September 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Ugh. @JessicaMcB you're making me feel lazy again. I only did 14 miles. I might have to go out and do 12 more tomorrow just so i do t feel like a complete slob.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    9/15 rest
    9/16 3m hilly
    September total: 35.2 of 65 miles

2017 Goal: Beat 20-yr-old PR (29:32)
    *Oct: Apple Harvest 5k
    *Nov: Movember 5k
    *Dec: Mitten Run 5k

In New Hampshire for a family weekend. Three miles in the mountains on a warm day, followed by a swim in the hotel’s outdoor pool, which was miraculously still open this far into September. So great.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn we both know I have a triathlon watch I need to feel like I earned! lol.

@katharmonic I'm glad you've at least indirectly talked about it. The reality of being a crazy person runner is that I have yet to have anyone want to run a full race with me! I think it would be interesting!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn we both know I have a triathlon watch I need to feel like I earned! lol.
    Ahahahahahahahahaha... I'll be earning my tri watch in 5 weeks.... That race is the whole reason I bought it. Seriously, you are going to suck.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @BruinsGal_91 Great race today! Congrats on the 3rd in your AG.
    @elise4270 the under amour shorts I wear have a tie so they stay in place :smile:

The XC meet was good for the team, boys finished 1st place the girls in 2nd place. What a *kitten* course, I warned Coach it would be. About 2.8 miles of gravel and .3 miles of back top, zero shade and about 3 person wide. Every kid there (and Coaches were saying never again). It was the this school's first meet and they are in our district so they called our school and asked us to run it. Skip is having senior *kitten* year and really struggling. Today she ran 24 something and at one point came to a complete stop on the course. I was like WTF she stood there woozie for a few seconds and went on, earlier in the race she came off the course a bit and ran into my friend. She doesn't remember either of these things happening. She had a bagel with peanut butter for breakfast about 2.5 hours before the race and a half of protein bar 45 mins before. Maybe it's an electrolyte issue so now she's drinking water with electrolyte stuff in it. It was definitely not and with no shade really barely made it bearable.

I took a rest day today and I think I might take one tomorrow, one of my best friends is in town from Florida so we have lots planned for tomorrow.

• navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    2.8 miles today, and planning on 2.8 tomorrow. I wish it would cool down so I could maybe sleep past 4 am and not try to cram everything in before work. I work in retail, so there's no weekends off. :(

25.74 miles/40 miles goal
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB you are an awesome and full-on crazy person! Just go out and run a chill 80k, you say. At that pace! Before lunch! I can't even begin to imagine. Very impressed.

Thanks also @JessicaMcB, @PastorVincent, @Runningmischka for the advice re: my friend and I running the race. We have talked about it indirectly and I know she's already expecting we won't run the whole thing together - but I think the approach of saying directly that I'm going to run my race, love to have you keep up as long as you can, then I'll see you at the end and we'll celebrate. She tends to start fast but I know she has that on her mind to help both of us not to start too fast so she'll be good to have in the beginning for sure.

"We have talked about it indirectly" -- Maybe it is cause I am a guy, but I think I personally would appreciate a serious direct talk that is clear. :) Whatever your run plan is, I would just be clear. That way there are no hard feelings at the finish line.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Looks like another schedule forced rest day. Might try again to run after supper. This is why I plan to run EVERY DAY because I can not count on being able to run ANY DAY. Some weeks I knock down 6 or 7 days, others 1 or 2. *sigh*

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    ariceroni wrote: »
    *sigh* forgot my watch. Why should I even bother to run today since it will not mean anything with out the watch to tell me how slow and fat I am?

@PastorVincent I know that feeling! Once I managed to forget my watch for a race, and I honestly almost just went home haha. I ended up running it anyways, but it was so bewildering because I had no idea how fast/slow I was going! I would vote for the "do the run later" option. Or better yet, donuts!

9ff0egru240y.png

Y'all are making my hungry for donuts! Especially that one from the state fair. I thought only Texan's ate ridiculous things at the state fair!

Real Texans only eat "Texas" sized doughnuts:
    uys0kprepzy5.jpg
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn its going to be a glorious crash and burn- as previously discussed I will be eaten by bears lol.

Poor Skip @skippygirlsmom ! At least everyone is united in their never again sentiments but it sucks that they chose it for her senior year :/

@kristinegift that is such a cute race shirt- congrats on a donut well earned and to your fast moving roommate! She must've been running faster to secure herself a PBR ;)

Congrats on the PR @NikolaosKey !

@amymoreorless way to inspire a 90's flashback! In primary school they would let us order Texas donuts once a semester and it was a big freaking deal :D
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    @NikolaosKey Congratulations on the race and on the PR!! Awesome 10K time :smile:

@kristinegift sounds like a really tough race! Congratulations on finishing, I saw the elevation profile on Strava and wow it looked pretty brutal! I love the shirt and mug, too cute
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @kristinegift great job in the heat. Congrats to your friend on her super race. I love the shirt and of course the food, the vanilla with sprinkles is my favorite donut. yummy! Maybe you can run all downhill tomorrow.

@JessicaMcB thanks - I tried my best to talk coach out of it because I knew the course sucked, but when the athlete director "recommends" a coach do something no one cares when I think LOL
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thank you guys for the support. It means ALOT!!

@kristinegift congrats for your beautiful trail race.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @NikolaosKey congrats on your race!
    @ariceroni Chicago bound! W00T! You got this!
    @skippygirlsmom Ugh. What a race.
    @kristinegift Congrats on completing a tough race!