9/2 = Rest Day
    9/3 = 16.5 miles (run/walk intervals)
    9/4 = 8.5 miles and a Hatha yoga class
    9/5 = Camp Gladiator class
    9/6 = 6 miles and 45 minutes strength training
    9/7 = 10.5 miles
    9/8 = 7 miles
    9/9 = rest day
    9/10 = 13.5 miles (run/walk intervals with running group)
    9/11 = 8 easy miles and 30 minutes strength training
    9/12 = Vinyasa yoga class & 3 mile walk with the puppy and hubby
    9/13 = 8 miles
    9/14 = 7 miles and Camp Gladiator class
    9/15 = 3 miles (and a long 6 hour car ride)
    9/16 = 6 miles hiking (up a mountain)
    9/17 = rest day (and another long 6 hour car ride)
    9/18 = 13 miles
    9/19 = sick day
    9/20 = 8 slow miserable miles
    9/21 = 7 miles
    9/22 = 11 miles
    9/23 = rest day
    9/24 = 13 miles
    9/25 = 8 miles and 30 minutes strength training
    9/26 = vinyasa yoga class

156.5/175 (September goal miles)

Upcoming Races:
    10/28 = Hill Country Halloween Half Marathon
    12/10 = BCS Marathon
    1/6/18 = River Road Run Half Marathon
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @JessicaMcB you're killing it! Taper after this week? I forgot that you race a week before me....ugh, 3 and a half weeks is too far away for me!

Yes and its going to test my will to live -_- . I love the training process but taper is awful
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @JessicaMcB you're killing it! Taper after this week? I forgot that you race a week before me....ugh, 3 and a half weeks is too far away for me!

Yes and its going to test my will to live -_- . I love the training process but taper is awful

I'm with you on that.... I'm looking at maybe a week and a half taper.... the slightly lower volume allows me to get away with that...LOL.... If/when I go for a 100 though, taper is going to suck.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 where is Roots and Ruts out of?
    Made goal slightly ahead of target. Didn't realize how many days on I've run in the last little while until yesterday- probably going to take tomorrow off.

616.5/600km [/b]

@JessicaMcB Roots and Ruts is in Grande Prairie, at the far south end of the city where the residential development ends and the un-developed park area is located - adjacent to the ball diamonds. One of the nice things about it is the Ball Diamond Facilities - Washrooms and Showers are located in the food concession building along with an outdoor Gazebo area for visiting/metals etc. Its one of my favorite events, due to the Terrain challenges, Lots of short steep hills, twisting and turning through the trees, ducking under trees, jumping other ones, some swampy sections, two crossings of bear creek. The atmosphere is fantastic, and it was the first event I ever did outside my hometown so that always makes it special. The start is a little congested - but that is pretty much normal for events unless you have a full road to go out on. One year I hope to get a decent event photo. 3 events in September, 8 photo's and not a decent one.
    You have destroyed your monthly goal, that would take me 3-4 months.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    My HAWAIIANS LOVE S.P.A.M. (Skin Protection Against Melanoma) stuff is here!

I got my packet yesterday too! I'm not opening it until after I've run it. :wink:

Non-running update.
    Ugh... Hate not being "a runner".

Slowly my r. piriformis is easing up. I'm still concerned about this tendonitis in my foot- on the fence over new shoes or just use kt tape. (Does it bother anyone else to say "KT tape"- kineso tape tape? Just KT right?) I'm sure it's hip driven, not foot/shoe. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can run the quarter marathon without heinous repercussions. But then I'd be lame for my doc's visit... just you don't hate it when you show up and are having a really good day?

I may give in a phone the pt. I could use a steroid shot in the piriformis, butt the pain from the shot was a 9.7/10. I'm reluctant to resigning to that option. (10 is barfing). And that's not an option until November- if my awesome doc wants to go that route. I think if I keep stretching it may ease up... sometimes that relief is deceptive.

Our YMCA is almost done... I can not wait to get back to swimming before work!!!

Just keep running!
  • Dcorrick
    Dcorrick Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Did our first football game at son's college. He's at the "other" college from the one wife and I attended, and daughter attends, so it was all new. 14 hours of R/T driving and a stop to check on the flooded weekend place, so no running for the long weekend. Not much chance of making my 50 mile goal, but I'm calling for a hurricane exemption! Back in town, and getting some runs in. Kind of suspended my plan, with a Monday long run and some attempts at speed this morning. Hoping I can pull off a dawn beach run tomorrow before work, as the low tide finally got back to where I can do that. More travel coming this weekend and next week, so October will likely not start well, either.

exercise.png
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @elise4270 Sorry you can't run :( I've wondered about the KT tape also. It should just be "KT" or "K Tape". Because saying "KT tape" is sort of redundant if you know what the T stands for. And if you don't know what the T stands for, you definitely don't know what the K stands for, in which case, it should be called kineso tape. Ha!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @elise4270 Sorry you can't run :( I've wondered about the KT tape also. It should just be "KT" or "K Tape". Because saying "KT tape" is sort of redundant if you know what the T stands for. And if you don't know what the T stands for, you definitely don't know what the K stands for, in which case, it should be called kineso tape. Ha!

While technically correct that KT Tape is redundant, "KT" has become a KIND of tape in general use, and no longer really means the acronym, but is an adjective in and of itself. This is fairly normal for English. So "KT Tape" is fine in general use. :):smiley:
  • greenolivetree
    Options

While technically correct that KT Tape is redundant, "KT" has become a KIND of tape in general use, and no longer really means the acronym, but is an adjective in and of itself. This is fairly normal for English. So "KT Tape" is fine in general use. :):smiley:

I hear ya. It also bothers me when people say "cheese nachos". Is there another kind of nachos that don't involve cheese? There probably is. Oh yes, I recall seeing "apple nachos" online. SMH
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Strava requests Scott Smith? Are you here? I'm glad we have interest in the group!
  • Elise4270
    Options

I hear ya. It also bothers me when people say "cheese nachos". Is there another kind of nachos that don't involve cheese? There probably is. Oh yes, I recall seeing "apple nachos" online. SMH

What?? Nachos without cheese? Blasphemy! LOL! I like apples and cheese. But I think I'm not interested in them on nachos... I'll hafta think on that one.

I did load up my bike today. So I can pretend to run. :wink:
  • Elise4270
    Options

Wait? So should I call it KTT then? Hahahaha!
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    3 more miles under my non-existent belt. :smile: The cool air was much appreciated!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Wait? So should I call it KTT then? Hahahaha!

Sure! Go for it! We will all laugh at you and have a good time! Err... I mean with you of course. ;)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 that sounds so fun I'm going to look at that for next season as a chill event post LSU. And I feel you on the event photos! Basically every photo I have from this year makes me wonder why my husband even married me :D

@Elise4270 sorry about your piri- hip pain is some BS I am no stranger to. You're brave staring down shots gaaaaaah!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @juliet3455 where is Roots and Ruts out of?
    Made goal slightly ahead of target. Didn't realize how many days on I've run in the last little while until yesterday- probably going to take tomorrow off.

616.5/600km [/b]

@JessicaMcB Roots and Ruts is in Grande Prairie, at the far south end of the city where the residential development ends and the un-developed park area is located - adjacent to the ball diamonds. One of the nice things about it is the Ball Diamond Facilities - Washrooms and Showers are located in the food concession building along with an outdoor Gazebo area for visiting/metals etc. Its one of my favorite events, due to the Terrain challenges, Lots of short steep hills, twisting and turning through the trees, ducking under trees, jumping other ones, some swampy sections, two crossings of bear creek. The atmosphere is fantastic, and it was the first event I ever did outside my hometown so that always makes it special. The start is a little congested - but that is pretty much normal for events unless you have a full road to go out on. One year I hope to get a decent event photo. 3 events in September, 8 photo's and not a decent one.
    You have destroyed your monthly goal, that would take me 3-4 months.

That sounds like an awesome run! Wish we had something like that here!
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    @elise4270 The apple nachos don't involve chips OR cheese! Just thinly sliced apples with so much stuff piled on top to completely negate choosing fruit for a snack. :D Also, I expect you to say "KTT" from now on!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for September

9/1 REST DAY
    9/2 12 miles - 12
    9/3 REST DAY
    9/4 LABOR DAY LAZINESS
    9/5 8 miles - 20
    9/6 4 miles - 24
    9/7 10 miles - 34
    9/8 3.1 miles - 37.1