Culking Fall of 2017!!!!!

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    HNY eveyone! I'm still here! About halfway through my bulk ... 6lbs up in 3 months. It is going to be a long rest of the bulk though.. it starts to get really hard and uncomfortable from here. Oh well just gotta get it done.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    So where's the 2018 thread ;)

usually this rolls through till the spring- hence- culking like last time- suppose we should just update the title.
    Crazy sick last week. Lost 5 pounds in 3 days. They found their way back, though, once I got rehydrated. :sad:

Supposed to do a charity meet Saturday and I haven't been in the gym for a week. I already paid the entry fee, so I'm going to do it, but my lifts are gonna suck.

Then Belize in March!!!
    sorry you weren't feeling well!!! But yay for Belize! that sounds awesome- how long?

Just a week. 20 year anniversary trip. But SCUBA DIVING!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

usually this rolls through till the spring- hence- culking like last time- suppose we should just update the title.
    Crazy sick last week. Lost 5 pounds in 3 days. They found their way back, though, once I got rehydrated. :sad:

Supposed to do a charity meet Saturday and I haven't been in the gym for a week. I already paid the entry fee, so I'm going to do it, but my lifts are gonna suck.

Then Belize in March!!!
    sorry you weren't feeling well!!! But yay for Belize! that sounds awesome- how long?

Oh yea, lol..

So I start dabbling in programming a new workout for my lifting partner and I. While we both loved PHAT, it was a bit more time consuming than we both liked (leg days were 75 to 90 minutes) .

LOL- I think you were the one who suggested culking last time actually LOL- it's okay- you have baby things_ I forgive you. ;)

I hear you on the long leg days- Sheiko usually takes me 2 hrs to roll through- if not longer- and while I love it- it's VERY time consuming. I need to figure out a power program that sets me up for success for a February meet- I'm doing a bastardized five by five program- but I prefer something concrete that I'm not winging.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Then Belize in March!!!

Oh yea, lol..

So I start dabbling in programming a new workout for my lifting partner and I. While we both loved PHAT, it was a bit more time consuming than we both liked (leg days were 75 to 90 minutes) .

LOL- I think you were the one who suggested culking last time actually LOL- it's okay- you have baby things_ I forgive you. ;)

I hear you on the long leg days- Sheiko usually takes me 2 hrs to roll through- if not longer- and while I love it- it's VERY time consuming. I need to figure out a power program that sets me up for success for a February meet- I'm doing a bastardized five by five program- but I prefer something concrete that I'm not winging.

My reason for bulking up and my one photo i post a year lol.
    s032bshxbsnh.jpg

Awwweeeeee sooo cute!!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Then Belize in March!!!

Oh yea, lol..

s032bshxbsnh.jpg

Oh. my. gosh. The cuteness!!!

• JoRocka
    Options
    aw spawn success!!!!

Congratulations!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options

Then Belize in March!!!

Oh yea, lol..

s032bshxbsnh.jpg

So adorable!!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thanks.

Side note, down 4 lbs this week... oh the joys of christmas holiday break, lol.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

Then Belize in March!!!

Oh yea, lol..

s032bshxbsnh.jpg

Oh my! I love the pose and outfit!

I did not plan on bulking...I am 5 pounds heavier though! This is after dropping all holiday weight and getting a consistent scale reading for a several days. I have been pretty lax with my calories the last few months - not logging most weekends and going out to eat a lot. My clothes are not as tight as they should be for the weight I am so hopefully that indicates that some of the gain is muscle.

I was 109 pounds back in October and am 114 today. I am starting a slow cut now. My body fat was a little high to be bulking at 109 so I am not sure how much I will need to cut.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Starting bulking again today. Lost the temporary Christmas fluff. Going to do a slow bulk with the hope of gaining in or around 10kg/22lbs over the course of a year.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Started my cut mid December right at 240 - avoided the "Christmas Fluff" monster and weighed in this morning at 227.2

A lot of that is most likely water weight as I've prioritized protein and it's a struggle to have much left over for fat and carbs. I'm cutting at 2250 - which seems aggressive to me considering what I was bulking at - but I suspect a drastic slowdown soon. All calculators put me below that number for 1-1.5 pounds a week, however If I'm still losing too fast in a couple of weeks I'll adjust. The only loss in the weight room so far has been a slight decrease in bench numbers, although I have cut volume down from 4 sets on most lifts to 3.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Down about 5 lbs from the post xmas/new years christmas fluff (183 down to 178). Ended up developing a custom program that suits the time needs and goals of my friend and I. Figured I post it in here to see if there was any feedback on it. The only thing I will probably do is incorporate some supersets so I can add a bit more volume. Below should be a shareable link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6t63TSpf1SAZDhCSTBFcE93Xy1UT2hRd2tHRVcxd3pUcVVn
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Managed to maintain my weight during my 2 week diet break over Xmas and now back in a deficit. 6 weeks with a goal of 10lbs to lose and then a week diet break.

Is it weird that it feels good to be back in a deficit? Or am I mad from carb deprivation??
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Managed to maintain my weight during my 2 week diet break over Xmas and now back in a deficit. 6 weeks with a goal of 10lbs to lose and then a week diet break.

Is it weird that it feels good to be back in a deficit? Or am I mad from carb deprivation??

Pretty sure you are mad.

But I feel the same way.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    So my dance intensive is over- we averaged 6-8 miles on someone's fit bit- it's 35 hours of training- I'm guessing it's probably a little less because it's based on arm swings- and if you're dancing and doing weird arm patterns it's probably going to read high- but I ate mostly conservatively but enough to fuel me- if you're testing- running out of gas isn't good.

Back on track and officially in process. I'm going to physical therapy for my back issues and to correct fundamental underlying issues with me back/abs- which will translate into the lifting/dance stuff. so- more cardio- more lifting- headed into functioning full time training. WOOT WOOT
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

Then Belize in March!!!

You diving the Big Blue? My favorite dive spot on the planet.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

Then Belize in March!!!

You diving the Big Blue? My favorite dive spot on the planet.

I don't know yet. I definitely want to!
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sooo...I guess I should be glad that my bulk got off to a fizzled start...woke up this morning retaining a boatload of water and ended up weighing in at 131.6 (a mere .4 lbs shy of bumping up yet another weight class) I was hoping to be able to eat a couple pounds of food before the drive over, but had to starve a bit longer.

The meet went well, now I can focus on food, muscle building, and my new 6month training goals.