I Have Noticed Many People Returning, Having Regained Their Weight ...

Options

Replies

• Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I was so great at logging my food and dieting, I had lost 10 lbs in a couple months. Work then got stressful and I thought I could keep track without logging every day...the 10 lbs came right back on. I'm back where I started. I changed jobs so now don't feel as much stress and can handle logging again. Here we go again!
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100lbs within a year- in the 7 years it's been I've gained back about 75. The exercise I enjoy is weight work and yoga. But food is my problem and although it's one thing to know food is 80% of the battle, I eat a lot more than I think I'm eating.

I think it's also worth noting the number on the scale can sometimes be less important than how you feel or your "levels" (BP, cholesterol, sugars) but I'll be the first to admit that scale number really gets to me. And my levels are great (I regularly get checked as diabetes runs in the family). But seeing where I'm at now vs where I was able to commit and work to has been depressing. Interesting side note, I feel the same now as I did then- unhappy with my physical self; so I know my mentality since I made the change hasn't been positive.

So I may not be returning to MFP but I am to the lifestyle- I just started (literally new- signed up today) because I was realizing my clothes don't fit like they did even a month ago and it must do with what and (I think more specifically) how much I'm eating. Plus I think I need a wider support community and the accountability
  • mymusiccollection
    mymusiccollection Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I lost 188# in 20 months and was at my goal. I stopped logging, got complacent and 2 years later I am back having gained 60#.
  • NoExcusesFromNowOn
    NoExcusesFromNowOn Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Too many Vegas all you can eat buffets! Not doing that again!!!!
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I’ve done this twice before using mfp. I’m not saying this is for everyone but this is what I’m doing differently.
    1. health is more important than a number.
    2. I actually already set a weekly reminder to weigh and it says if weigh more than X amount eat less this week. (I’m about 10# from goal weight)
    3. I’m not suggesting this... I know I’m not always going to weigh that slice a cheese or that pack of crackers so I don’t. I’ve lost 12# the past three months by logging entries. I know everything needs to be weighed I just figured I get there slower and yet learning better portion and habits along the way.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Sorry!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    @MsHarryWinston I agree with you:)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have never stopped tracking. I did try Trinessa Birth Control last year and it didn’t agree with me. I felt like I was in the early stages of pregnancy the whole time and struggled to keep my calories at maintenance level (often eating over 3000 calories). Until I tried that everything was fine for the most part. I put on about 5lbs when I switched to maintenance, but that was it until I started that Birth Control. I gained about 18 lbs while I was on it. I am slowly working on taking it back off this year, but it’s been met with some obstacles. I have managed to get 5 lbs back off and I have been switching between weight loss and maintenance depending on my health/stress/etc this year. I am in no hurry to take the weight back off since I am still at a healthy weight for my height.