easier for me to keep to the two large slices, and not go back for more.
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When I’m having a craving or wanting to eat out of boredom, I’ll have black coffee or herbal tea. It helps hold me over until I’m really truly hungry.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I gave up sodium and all artificial sweeteners. so ..that basically rules out all processed foods. i'm losing weight like gangbusters..no joke.
    that advice to snack on pickles.. yikes!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    kfizza1 wrote: »
    I have 3 important ones that work for me:

1) Have a cheat meal, NOT a cheat day.

2) I promise myself a grand cheat meal if I see a new low number on the scale. It also teaches me discipline and patience.

3) I always make sure that even though it's a cheat meal, it must fit into my calorie goal for the day. I'd either eat little the entire day to make room for my cheat meal, or hit extra cardio at the gym to accommodate.

All of these work mainly because they keep me from feeling deprived of food and going on a binge! I get to eat burgers n other good stuff while still remaining under my calorie goal! :smiley:

Thank you for the good adivice.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    I don't think you're going to find many "weird" weight loss tips around here beyond some variation of a calorie deficit.

Unless we hunt them down using google... lol
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Dead thread of the day... I am a sucker for dead threads. Lol