Options

Replies

• ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    ttcbelieve wrote: »
    I tried committing. It did not work.

So what makes you think you can commit to a "cleanse"? And if you can, then you can commit to getting on track without a "cleanse".

Honestly I think its probably the convenience that will make me stick with it. The convenience will get me over the hump and back to measuring and making better choices. I have a fairly good idea how I got to this point and will make sure it does not happen again. I just need that extra help.

I normally don't recommend this approach for most people as its a recipe for making the same mistake over and over again. With me however it's ok. I'm a fairly disciplined person....normally.... I just need help this time. "I need to get back on the bike"
  • ttcbelieve
    Options
    the thing is once you get into the mindset to eat a certain way you need to stay in that mindset and to stay on track otherwise you will get off track. you have to want it bad enough to stick with it. I know for me I dont want to get back to being overweight,out of breath,out of shape and taking more meds than I am now. for me thats my motivation for sticking with the lifestyle Im following.if I fail I now to get right back on and go from there. I dont give up and then come back and start over and over. once you begin you need to know that you need to stay the course.

I agree. I suspect I got complacent. I was doing very good. Exercising regularly, still exercise regularly. had a balanced habit and then fell off track, I knew I was falling off track and kept going, thinking, its all good, i'll bounce back quickly. Suddenly I'm in a state where I noticed, Dang it...I can't get back on.

It's definitely a lesson I have learned. Just because its 5yrs and its been good does not mean it cant change.

I'm sure I will not fall off track again. I like the way I feel when I am in shape.....and the fear of having to post here again after all the feedback I have received today will ensure I stay on track for life :-)
  • ttcbelieve
    Options
    I've noticed that the people who do these types of cleanses always say "My willpower sucks" or "I cant resist junk food" etc etc etc If you can stick to 3-5 + days of juicing you have more willpower than you think....

Probably...I'm about to find out. I'm sure I'll be miserable. If I come back here crying "I expect love and sympathy, regardless :-)

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    the thing is once you get into the mindset to eat a certain way you need to stay in that mindset and to stay on track otherwise you will get off track. you have to want it bad enough to stick with it. I know for me I dont want to get back to being overweight,out of breath,out of shape and taking more meds than I am now. for me thats my motivation for sticking with the lifestyle Im following.if I fail I now to get right back on and go from there. I dont give up and then come back and start over and over. once you begin you need to know that you need to stay the course.

I agree. I suspect I got complacent. I was doing very good. Exercising regularly, still exercise regularly. had a balanced habit and then fell off track, I knew I was falling off track and kept going, thinking, its all good, i'll bounce back quickly. Suddenly I'm in a state where I noticed, Dang it...I can't get back on.

It's definitely a lesson I have learned. Just because its 5yrs and its been good does not mean it cant change.

I'm sure I will not fall off track again. I like the way I feel when I am in shape.....and the fear of having to post here again after all the feedback I have received today will ensure I stay on track for life :-)

yeah I have been at it for 5 years too and sure it can change but for me it would have to be something devastating to where I couldnt work out anymore even though I can eat less to lose weight its hard for me,I seem to lose better when I work out. the older you get the harder it is to bounce back. I just turned 43 and things now arent as easy as they were 10+ years ago. I know all too well the struggle.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What are your goals for this "cleanse"?

To get back on track with healthy eating and maintaining weight. I added 10lbs in the last 2 months. I can't seem to get the motivation or desire to stop eating junk. All I need is jumpstart and I have never tried a cleanse. I'm not looking to lose 10lbs with the cleanse. I just need it to jumpstart getting me back on track. Hope that makes sense

There is a difference between smoothies and juice. The purchased products seem to be juice.

If the goal is to eat a healthy diet, why not, you know, do that? Just consuming juice isn't really healthy. (I don't think just consuming smoothies is great either, but at least they will have all the fiber and you can add ingredients and contribute protein and fat and generally control the ingredients.)

Indeed, if the concern is that you have not been eating well and want to change that, the insistence on relying on some juices you don't prepare yourself doesn't seem likely to fix that or teach you anything.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I've noticed that the people who do these types of cleanses always say "My willpower sucks" or "I cant resist junk food" etc etc etc If you can stick to 3-5 + days of juicing you have more willpower than you think....

Probably...I'm about to find out. I'm sure I'll be miserable. If I come back here crying "I expect love and sympathy, regardless :-)
    Then join us and do the veg challenge and see how you like that. :)
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Stacyines wrote: »
    I need to do this as a jump start. Why? Because if I go from eating high sodium foods or sugary foods and slowly ween in to healthier alternatives- I rarely stick to it. My mentality is : "I'll start it tomorrow."
    When you purchase and invest into 3 days worth of quickly perishable juices - there's no tomorrow. It's literally you're doing this now without any excuse. Hungry? Increase water intake. Next thing you know - you've double or tripled the average water intake you normally have. Once the three days are complete- the likelihood of desiring the foods you were having daily is minimal.
    That's why I like juicing. It's just a jumpstart to making a regimen stick.
    It works for some people and it doesn't work for others.

You have posted this thread here and have posted a thread in the debate section about having tried the HCG diet.

I'm sensing a pattern here regarding trying unsustainable, gimmicky weight loss "hacks" and learning nothing lasting and yo-yo behavior.

Maybe I'm projecting, but that was my experience with weight loss. Always looking for the gimmick or trick and never really learning anything.

Until I gave up on gimmicks, jump starts, and fads.

You don't need things like this, but moreover, they are counterproductive to the main goal of lasting, sustainable to change that leads to lasting, sustainable weight loss that you maintain for good.

Weight loss like that is not "jump-started" with juice cleanses, it's started with learning how weight loss works, it's started with forming healthy habits, and it's started with getting rid of the idea that you can hack your way into getting rid of a few pounds fast to get yourself "on track".

Managing weight is a life-long commitment. You're never "off track".

People would be much better off if they "jumpstarted" and "cleansed" with the bowel-scouring amount of fiber you get when you do the 800g-of-veg-a-day challenge several of us have done! :D

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10521320/10-a-day-800g-veggie-fruit-challenge-participants-check-in/p1

I just do NOT get why people are so set on stripping out their fiber, whether it is eating ultra-processed foods on one hand, or doing juicing "cleanses" on the other hand. It makes zero nutritional sense and is completely irrational. If you eat enough fiber, you're not going to be doing much snackin'.

Stripping out healthy fiber is one of many reasons why I no longer juice. I do make fruit/veggie/protein smoothies almost every day, blending it all in my food processor. So filling!

I love smoothies too...although I have kind of gotten sick of them so haven't done them for a while. I have a bunch of collards and kale giving me accusatory glares in the garden so maybe I should start rotating them back in.
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So according to you Snickerscharlie- what is the solution to my plateau? Should I decrease my calorie intake as many articles suggested? Should I increase my calories? Please do tell me what I need to do.

• OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    MossiO wrote: »
    Well, we'll still be here for you when this doesn't work and you're even more frustrated, and possibly, weigh more.

Meh, speak for yourself :p