WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Michele - How did the shower go today? Been thinking about you and Jess. Hope all went well and you did not 'chew 10-penny nails' all day.

Hope that Will isn't so busy with his job that he is leaving Tami alone this weekend. I had written them an email saying that they way they will 'grieve' will be different and they needed to spend time together in their grief and also alone as well.

Tami says they have no answers to give anybody and they prefer not to even 'talk' about it. I feel so sorry for her for so many reasons. Losing the baby has been hard on all 3 of them. Then, her niece is expecting a baby any day and her mother will be 'pissed' if Tami isn't all up in the celebration. I can understand her not wanting to be around. I felt the same way after my first pregnancy ended. Seemed like everybody else were having babies or had just had them. I did 'not' want to hold their babies. I would just leave - it was just too much to take. Thursday, I had lunch with my BF and in the 45 minutes of sitting in the restaurant saw 3 pregnant women. But, of course, August and September are months where a lot of babies are born due to 'celebrating the New Year'. She said I was just 'more aware' of it.

Would 'like' to talk to Will prior to Tuesday when they go back to the OB - provided she has not actually lost the fetus by then. They may have to wait for a while before going back through IVF, if that is what they choose to do. I think Tami would still prefer a baby over a 'new home'. I'm just praying that their grief period will be short-lived.

Please continue praying for them. Thanks!

Lenora
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    We had a lazy Saturday today. I had a good night of sleep last night. No getting up in the night. I took ZZZ-Quil before bed. I forgot I had some. I may take that a few nights to see if I can get to sleep earlier. Get my sleep back on track.
    I had a lot of household tasks I wanted to do - but I just didn't have much motivation to get after it. Watched a little TV. Read the paper. Drank coffee and visited with Mama. Cooked supper - turkey burger and salad. Added a baked potato for Mama (90). FaceTimed with my sister for an hour. Tidied the kitchen. Appliances are still mutinous. Oven is in Sabbath mode. Dishwasher won't run. Internet still out. Thank you Lord for the working coffee-maker.
    Tomorrow is another day. Think I'll take my Zzz-Quil and go to bed. I've been listening to Stephen King's book 11-23-63. Good listen!
    Prayers for everyone in Irma's path. Stay safe.
    --Ginger in Texas
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    We hve had a good evening. Michelle was over here, went out to supper with us. Her symptoms sound more and more like gall bladder. She is having a Hyda scan on MOnday after an MRI of her knee. So both of us will have a busy Montana and both of us usually sleep late every morning so it is not our normal at all!

Well is have my lime jello all made and ready for tomorrow, my wheat bread out of the freezer so I am ready. I will miss m morning suasage bicuit from McDonalds for breakfast.mi am sure so many of you cringed when I said that but that is how far of fun yo diet I am. I even have it with Coke which is the only soft drink I drink all week. I do drink tea twice a week and then strictly water. I will drink lots of water tomorrow! I looked at the pharmacy receipts for my prep. The normal cost of that stuff is over $100! Of course with insurance it was less $35 but still that is a lot.

No, I a, not going to leave. I just feel a void comes from my part as far as giving support here. I take more than I give. But just the emptiness I felt when Sylvia led, I can't be responsible is I caused any of that.

Christina has this Facebook 'All things in common' where she lives. Everything is free, you give, you receive. So she is going to look for another Cracker Barrel rocking chair so Charlie can be out there just enjoying doing nothing. But I can't imagine him enjoying it. I would like it is he took his harmonica out there. He doesn't know how to play anything but just makes pretty sounds with it. It's relaxing. The cats love it. They stop what they are doing, just stand in front of him and listen.

Christina spent the day in Beckley, W Virginia looking for furniture. The guy she works with and is so generous, has rented a house for the men who work the auger for the men. Christina found the house, went there and arranged the rental and is now decorating it. It's always nice to decorate with so,e one else's credit card. Today she bought beds and kitchen items. They have a TV and folding chairs and that will have to be it until she can go back and search consignment stores for more furniture. I looked at it on Zillow and it's a nice 2300 sq ft home, big kitchen and living room, family room and three bathrooms. They have two guys so there are 2 bathrooms but are enter imtervwing one other man. Compromise! Ellie went with her and enjoyed giving her opinion on things. They are a college town and were picked over as far as furniture for living room.

Lenora, I have a sister in law that had that kind of a pregnancy. I can't pronounce that kind of hyditiform thing. When trying to write it, the spell check made it nudity check! Anyway, you secrete all the hormones of pregnancy, your belly grows, you and your husband and families are planning a baby. And then find out you don't have one. They were heartbroken for years. I was pregnant at the time and didn't want them to know it because I didn't want to make it any harder on them, but Dad had his first open heart surgery and when they came up, I couldn't hide my pregnancy from them. Then their next pregnancy went well but she had to have a C section which actually saved her life. When you deliver, the OB doc has to make sure all the placenta is gone. Well since it was a c section, he was able to visualize the whole placenta. It had some slitpght tears in it as it left some of it against the uterine lining. That would not have been seen if she delivers vaginally.mbut those small pieces of placenta hemorhaged and she almost lost her life. She was in the OB ICU for about two weeks. And Matt, the baby was also in OCU for about a week. So emotionally they said he was the last. Well, she had to have a hysterectomy anyway. So he became an only spoiled child! That led to his addiction to heroin later in life. He is now good!

Night bight, hope some one enjoys a sausage biscuit in the morning for me. The diet allows me to have two eggs and whole wheat bread so I will enjoys that for breakfast.

Joyce, Indiana
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hugs everyone! Will write more tomorrow!
    Becca
  • alylee777
    alylee777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Newbie here. I had a ton of success doing this 3 years ago so I'm back. I started at 178 and now am at 166. My ultimate goal is 150 and to not be pre diabetic. I'm 53 and ready to do this. Thanks and any support is welcome.
    Alyson in So Cal
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi all, we are watching the hurricane on CNN. Praying for all those people who are in harm's way. I managed to get my run in today as the rain stopped. Jock and I ran at Lismore Forest for thirty minutes, then carried on walking the loop track only to find after an hour and a half, only a mile from the carpark, the trail was totally blocked by several large fallen trees. Decided to try to find a path over the mountain through the trees, and what a scary adventure that was. Climbing up mudslides, hanging onto roots, slipping along side of cliffs...realised that 1. nobody knew where I was and 2. there was no cell phone coverage there if I did fall 3. Nobody for forty miles to hear me calling. LOL Decided that I better not fall because no help would come! Was very relieved when I finally hit another trail and made my way back to the carpark. Stay safe everyone. <3 Wendy
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Made it through Pg. 7. Racing to catch up with you ladies but wanting to know what I have been missing while I was away.

Chris- Amazing that you are riding bike again after 49 yrs. You look great!

Yvonne - I am so glad that your people are all accounted for.

Heather - That trio is so cute. Bea looks so happy to be a little lamb.

Will post more later

-Sharon in Smoky Lethbridge.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,167 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka those are cool lights on the back of the blue (?) bike. I've never seen any like that before.

Two taillights and a reflector ... it's a requirement of the Audax riding we do that we have all that. :)

I think the lights are Plant Bike lights.

One of these ... http://ecom1.planetbike.com/tailights.html

This one, I think ...

3034newlogo.jpg

• josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I survived work yesterday but can tell I am having another kidney episode. Back on cranberry and that stuff that turns your pee orange. The day was just lovely yesterday and we also expect it to be great today. It just makes me wonder (and I am grateful) when the weather is so bad/the fires are burning elsewhere. And, of course, Irma isn't likely to come here now.
    I know someone has lost a baby in their family from reading. Words can't tell you how sorry I was to see that. You have such hopes and dreams and then the little one slips away. Please be careful and don't tell them 'it was meant to be' or some other hurtful thing.
    Well, I am going to find paper and read it in bed. Go to church and also to cemetery today. Go to Y and exercise. I also need to clean out the car. This seems like a day to make soup.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Tom just told me we have about 35,000 dollars of insurance on the house in Florida and that's all they will give us because of where we are.dont have the TV on and don't plan on putting it on...
  • Machka9
    Options
    Sunday ...

We walked to the Lady Nelson from a parking lot some distance away, and when we got back there, we went for a ride up the Cycleway and back.

Distance: 27.2 km
    Elevation: 225 m
    Moving Time: 1:24:17
    Elapsed Time 1:29:01
    Speed: Avg: 19.4 km/h | Max: 33.5 km/h

After all the wintery weather we've been having, today was actually relatively nice. :)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, had a better night's rest, my sleep needs to improve, so I'm adding that to my September goals. Planning on more yard work and school work today-not very exciting but there it is.

Welcome Alyson to a great group of women, keep checking in, the accountability works.

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Several years ago when my mom got sick, I left my job and took care of her for many months. Aside from some temp work, I have not been working since then. It is hard - VERY hard to get a job when one can't drive and lives in spread out TX.

The job I heard about (walking/biking distance from where I live) has been posted publicly (yesterday). It is only part time, which probably is a good thing for me since I'm just re-entering the work place - and it is not a stand on my feet all day long job. I applied this morning. I so very much want the job. It has been financially very tight the past few years, and without this job I don't know where we will get the money to continue to contribute to my father's care and meet our own recently drastically increased expenses (home taxes increase of 33+% )

Please send any good thoughts you can spare my way, this job would be such a blessing right now.

Rye

I really hope it works out for you!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
    Morning, day 2 , having breakfast, the green machine for Kirby Schlotterback

ueptgnpd2v3g.jpg
  • Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    xflm1365m7t3.jpg

Who is riding the bicycle with the Brooks saddle?

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Sunday morning! I am still here, busy, busy. Enjoying the pics of Pip and Kirby as they prepare for their ride! And Machka's bike adventures and scenery are stunning as always! Janet adorable great grand niece and her friend! Always nice to see our fur babies bond with our babies! Your ornaments are lovely; those white ones would be stunning on a silver/white/gold decorated tree! Welcome new girls! Karen VA- I saw the "big sister" pic of little Olivia! Congrats! Wow! Babies are a blessing, but so expensive! DD's hubby is already asking for a sibling for Joaquin and DD told him as soon as he makes another 20k/year ( to cover daycare costs for the two kids and help with the extra bills that go along with babies). Michele- Saw your post on the news feed about the shower. :( So sorry this hasn't been a more pleasant experience for you and your family. Amazing how some people can be so inconsiderate of others. Hang in there! <3

It is my turn to hang with my MIL! I was with her from 2pm-9pm yesterday. It felt good to give the rest of the family a break, and the afternoon evening went well. I will be going back this afternoon and sitting with her from 2pm-6pm. Spending the morning prepping food for my family and for my FIL.

Been watching the Irma news. My sister and her family are hunkered down in their home in New Port Richey (near Tampa). They are conserving cell phone power (their utility power has been flickering and is expected to go out), so I don't expect to hear from them until after Irma passes sometime tonight/tomorrow morning. Nerve wracking!

Thinking of you all as you celebrate successes and weather the storms! Time to get moving. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This is the last quiet week I have until everything starts moving again--and moving fast!--on the 18th. I'll have family members visiting several times in the next month. Then work will become more hectic when university classes begin on the 20th. I'm a librarian and will be working the reference desk which will be chaos, but wonderful, energetic chaos. This is a bittersweet time for me as I'm retiring at the end of October. Add to that a slew of routine medical tests and doctor appointments.

I'm preparing for all this! A visit to the spa for a facial and a mani/pedi and another appointment for the same in October. I'm thinking of adding a massage. Cleaned and organized my closet. Deep cleaned the house and adding special touches to the guest room. Menu planning, grocery shopping, and as much meal prep as possible. Scheduling exercise, meditation, and lots of sleep time. What have I forgotten?

I happy that I'm still within my goal weight range and am continuing my maintenance routine.

I'm thankful for the tiny bit of rain we've just had and hope there's more soon to put out all the wildfires burning my beautiful Oregon. Prayers for those dealing with wildfires and hurricanes.
  • willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Wendy . my weight stays within the same few pounds. It goes up if I eat in a restaurant because of the sodium then returns slowly to where it was before. I eat the same now as I did when I was losing weight and seek every opportunity to be active. I eat the same meals over and over. When I cook, I fix exactly what we'll eat and create no leftovers to be a tempting unnecessary treat later. I am exactly opposite of Heather in my eating. I don't create interesting meals and I rarely eat out. I found a plan that works for me and I stick to it. I decide ahead of time what I'll eat for the whole day and stay with the plan. If someone offers me a treat, I decline it, no matter what it is. I weigh myself in the morning and at bedtime in exactly the same clothes and write the weight down. Maintaining my health is a matter of life and death for me and I treat it with respect.

This ^^^ This is me, as well!

~ Monique
    Oregon