Airing of grievances, regrets, kudos, pats on the back, and I told ya so's

Options

Replies

• rabbyduby
    rabbyduby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    what is the etiquette? If you invite someone over for dinner, do you the host ask them to bring something or do you wait for the guest to offer? Now I grew up knowing you wait for the guest to offer and then say yes or no however every time my sister in law invites us over she is always asking for us to bring something and i get so irritated about it but can't seem to find a way to tell her. I never ask her to bring anything when i invite her over hoping she would get a clue. Am i wrong for feeling this way?
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    rabbyduby wrote: »
    what is the etiquette? If you invite someone over for dinner, do you the host ask them to bring something or do you wait for the guest to offer? Now I grew up knowing you wait for the guest to offer and then say yes or no however every time my sister in law invites us over she is always asking for us to bring something and i get so irritated about it but can't seem to find a way to tell her. I never ask her to bring anything when i invite her over hoping she would get a clue. Am i wrong for feeling this way?

I usually just say "bring food or don't bother coming".
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options

I always take a bottle of wine for the host but usually drink it on my way there. It's the thought that counts? Best intentions, *kitten* results?

A good host would congratulate your efforts. Plus you could stick a candle in the empty bottle and make it all atmospheric.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

I always take a bottle of wine for the host but usually drink it on my way there. It's the thought that counts? Best intentions, *kitten* results?

This is why one always buys TWO bottles of wine on the way to the dinner party. Amateur.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Grievance...

When mfp members have little battles and I don't get it. Explain what is going on for those of us who don't know.
    Clearly you want an audience, and I love drama!

Well it all started when...
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    Grievance...

When mfp members have little battles and I don't get it. Explain what is going on for those of us who don't know.

Yes! Do continue please!

I'm here listening, waiting.

The elusive man drama is something I especially look forward to. It's like a jackpot that can only be topped by a super fun troll thread that gets everyone all riled up.
  • JLAJ81
    Options
    Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

The elusive man drama is something I especially look forward to. It's like a jackpot that can only be topped by a super fun troll thread that gets everyone all riled up.

Then all of a sudden someone...
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!
    Pretty sure this is how awesome rumors start...with a few fill in the blanks!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

In all honesty it started because I was a big jerk. I started talking to two people around the same time. As friends at first and both relationships grew past that. I lied to both people and hurt both of them. One of the hurt parties told a friend because she can and wanted to. The issue was the friend decided to share this info with other people and try to label me as a bad guy.

*kitten* ..you had 2 others ... :sad: but you said I was the only one :'(

Kudos for coming clean..even though my widdle heart is bwoken
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

In all honesty it started because I was a big jerk. I started talking to two people around the same time. As friends at first and both relationships grew past that. I lied to both people and hurt both of them. One of the hurt parties told a friend because she can and wanted to. The issue was the friend decided to share this info with other people and try to label me as a bad guy.

Oh, I'm sorry.

I like drama, and excitement...but I don't like personal gossip. I respect privacy.

I didn't mean to make light of your situation, that really sucks.
  • JLAJ81
    Options
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

But baby you my gurl down under
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

Oh, I'm sorry.

I like drama, and excitement...but I don't like personal gossip. I respect privacy.

Nothing to apologize for. I have no problem admitting my faults. Also I'm not a serious person make light all you want!

(Pm me for the good stuff)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

But baby you my gurl down under
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

Oh, I'm sorry.

Nothing to apologize for. I have no problem admitting my faults. Also I'm not a serious person make light all you want!

(Pm me for the good stuff)

giphy.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

A good host would congratulate your efforts. Plus you could stick a candle in the empty bottle and make it all atmospheric.

A great host would say, time for shots now!
    Debating whether or not to blow off the fitness goals on fight night and just get the tequila or not...
    I am hosting after all...