Airing of grievances, regrets, kudos, pats on the back, and I told ya so's

Options

Replies

• JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    My grievance is that @JLAJ81 only had two girls he was talking to. Most people on here are in the double digits.

It's grown quit a bit but you know that because you just sent me my daily noodz.

WHAT? When she sent me my daily noodz this morning she told me I was the only one that gets to see them today. Heartbroken.. :'(:#

Airing of grievances....@meeseeksanddestroy only sends me pictures of bananas

The pics she sends me have bananas in them too
  • rabbyduby
    rabbyduby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    rabbyduby wrote: »
    what is the etiquette? If you invite someone over for dinner, do you the host ask them to bring something or do you wait for the guest to offer? Now I grew up knowing you wait for the guest to offer and then say yes or no however every time my sister in law invites us over she is always asking for us to bring something and i get so irritated about it but can't seem to find a way to tell her. I never ask her to bring anything when i invite her over hoping she would get a clue. Am i wrong for feeling this way?

Etiquette is different from culture to culture. Some see bringing food as an insult, and some see not bringing food as an insult. My solution: "Do you want me to bring anything?".. If the answer is no, wine it is, if non drinkers flowers.

I agree . My issue is I would actually ask/offer (i don't mind at all) to bring something if given the chance but i guess my grievance is she does the asking before i get to offer.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    My grievance is that @JLAJ81 only had two girls he was talking to. Most people on here are in the double digits.

It's grown quit a bit but you know that because you just sent me my daily noodz.

WHAT? When she sent me my daily noodz this morning she told me I was the only one that gets to see them today. Heartbroken.. :'(:#

WAIT! You too????

Don't even! Damn it!
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    What's kik?

An app where married people share recipes

Like pintrest but with more 'progress'?

You get it
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    What's kik?

Yep. You can send pics of every step of the process. Videos too.

You can even live chat of you making the recipe.

Ummm...so I have heard
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    What's kik?

Yep. You can send pics of every step of the process. Videos too.

You can even live chat of you making the recipe.

Ummm...so I have heard

Wait, do these have to be keto recipes?

Some people really will try to sweet talk you into doing keto recipes...

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Buttering a biscuit isn't a keto recipe I'm pretty sure.

Mmmm biscuits and butter.. Now I am hungry.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    A pat on the back for resisting a package of Reese's Sticks on my desk so long (probably 6 months) that the "best by" date has passed. And a grievance against the train of thought that I should eat them now because chocolate really doesn't have an infinite shelf life.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    rabbyduby wrote: »
    what is the etiquette? If you invite someone over for dinner, do you the host ask them to bring something or do you wait for the guest to offer? Now I grew up knowing you wait for the guest to offer and then say yes or no however every time my sister in law invites us over she is always asking for us to bring something and i get so irritated about it but can't seem to find a way to tell her. I never ask her to bring anything when i invite her over hoping she would get a clue. Am i wrong for feeling this way?

It depends. If you are hosting something more formal, they should probably think to bring a bottle of wine unless you don't drink, or they could ask. If it's totally informal, especially with many people, it's fine to go potluckish. I usually say "food and beverage contributions appreciated but not obligated" and then we have a good assortment of stuff for everyone. I have a habit of bringing homemade bread because for one thing I'm really good at it and for another it doesn't cost me a lot to make... I don't have a lot of money so that's a thing.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    A pat on the back for resisting a package of Reese's Sticks on my desk so long (probably 6 months) that the "best by" date has passed. And a grievance against the train of thought that I should eat them now because chocolate really doesn't have an infinite shelf life.

Send them to me. I will dispose of them responsibly.

I'll drop them in the mail - hopefully I don't tear into them on the way to the box. It's disturbing just how much I'm drawn to them now that I know about that 6/2017 best by date.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Small pat on the back for finally weeding the front yard. I despise weeding (but it's a requirement for the place I live) and depression makes getting up and around to those chores difficult sometimes. I finally decided that the morning was nice enough and that I ought to do it before all that rain from Harvey gets here later this week.

So yay, one less thing to do for awhile.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Small pat on the back for finally weeding the front yard. I despise weeding (but it's a requirement for the place I live) and depression makes getting up and around to those chores difficult sometimes. I finally decided that the morning was nice enough and that I ought to do it before all that rain from Harvey gets here later this week.

So yay, one less thing to do for awhile.

Speaking of Harvey, have you ever seen this movie?

zecigkndrfbh.jpg

Elwood P. Dowd (James Stewart) is a wealthy drunk who starts having visions of a giant rabbit named Harvey.