Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Joyce, I’ll be thinking about you while you are on your restrictive diet.

Dana, darling grand kids. They could both be models.

Toni, I’m so proud of you. I know it wasn’t easy but glad it’s behind you. Now to move forward. ((((Hugs))))

Janetr, Just Beautiful. There is nothing else to say.

Chris, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often.

Michele, I would ask those people who they are and how they know you. I have done that when I get a random request.

Gloria, sorry for your bummer of a day. I hear you about “kids” and waiting until the last minute for things. I hope you enjoy your day tomorrow.

Wendy, I hope you don’t get that bug that’s going around. *fingers crossed*

NYKaren, do you mean that pickles on my cheeseburger aren’t a vegetable???? free-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Mary, Ouwie! so sorry about that pole jumping out in front of you. Who was driving??? LOL Glad you made it there so relax and enjoy.

Felecia, congrats on your loss! Keep up the good work.

Heather, your lunch with your friend sounds lovely. I’m sorry to hear you are still coughing. You just need to go ahead and get over that.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I went to the dentist this morning. On the way home I went to Aldi to pick up a few things. While I was out I filled the car with gas as I only had half a tank. Then I decided if we did have to evacuate I should go by the bank and get some cash. Now I shouldn’t have to make any other trips out before the storm hits, if it does. It is such a big one that we don’t plan to stay here if it comes this way. At this point no one knows exactly what route it will take so we don’t know what we will end up doing. Thanks for all the well wishes and I am praying for everyone in its path. My thoughts and prayers are also with everyone out west affected by the fires and the people in Texas still suffering the effects of Harvey. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    OMG I just read 177 posts and had replied to a bunch of you and then lost my whole post. AAAARRGGGHHHHHHH!

LOVE YOU ALL

Karen in Virginia

As my oldest daughter is fond of saying, Poop!!!

Thank you so much on the ornaments <3

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Terry in Vt that is too much snow!!!

Thanks for what you said about "losing who you were" when you lost weight. I lost 125#, when I tried on a beautiful coat my husband had bought me for Christmas that I had never worn, I looked like a little girl playing dress up in my Mom's clothes. I broke down and sobbed. When I have tried to explain to anyone how I felt like I had lost a good friend (me) no one understands. You are the only other person I have ever heard say this. Some how you made me feel better.

Thank you.

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    Options
    I got a request from Vincesep1, the little troll. But DON'T tell Heather' s hubby, he'll say "I told you so" Lol

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Janet #1Thank you, so much.

Janetr okc
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of deep water today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Body Pump DVD

Toni - I'm so sorry you had to go thru that, but it doesn't sound like it was nasty. Our condo is in Titusville. I know Vince is worried about it. He was up this morning (as his usual when he's worried about something) checking the Weather Channel. You are being so understanding and helpful to your husband.

Chris in Salt Lake City - welcome! The only strategy that I've come up with for me when I "fall off the wagon", is that I tell myself that I really don't need what ever it is and then find something to do with my hands. My hardest thing is when I come home hungry, I tend to grab the first thing I see which is usually cake or something not so great. I try to have healthy snacks available, but sometimes I just can't get to it to prepare them.

M in Oz - I don't think I'm even going to be bothered to ask these people how they know me. If they truly want to be a "friend", they'll contact me again.

Heather and Lisa - at least you HAVE an IP. I'm not even that far.

Mary - glad you made it safely. Rude pole, that's all I can say

katla - I don't like to accept friend invitations from people except those on here. However, I'm always afraid that I don't recognize a name but they are really on here. It might be someone new who needs a helping hand, who knows? I have my old crock pot down at the condo. It's so old that the crock doesn't come out even. But for how often it gets used down there, it'll do.

Carol - I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to be looking on the outside wishing you could help.

Wendy - I will be wearing my MIL's ring. That will help remind me of how strong she was and that I can be, too. Hope your tummy bug moved on to greener pastures -- not in you.

It has gotten so cold lately. Went to ceramics tonight then stopped at Lowes Foods, needed to get the icing. I hope it's enough.

Di - I was at Jess' place a few weeks ago and bought some of the Yasso bars, mainly because I wanted to try them. I figured if they weren't good, then I'd just throw them out. If they were, then I'd leave them for Jess. Boy, were they ever good!

Rye - how does your husband feel about BIL's request to "help"? Sounds like he'll be going once a month for three months too

DJ - I'm not even going to spend my time asking those people how they know me. I don't know them. I'm betting they're trolls, especially since Beth and Janet got an invites.

Exercised and then got the oil in my car changed. The Aldi near me finally reopened (they were closed for remodeling). They have bananas on sale -- 29cents a pound. You can bet I stocked up. Put quite a few in the freezer. Came home, we got a new heat pump so Vince stayed home while they installed it, I went to ceramics since I needed to go to the food store.

Michele in NC
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    We had a thunderstorm blow in last night. Big, loud, windy... thunder and lightening. A little frightening. More so than Hurricane Harvey, The thunderstorm moved thru quickly. But - we lost power at 1am. Tree fell on the lines down the road. Fired up the generator. Power lasted until 4am when the generator quit. Then - we couldn't get it started again. Hubby says he thinks the gas might have been too old. Power restored at 10:45am this morning. It was a long, hot night. I went back to bed and slept until 4pm!

Then... Tried resetting the clock on our Kenmore electric range - but it converted to Judaism. It's stuck in "Sabbath mode" (Yes, that's a thing on appliances.) - until I figure out the right combination of buttons to push to disarm it.
    ...I think it's a sign...

The Sabbath feature - shuts down all features except for baking - and sets the oven so that it remains on continuously - over-riding the 12-hour safety cut-off time. The oven temperature may be set higher or lower after setting the Sabbath feature. (The oven temperature adjustment feature should be used only during Jewish holidays.)

As I understand it - during the Sabbath - one must refrain from turning on or off anything which uses electricity, including lights, radios, television, computer, air-conditioners and alarm clocks - and refrain from cooking, baking or kindling a fire. So one does the prep work before the Sabbath... including turning in the oven and leaving it on in continuos cooking mode - through the Sabbath. Very interesting.

Anyway... the instructions in our product manual - press and hold the set/timer button until it beeps and shows --Hrs - didn't work. Unplugging it - didn't work. Other button combos to disengage the Sabbath function in similar models... didn't work. Standing on one foot while patting my head and rubbing my tummy... didn't work,

So... my options as I see them.... convert to Judaism or call Sears and tell them I need the Catholic range. Guess we'll be happy to have power and have salads!

The good news is: the floor under the oven and the walls around it - are clean now. That was on my list for Friday.

My day was totally screwed up as far as my plans for the day. I was in squirrel mode.

My squirrel brain.... cleaning the side of the oven... my cleaner wasn't cutting it. Went to my box o'cleaners and saw Murphy's oil soap... thought about the white water ring on the table in the living room and went to clean it... saw the dust on the other table and cleaned that table. Maybe these things must be done on the Sabbath?!? (Just kidding.) Went back to the side of the oven... and used my initial cleaner with my thumb nail. It worked!

--Ginger in Texas
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Machka, you have been through a lot of Stress! Good on you for staying so active and quite understand if you're not in the mood!

I have heart issues (have had since I was 4 years old), and always thought that would be my biggest concern as I grew older. I didn't expect 3 cancer situations in 2 years as I approached and turned 50. It has been rather stressful, and in addition to being a mood killer, I've gone through times, over the past couple years, when I've been physically unable to do much in that regard ... not allowed! It also puts a damper on exercise. I feel like I just get going building up my cycling and walking and weights etc. ... and then all of a sudden I'm forced to rest for a few weeks.

M in Oz
  • janetr7476
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    Y’all, I did it! I started back on my strength training program tonight. Right now I’m feeling pleasantly tired all over. I’m hoping to see some real progress with general strength and stability, especially in the knee I smashed last July. Just had to share this little victory!

-Yvonne in TX

Hooray for you!!!! It just feels good, right? <3

Janetr okc
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yvonne in TX You go! I'm just trying to get up and move. I need to do some strength training though. Are you using weights? What are you doing?

--Ginger in Texas
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    ginger ( insert laughing emoji here) you are too funny!

Can't sleep! busy brain thinking of student needs. And DH can't sleep cause DD is flying to Charlotte
    NC for some kind of conference this weekend and he wants her to cancel because of Hurricane Irma. He has not said it to her- just to me and I think it should stay that way. We don't know where this is turning yet and I believe it will be cancelled if it does look bad. But these are the kind of decisions we want her to start making for herself. I don't believe she's flying into harms way.....
    NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    woke up at 2:30 am geesh... my mind is racing.. trying to get things done so that I can move. going to try and pack alot of my clothes that I wont be using, and get my bedroom basically packed up...
    I have to go to court again Monday, going to speak to the lawyer about losing time from work, and getting paid for it.My attorney hasn't heard from his yet, so who knows if they show up.. but the 3 months are up so hopefully we can move forward..I have asked my DD to ask her fiance and his brothers to help me move... I will rent a uhaul truck, but don't want to and cant do it on my own..will be busy today..
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Off to get hair colour done before we go to Rhodes next week. Will check in later

Kate UK <3
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Ginger s0274.gif

Northwesterners Wow, I have been reading about the wildfire you all have been talking about. Heartbreaking and scary. Dangerous for the firefighters. Sounds as if the teenagers playing with fireworks were a bit cavalier from a couple of the first hand reports. You would think a teen living in the Pacific Northwest would have Smokey the Bear sitting on his/her shoulder whispering in his ear! Hard to believe they didn't understand the danger. oqmkhg81f0ah.jpg

Rye My mom was my best friend, too. I still miss her so much my heart hurts.

DJ and others along the Southeast coast: Hurricane Irma. May the Hurricane Fairy protect all of you, whether you evacuate or shelter in place. t112006.gif

Karen in Virginia

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Machka - I was out for a long while before and after my total hysterectomy for dismenorrhagia . I lived alone then and had no sex of any kind for three and a half years. I found my vibrator a life saver. I still use it occasionally and it keeps that sense of myself as a sexual being going. <3

Feeling quite down today, even though I'm looking forward to seeing my friend. I am so fed up with my cough. :s Even though I am two rooms away I woke DH up.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx