Culking Fall of 2017!!!!!

Replies

• denato1
    denato1 Posts: 54 Member
    Update- so far I have failed kinda on maintenance. I managed to lose 2-3 lbs in the last few weeks even tho I a upped my calories and started eating back my exercise calories more regularly. So this coming week I up the calories again by 100 a day and see what happens. On to 2600 calories(+ exercise cal) and hopefully I'll find maintenance.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Still cutting, but will be reverse dieting into a slow bulk towards the turn of the year. I like this journal kind of setup to see how people are doing
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,388 MFP Moderator
    JoRocka wrote: »
    how's wife and baby?

Really tired and talks of bed rest. And on top of that, my son is sick, so needless to say, I only get a few hours of sleep a night.. but sometime still pushing through workouts.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    how's wife and baby?

Really tired and talks of bed rest. And on top of that, my son is sick, so needless to say, I only get a few hours of sleep a night.. but sometime still pushing through workouts.

I hear babies mean sleepless night- and being tired is a way of life. I'm sorry he is sick- that sucks. Hopefully he gets well soon!
  • Steelpit202
    Steelpit202 Posts: 51 Member
    edickson76 wrote: »
    Well, I've been cutting for a bit. This morning the scale was going at 132.6-132.8. I'm 5' 7". I'm trying to get a flat stomach, but I also don't want to become underweight. It looks like my fat is concentrated. I'm wondering if I should cut a few more pounds or roll into a slow bulk:

You could get some calipers and see what your body fat % is. If you are about 10% it's time to stop cutting. Just going off the photo, I don't think it will matter (that much) either way. You could also recomp and build muscle while cutting fat more slowly. Depends on how patient you are.

Thanks. I don't have calipers but I don't think I'm near 10%. I was using a BIA for fat measurement and it gave me 13.4% and 14.4% the last two times I've used it. I'm at a point where I'm wondering if I should cut a few more pounds or maintain for a few weeks before starting a slow bulk.

• edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    Check-in:
    Starting week 4 of maintenance b/c of a patellar tendon injury on the soccer field. The only lower body exercise I can comfortably do right now is RDL. And doc says no heavy stuff on the legs. So, I decided to maintain until I heal, which is another 4-6 weeks. Perhaps then I can finish this cut. I was at 13% BF when I stopped this first cut. Definitely have a few more pounds to lose.
  • LiftingUnicorn
    LiftingUnicorn Posts: 615 Member
    edited October 2017
    H
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    H

J
  • quiksylver296
    I'm topping out on my mini-bulk. Hit 181 the other day and 185 moves me into the next weight class for competition, so I've been tapering off. November 11th, then cut. :#
  • JoRocka
    I'm still fat at 175 pounds- but I feel like I look pretty good.
    I'm getting ready to kick off a 12 week training program for a January intensive- so ALL THE CARDIO is about to become implemented. womp womp womp.
  • quiksylver296
    I'm getting ready to kick off a 12 week training program for a January intensive- so ALL THE CARDIO is about to become implemented. womp womp womp.

Ew. :#
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member

What is your weekly defecit target?
  • JoRocka

What is your weekly defecit target?
    I have my daily set at 2K- which technically should be a small deficit for what I'm doing- but it's not- in order to lose I need to be down by 1600- which for someone my size- is NOT much.

And I'm not delusional I'm doing a super *kitten* job tracking- so it's not like I'm setting myself up to win- my work got a lot more complicated and stress eating has become a thing- easier to just do more cardio. Plus- the training will require more cardio.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Coming off a 3 week lifting layoff to let some nagging injuries heal, decided to give PHAT a try for the next 2 months. Tricky trying to find the right weight when you're only used to doing heavy weight/low rep.

Although I already figured out (and surprised myself) that, yes, I will be doing weighted pullups as I cranked out more than needed. All those heavy rows and lat pulldowns seemed to have made quite the difference.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited October 2017
    Forgot about this thread!

So while the scale jumped up 3lbs (water weight, glycogen etc) over the past few weeks as the cals increased, it finally leveled off so I am using this weight as my real "starting point" for my bulk. I am so glad I didn't get scared and cut my cals down. I was going to do a really slow lean bulk but I think I'm just going to go all in and see where it takes me. I hate spinning my wheels when I am working so hard in the gym and the kitchen.
  • denato1
    denato1 Posts: 54 Member
    Yeah, still finding my maintenance cals, up to 2600. Seems pretty consistent long as I eat all my exercise calories back. Probably going to increase to 2700 in a week and see how that does.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Back in my "fat" pants, 34's. 0 fuks given.
    Still messing with the right weight to use with PHAT. I should have them dialed correctly in another week. So far I'm liking it. Decent volume for me and has enough power movements to keep up strength while, hopefully, add some mass over the next few months.
  • JoRocka
    I'm just fluffy- I have absolutely not been tracking for some reason- and it shows. womp womp. Not cutting- not bulking- just sort of maintaining. need to get back on track. #crycrygroanwhining
  • quiksylver296
    Meet is over. Cut is starting today. Goal - rocking a bikini in Belize, early March. Starting weight as of this morning 181.6.

All food is logged for today. Macros nearly spot on.
  • edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    Another check-in. My PT approved some lower body work, and I decided to just finish the cut and accept less than stellar gains on my legs. I could still lose a pound or so, but I'm going to run only a slight deficit for the rest of the week and call it good.

Despite numerous injury setbacks (none from lifting), I've made good progress from where I started. Currently about the same as when I started "seriously" tracking two years ago. I cut (about 10 pounds), then bulked (about 20), and have cut back (about 10). I took measurements after I lost the first 3 pounds and compared them to today. Gained 4.5 inches in my chest, 3 inches in my shoulders, and a little over an inch on my arms. Legs, sadly, are the same, though they have far more definition now.

Future plan is a very lean bulk / recomp through the winter and into spring.