WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Speaking of my cortisone shot . . .

So the doc gave me the shot, after detailing all the horrible possible side effects, then said, "Ice it tomorrow. And if it works, you should start feeling better on Saturday. So here's to a pain-free weekend!"

IF IT WORKS???????? :unamused: Where's Katla's blue grumbling mutterer emoji?

Oh, and he's been in Oregon a little over a year and is moving to Arizona in October. :anguished: And I was just getting used to him. Even if he is sometimes a sarcastic so and so.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

I had cortisone shots in my knees a couple of times, and they absolutely did a big fat nothing. :( Sorry, its different for everyone tho, I know some say it helped them for a long time.

Janetr OKC
  • sisterdisco66
    sisterdisco66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What a crazy week. I am so glad it's Friday! I leave for Mexico Sunday and I am a little stressed. My fiance will be taking care of the house, which means my newly acquired nephews as well. Oh please pray!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Wendy, you have some beautiful horses.

I'm trying to catch up, but am so far behind. Fly by hi to everyone.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    What a crazy week. I am so glad it's Friday! I leave for Mexico Sunday and I am a little stressed. My fiance will be taking care of the house, which means my newly acquired nephews as well. Oh please pray!

Ah. Where in Mexico are you going? We are going to Cabo for New Year's.

Will be praying for your guy and the boys. I'm sure they will be fine.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Wendy, Esmeralda is a beautiful unicorn in the form of a horse to other people. Bring up my two girls, I definitely know what unicorns are. Their rooms were filled with them, shelves had them covering and even wall paper of which I still have small pieces of after we painted their room when they grow up. I hope you never have to grow up and give up your unicorn. This crazy world we live in needs some unicorns.

Joyce, ndiana
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    at work LOL.

Wendy: gorgeous horses!!! If you look quickly the horse at the top of the first pic appears to be a unicorn with a fence thing (I think) appearing to stick out of his head!
    Meg from drizzly Omaha

MEG You are obviously another special person with the ability to see the usually invisible horns.

<3 Wendy
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    evening dear friends~
    I am home and in my p.j.s., I have so much to do in the next 2 days but trying not to stress..
    i spoke with the landlord and he told me to call the carpet people and they came over and put deodorizer on it, and it smells much better, but if it doesn't rain will air it out with windows and patio door open..
    im going to try and get all the small stuff out tomorrow, so all the younger guys have to do is get the big stuff.Took monday off from work to try and sort out some stuff.
    I have all sorts of bumps and bruises from moving stuff..
    having some sleepytime tea and will probably try and get to sleep early...
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Felicity, I had a few cortisone shots. Some have worked and some have not. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones.

Lenora, family can be both a blessing and a curse. I only have one sister and we don't talk. She has some mental issues which I normally wouldn't have a problem with. However, she thinks she is fine. My mom and I always thought she could be bipolar. I just can't be around her as I never know when she will lash out. She once said to my husband "why don't you go back to Cuba". When my dad was in his 80s, she once got him down on the kitchen floor and told him if he got up she would kill him. He had gone into the kitchen because she had my mom backed up against the stove. They let her live with them for years and this was haw she treated them? I can't forgive this. My parents couldn't have been better parents. When our uncle died I emailed her to let her know. She called me and was ok that time. If anything were to happen to her, I'm not sure my niece would let me know. My mom had my niece and her family move in with her when my dad died. She was going to give them the house when she died. She got made at my sister one day when she was at the house. My niece told my sister to get out of the house and "take her with you" (meaning my mom). At the time my mom was dying of cancer and only had 6 months to live! So family is difficult.

Patrice, I'll cross my finger for you. Enjoy Mexico.

Mary, Looks like you had a good time at the Grand Canyon.

Wendy, beautiful horse!

Mia, I think that the person who died wishes should be respected no matter what. Would they want to have a budist funeral. I would be angry.

Terry
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Mia how very sad, had she expressed her wishes in writing and the kids just ignored them?
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    Well, paid rent, bills AND medical insurance! Sending the two boxes to our new Navy sailor son set us back $160, so we are slim this month, until son pays us back. Our budget is $86 a week for groceries, gas, and laundry quarters! This month there seems to be 3 doctor appointments, so more gas money than normal. Breathe Becca breathe!

Chatted with my Nuke son this morning. The antibiotics are helping, and his chest isn't as achy! He says its so strange, because when he meets an Officer, or Chief they are so nice. I told him all the Chiefs and Officers in boot camp are mean and bossy, because they want you to respect them! I told him it worked, because he is now so amazed. I said to my son, they put their uniform on one leg at a time like you!

My son has limited duty now, so at least come Monday, he won't be stuck in his room all day. He had a nice routine though, going to the galley early, getting a takeout breakfast, then waiting for "sick call" to open up. He would get eggs, bacon, so he munched on that while waiting. Then after that, he would go to the galley again, but just get coffee and doughnuts! At least I know his pneumonia isn't interfering with his appetite! This weekend he'll be able to just chill out! He might buy a carafe style coffee maker for his room!

Well down a lb since hearing he had pneumonia, and now! Also fixing my soup and eating that has helped!

Husband DID break his toe last Monday, when he fell off the last step of our stairway! He has meds for that, and I am taping his big toe to the next one.

Meanwhile I'm still healthy, haha!

Middle son got his cookies in the mail! He was so happy!

Eldest son miss counted the years left to serve in the Navy! He thought he was getting out Oct 2018, but that is his rotation date. So come January he will be calling his detailer and seeing what's available. We told him to take Japan, if offered! He would love it, and it only 2 years. We would still get a home together this next March, when his apartment lease is up. He would be paying to have us keep an eye out for his stuff, and store it. We on the other hand would get a home, near a Navy Base, and soo love it!
    Well loving the animal pics!
    Be well all!
    Becca
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Mia, I'm so sorry that your friend's wishes were not honored, and condolences on your loss.

Allie, I'm getting excited for you.

I'm trying so hard to get back on the program. Sometimes you just get tired of the struggle, you know? It does help to look back over how far I've come and realize that it is worth it.

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Cool, cloudy day with just a little rain. I got to the Y today to do water exercise. Eating has gone fairly well. I had to laugh at Orville the goat today. He saw me coming with food and was trying to run and bleat with leaves sticking out both sides of his mouth. Quite a feat!

Mary - Prayers of thanks for your two healthy little ones.

Janetr - I love that red and white ornament. It should go to someone with a January birthday, it reminds me of garnets.

Katla - Sorry if I sounded upset with my mom. I was not. My nephew was going to pick her up in the early afternoon so we were sitting around waiting for him. Otherwise my mom would have sat out on the gazebo with a book or her sewing while I was working outside, but she did not want to start something thinking he would be there anytime. We finally had dinner about 5:30 and he did not show up until after 8:00 pm. I am very thankful she is still with us.

Terry - I love your quote about the clean house.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Wendy - I love the water bucket idea, Water part of the garden with a bucket and get paid too…

Mary – I know the kettle ball has been great for you, and I’ve watched the videos, but just can’t figure out the weight part… I did find a video on a build one yourself kettle ball so you could buy and add weights… what weight did you start at…

Barbie – so my local big 5 doesn’t have weights at all (mostly ski stuff), but am looking at amazon, thanks for the lead, I thought shipping would be ridiculous so had not looked there.

Terry – I’ve lost 30 lbs too and have more to go, but it does feel like a new you.. 30lbs is a lot! You go girl!

Mary – congrats on two additions to the family!

Katla – I agree with Felicia that it not right, and yet I find myself occasionally in these dilemma’s and not really sure, as if you let the office know they may let her go, and you love her as an instructor….

Mia – I agree!

Honestly gals I don’t really get the physics of carrying a bucket of water, or doing arm and shoulder movements and having it work my core – upper arm and shoulder sure, but core? The kettle ball has the bending and lifting, but maybe I’m doing everything all wrong but I naturally tense my arms, shoulders, neck and my belly comes along for the ride….

Levi’s ear infection has improved, one more round of meds and that’s good.
    Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 new gym- 7.30min, 135mhr, 11.8amph. 1.4mi= 74c
    apple watch- 62c
    *manual* TREADMILL jog- 35min, 149mhr, 148ahr, 14.53min mi, 2.35 = 223c
    apple watch- 227c
    ROWING MACHINE- 15min, 56aw, 125mhr, 101mhr, 2461meters-mi.= 67c
    apple watch- 82c
    *new* arm ski machine- 136mhr, 101c
    apple watch- 104c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.05min, 14.4amph, 127mhr, 1.4mi= 53c
    appple watch- 47c
    ride bike puy 2 sumn sta- 15.44min, 142mhr, 11.5amph, 3mi= 141c
    apple watch- 121c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.05min, 143mhr, 9.42min mi, .5mi= 61c
    apple watch- 54c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.19min, 11.05min mi, windy, 141mhr,, holding plate, .4mi = 77c
    apple watch- 59c
    ride dome 2 hm- WINDY, 21.15min, 7.2amph, 149mhr, 2.5mi = 215c
    apple watch- 140c

total cal 1012