Culking Fall of 2017!!!!!

Replies

• edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    Well, I've been cutting for a bit. This morning the scale was going at 132.6-132.8. I'm 5' 7". I'm trying to get a flat stomach, but I also don't want to become underweight. It looks like my fat is concentrated. I'm wondering if I should cut a few more pounds or roll into a slow bulk:

You could get some calipers and see what your body fat % is. If you are about 10% it's time to stop cutting. Just going off the photo, I don't think it will matter (that much) either way. You could also recomp and build muscle while cutting fat more slowly. Depends on how patient you are.

• piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    I'm back at 175.8 this morning, so I'm right on track for my weight goal for competition. Going to try to hang out right about here. Also told my trainer yesterday I'd actually start tracking my calories and macros again, so I guess I have to. :D I made potato chips fit into today. :p Now I'm trying not to eat them for breakfast.

Well, shoot, didn't realize you were from Idaho. Grew up in the Magic Valley and didn't leave Id until I was 27.

Yep! Born and raised. Went to CSI, speaking of the Magic Valley.

Huh! So did I from 88-90.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I'm back at 175.8 this morning, so I'm right on track for my weight goal for competition. Going to try to hang out right about here. Also told my trainer yesterday I'd actually start tracking my calories and macros again, so I guess I have to. :D I made potato chips fit into today. :p Now I'm trying not to eat them for breakfast.

Well, shoot, didn't realize you were from Idaho. Grew up in the Magic Valley and didn't leave Id until I was 27.

Ooh, you're old! :D 93-95 here.
  • kseemuth
    kseemuth Posts: 3 Member
    Took this summer off due to a pec/shoulder injury. Been back in the gym for about a month and half and working on gaining back the 20lbs lost. The weight part is coming pretty quick but the strength gains are a little slower. Started at 150, currently at 164.5 this morning. Averaging 3100 cals 349C/194P/103F
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member

Ooh, you're old! :D 93-95 here.

Well of course I am, you should see the gray and white in my beard :)
  • quiksylver296

175.4 this morning. Holding steady without perfectly tracking (not weighing everything, and guesstimating). I forgot all of my food this morning, though, including my morning coffee. So, of course, I ended up getting a calorific morning mocha and lunch could easily end up being a cheeseburger and tater tots. :o
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    womp womp- doctor says 177 yesterday.
    Which is to big to be headed into a bulk- so I'm pretty sure a bulk is off the table starting in November.

I'm a little heartbroken I'm still so high- I think I look pretty good- but I wish I was leaner- and I feel like my cardio has gone up- and I haven't been done an AWFUL job on tracking food- but well I guess I was delusional on that as well. WOMPFUCKINGWOMP. LOL
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    @quiksylver296 @JoRocka We can start a club. #170girlz
  • quiksylver296

I'm in...for now. Gonna cut after my next comp for my trip to Belize. I'm gonna ROCK a tiny bikini at 43 years old! B)
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member

I'm in...for now. Gonna cut after my next comp for my trip to Belize. I'm gonna ROCK a tiny bikini at 43 years old! B)

Oh I'm definitely cutting eventually!
    I'm looking at January, seeing how hopeful recomp/maintenance break treats me until then.
  • JoRocka
    I'm mostly disappointed because I specifically am doing a program that allows me more time to do cardio- and obviously- it's not working. So. :( cry cry.

I JUST WANT TO BE CUT DAMNIT- not so fluffy. :(
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm mostly disappointed because I specifically am doing a program that allows me more time to do cardio- and obviously- it's not working. So. :( cry cry.

I JUST WANT TO BE CUT DAMNIT- not so fluffy. :(

Ugh that sucks :(

I am in a the same boat. I am not getting my vacation fluff off fast enough. I don't think I am going to bulk this fall. I thought about running a short 3 month bulk but eh...I don't know how effective that would be. I am thinking I might just sit a slightly higher weight for the winter and see how recomp goes.

I am bummed too because the program I am running would be fabulous for quad gainz!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka wrote: »
    It's time people. It's time to move on to a NEW SEASON!!!!
    I know we are coming into the Bulking season for many people- so figured it was time to start a new one!

I'm afraid I'm not going to be bulking this year- I didn't get down to the weight I really wanted this year- so I'm thinking I'm going to keep pressing on with the program I'm on which allows for my cardio. I'm week 3 of 12 weeks- so we'll see what I look like at the that and make a decision if I want to maintain or press harder- I just am not seeing 20 pounds happening this year. Although timing would be good for it- coming out of a different program to come back to power. But- we'll see.

For now- I'm doing Lee Labrada's 12 week Lean body program- I honestly hate it- it's not enough work- but that's half the point- to cut back on 2 hour lift sessions and give me more time to function and do more cardio- so I'm getting more regular cardio in- and I'm seeing changes but lord do I hate the program- not enough work for me. But #trustingtheprocess is part of it- so I'm plowing ahead.

Alright- YOU GO- what's up- what are your fall plans? Tell us- keep track of progress here!!!

How many months did it take to get your arms like the way there?

years?

I don't really work on my arms- this is the first time in years I've actively done a program that specifically does isolation lifts- otherwise I just run power programs- but I've been hoisting heavy *kitten* things since I was 5. So- years. LOL
    just keep working. :)
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    this is where I need to be! I cut too early in the season and now UI'm up 12 lbs, not really looking to bulk from this weight not really ready to cut either. Maintenance? I guess so. My pants are tight so
    I will be working on that
  • JoRocka
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    this is where I need to be! I cut too early in the season and now UI'm up 12 lbs, not really looking to bulk from this weight not really ready to cut either. Maintenance? I guess so. My pants are tight so
    I will be working on that

LOL I realized all my costumes are a little tight at this point- womp womp- so yes- I'm with you with the whole "tight pants situation"
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Totally failing at bulking. Damned water retention from beating myself up in the Strongman comp threw my projections off. Good thing I stayed the course and didn't decrease calories in the face of the two week weight spike.

3050 on lifting days and 2700 on non has led to this:r0v0t93pah9n.png
  • JoRocka
    savage- I love it. Great work and staying the course playing the long game. that's what it's about!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Just checking in. Down about 3 lbs with no calorie tracking and using dumbbells to lift at home..
  • JoRocka
    how's wife and baby?