What's your weird weight loss tip?

Options

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Craziest thing ever, eat less and move more.

Get out of here!!!!11
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I was just working out my diary for the day and I'm realizing that, without a run today, I don't have enough calories left for a decent salty snack after dinner (I must have two. One sweet, one salty). I'm totally bringing dill pickle chips to work for a snack. You fellow pickle lovers have inspired me!
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Do what my friend does, if you want to eat something loaded with high calories, like a burger, find someone to share with. The more people you share with the better. Share your calories because sharing is caring.

As for me I exercise ( walking) so that I can eat more. But If I happen to eat way more than my daily allowed calories and it's already dark outside, rather than be upset i jog or march in place and sometimes put on my MP3 player and dance until my Garmin watch shows I've burned 2000 calories. So far it's been working.

Once in a while when I feel like my gut is being stubborn, I take 1 laxative for the month and the problem is resolved.
  • kfizza1
    kfizza1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    caelsav wrote: »
    They key is vegetables. TONS of vegetables. Eat as much as you want. The older I get, the more I put on my plate. Meat and starches take up about a quarter to half of my plate combined. They should not be the stars of your meal. I eat tons of salads, fresh vegetables, homemade soups, etc... I sprinkle nuts or cheese on top if I feel like it. If I feel like a cookie or brownie, I have ONE. I eat what I want on the weekends, within reason. Two slices of pizza, not four. If I go out to eat I save half for lunch the next day. I do not eat breakfast because I am not hungry until lunch, but I do have coffee with a bit of half and half in the mornings. I do not drink sodas. I drink unsweetened tea or water with meals. On the weekends I may have a glass of wine. I am in my mid 40's, and I have never had a weight issue. I'm currently 134 lbs., and 5'7". I have two children, and I gained about 40 lbs. each pregnancy that I lost within a few months. I walk a mile everyday, and I lift light weights twice a week for about 20 minutes. I have a sedentary, full-time job. That's it!

Skipping breakfast works for me too!
  • kfizza1
    kfizza1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    rkmomm wrote: »
    kfizza1 wrote: »
    I have 3 important ones that work for me:

1) Have a cheat meal, NOT a cheat day.

2) I promise myself a grand cheat meal if I see a new low number on the scale. It also teaches me discipline and patience.

3) I always make sure that even though it's a cheat meal, it must fit into my calorie goal for the day. I'd either eat little the entire day to make room for my cheat meal, or hit extra cardio at the gym to accommodate.

All of these work mainly because they keep me from feeling deprived of food and going on a binge! I get to eat burgers n other good stuff while still remaining under my calorie goal! :smiley:

So... how is this "cheating?"

I consider it cheating because I don't allow myself to eat burgers, fries, other fried/high calorie foods on a daily basis. So if I do decide to indulge, I try to balance it out. :smile:
  • pwhitechurch
    pwhitechurch Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Do what my friend does, if you want to eat something loaded with high calories, like a burger, find someone to share with. The more people you share with the better. Share your calories because sharing is caring.

As for me I exercise ( walking) so that I can eat more. But If I happen to eat way more than my daily allowed calories and it's already dark outside, rather than be upset i jog or march in place and sometimes put on my MP3 player and dance until my Garmin watch shows I've burned 2000 calories. So far it's been working.

Once in a while when I feel like my gut is being stubborn, I take 1 laxative for the month and the problem is resolved.

Sharing is a good thing.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Eat a punnet of low cal fruit for breakfast as it leaves more calories for a more satisfying lunch/dinner/dessert, and eat sugar free polo mints in the evening instead of going for the fridge. Everything tastes gross if you have a minty mouth!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Persistence is my one weird tip. I'm inconsistent with both diet and exercise, my weight fluctuates all over the place, but in the long run, I'm leaner and healthier.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    rkmomm wrote: »
    I have 3 important ones that work for me:

1) Have a cheat meal, NOT a cheat day.

2) I promise myself a grand cheat meal if I see a new low number on the scale. It also teaches me discipline and patience.

3) I always make sure that even though it's a cheat meal, it must fit into my calorie goal for the day. I'd either eat little the entire day to make room for my cheat meal, or hit extra cardio at the gym to accommodate.

All of these work mainly because they keep me from feeling deprived of food and going on a binge! I get to eat burgers n other good stuff while still remaining under my calorie goal! :smiley:

So... how is this "cheating?"

I consider it cheating because I don't allow myself to eat burgers, fries, other fried/high calorie foods on a daily basis. So if I do decide to indulge, I try to balance it out. :smile:

Ah, OK. Thanks. I was just curious what your definition of cheating was.

As for the OP, I don't have any weird tips. But what I do is pre-log my higher calorie indulgences for the day (my weekend wine, for example), so I don't go over my calorie target. That way I can see if I need to move a little more that day to fit in my 'treats'.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I went out, got a muffin, and as I was breaking it up to eat it out popped a friggin' live maggot. Appetite lost. Craving over.

And now I have a solid reason to break my muffins up before eating them, which up till now I just thought was a weird tic. Apparently it's self preservation. Imagine if you had just bitten right into it?!? :s:s:s