How many different fruits and veggies did you eat today?

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Brussels sprouts, yellow pepper, red pepper, carrots, broccoli, romaine lettuce, spinach, kabocha squash, tomatoes, onions and purple sweet potatoes if they count
  • plockerman
    plockerman Posts: 23 Member
    More than I should have.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Cherries, spinach, banana
    Onion, garlic, cilantro
    Red onion, avocado
    Corn, Pinto beans
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited August 2017
    Throughout the day? It was a good day for bunnies :smiley:

broccoli, carrots, red cabbage, onions, baby red potatoes (318g) = 675g in aggregate
    blueberries = 655g

A total of just over 16.5 bunnies counted the way I like to count my bunnies!
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    edited August 2017
    Not the best but pretty good considering I had to work and run around crazy today. Breakfast - banana and apple. Lunch - carrots, tomato. Dinner - broccoli. Snack - apple
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Breakfast: Cauliflower, zucchini, asparagus, spinach, red peppers, yellow squash
    Lunch: Red peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower, green beans, spinach, zucchini and red onion
    I will have at dinner: Spaghetti squash, zucchini, spinach, arugula and grape tomatoes
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: None

Lunch: Jalapenos, cabbage, carrots, red peppers, yellow peppers, onions, cucumbers, blueberries

Dinner: Collard greens
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    For tomorrow's lunch have logged three servings of extra fine green beans & one bag of Birds Eye's Cauliflower Rice with Cheese Sauce. There's also a few veggies in the Healthy Choice Crustless Chicken Pot Pie.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Carrot, cucumber, celery, beet, daikon radish, spinach, onion, carrot, lentils, cilantro, corn, red onion, garlic, romaine, more beets, avocado, garbanzos, more carrots
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    I tried eggplant for the first time today (not bad!) and had planned on coming home from an afternoon of errands and making a giant veggie stirfry-then my husband called and we're now going to Fazolis for pizza baked spaghetti and unlimited breadsticks (pasta sauce counts as a veggie right? ). I will still get in my green smoothie tonight though!

On a sidenote-

I've had horrible spider/varicose veins since my pregnancies/early 30s. My legs are the bane of my existence so I avoid looking at them. Out of the blue this past weekend my husband asked me what I was using on my legs, because the spider veins have cleared up so much, and I was like 'huh?' lol. I took a look at them and he's right-noticeable clearing up of some of the areas. I had no idea what I did, but then today I was reading through The Dash Diet Younger You (I've been following the DASH diet for a while now so just reading for recipes and such), and there's a section in the book about how some veg/fruit contains a flavonoid that improves circulation and also assists in potency of vitamin C, and these things can contribute to the reduction/improvement of spider veins. I've drastically increased my veg/fruit consumption since this past spring and it looks like there is at least one noticeable difference happening, very cool :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Bok Choy, mushrooms, patty pan squash, Japanese eggplant, Hungarian wax pepper (and garlic and ginger if they count)

Dinner: Beets, avocado, orange, lettuce
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Breakfast included mango
    Lunch included a salad mix (kale, arugula, brussels sprouts, green cabbage, red cabbage, broccoli), black olives, artichoke hearts
    Dinner will include veggie kabobs of zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms

Technically those might not all be veggies but close enough to count, I think.
  • flumpet47
    flumpet47 Posts: 2 Member
    Courgettes, mushrooms, squash, edamame beans, garlic, garden peas
    Melon
    Beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes, sweetcorn, spring onion

:)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    I've had five different kinds so far today -- raspberries and blueberries at breakfast, spinach and tomatoes and potatoes at lunch. I'll have a couple more at dinner (either zucchini and more spinach, or mushrooms/tomatoes/zucchini, depending on what I feel like making). I'll end up at 7-10 different items and maybe 12 full servings total.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    None today.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I'm repeating the same ones a lot. Today's are green pepper, tomatoes, and cucumbers (and onion, but I always have a little onion)

Those plus apricot and kale and jalapeno with breakfast.

Those plus romaine and olives and corn with lunch.

Plan for dinner, same plus some cabbage, more corn, fennel, melon.

I am currently completely overrun with various greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, summer squash, and corn.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    For tomorrow logged a whole bag of Birds Eye Sriracha Green Beans. No idea how it will taste since I found it at the Grocery Outlet for around $0.70 cents a bag, & couldn't pass up that price.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Mixed berries, Mirabelle plums, fig, chickpeas (in hummus form), tomatoes, romaine, Vidalia onion, sweet corn on the cob, so far. Too bad nuts and seeds don't count, or I could add 4 more. Seems like at least the watermelon seeds should count! ;)
  • Snacked on strawberries and an apple
    Breakfast was oatmeal with homegrown roasted pumpkin
    Lunch was a mixed greens salad with cauliflower and more roasted pumpkin and egg whites with tomato
    Dinner was same salad, green beans, chicken, and last of the pumpkin