What's your weird weight loss tip?

Options

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I drink sparkling water (not the sweet kind) as a snack- if I'm hungry after that, that means I actually do need food, but usually it does the trick on its own.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    Options
    I went out, got a muffin, and as I was breaking it up to eat it out popped a friggin' live maggot. Appetite lost. Craving over.

And now I have a solid reason to break my muffins up before eating them, which up till now I just thought was a weird tic. Apparently it's self preservation. Imagine if you had just bitten right into it?!? :s:s:s

Protein! ;)

(Honestly, vegetarianism saves me from trying so many many things I'd otherwise feel obligated to try. Locust flour, anyone? Chicken feet? ;) )

Sorry, OP. Obligatory weird tip: Life is too short to eat foods that don't taste good, in pursuit of weight loss or for any other reason. There are plenty of foods in the world that are both tasty and nutritious.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    (Honestly, vegetarianism saves me from trying so many many things I'd otherwise feel obligated to try. Locust flour, anyone? Chicken feet? ;) )

I tried chicken feet. I think I would have liked them if they were crispy fried, but they were Chinese style, soft and vinegary. I did not dig them.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

I tried chicken feet. I think I would have liked them if they were crispy fried, but they were Chinese style, soft and vinegary. I did not dig them.

I've heard that bee larvae is delicious. Are delicious?
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

I had the same experience with chicken feet. I would totally try locust or cricket flour, though! I have very little aversion to 'weird' foods. I have much aversion to 'weird' diet tips!

Someone did try to tell me recently(ish) that 'people who lose a lot of weight don't eat yogurt'. Uhm, thanks (as I eat my daily delicious 140 calorie Tillamook Farmstyle Greek yogurt)?

Edit to specify it was the Vanilla yogurt - fruit on the bottom yogurts are rubbish!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

I've had chicken feet at three different restaurants and I liked the soft ones the best. I think they were steamed? One place had boiled them, I think, and threw some sweet sauce on them. They were so tough and rubbery. I'd try fried, but I did really like the soft fall-off-the-bones feet.

Never thought I'd be critiquing chicken feet from various restaurants before. It's good to have a friend in the know to get you to try new things.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    Stop eating carbs. Simple as that. For an added kick throw in a couple of days of fasting each week.

Stop eating carbs...and then? No carbs leaves fats and protein to choose from, and they're both very easy to overeat.
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I drink carbonated mineral water (Topo Chico) instead of soda. It's the bubbles I want.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Stop eating carbs...and then? No carbs leaves fats and protein to choose from, and they're both very easy to overeat.
    Not true. Carbs turn to fat. As long as you are in ketosis, insulin levels remain low so calories don't count. (sorry. trying to build up my woo levels)

Glad I could help!
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options

I've had chicken feet at three different restaurants and I liked the soft ones the best. I think they were steamed? One place had boiled them, I think, and threw some sweet sauce on them. They were so tough and rubbery. I'd try fried, but I did really like the soft fall-off-the-bones feet.

Never thought I'd be critiquing chicken feet from various restaurants before. It's good to have a friend in the know to get you to try new things.

My wife and in-laws (who also live with us) are Chinese, and chicken feet are one of many foods they've introduced to me. I think they're actually pretty good, but rarely get them myself because they have so many small bones compared to the amount of meat you get that it's not worth the trouble.