Culking Fall of 2017!!!!!

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yay @klrenn you look amazing! Love love the outfit ;)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    NEW GAME PLAN.

powerlifting meet in February- so- cut weight- then be strong AF in February- I think that's the plan.

I officially gave up on Lee Labrada's plan around 9 weeks in- they started charging for it I think and I was annoyed- so I gave up- I'm doing essentially a bastardized 5 x 5 with a focus on mobility and form- so slow progress upwards in terms of weight. I'm not mad at it- but it IS frustrating.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    NEW GAME PLAN.

powerlifting meet in February- so- cut weight- then be strong AF in February- I think that's the plan.

I officially gave up on Lee Labrada's plan around 9 weeks in- they started charging for it I think and I was annoyed- so I gave up- I'm doing essentially a bastardized 5 x 5 with a focus on mobility and form- so slow progress upwards in terms of weight. I'm not mad at it- but it IS frustrating.

This is your first meet, right!?! YASSSSS

I heard Layne Norton saying something about bbcom starting to charge for his program as well. Sounds ridiculous!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    NEW GAME PLAN.

I heard Layne Norton saying something about bbcom starting to charge for his program as well. Sounds ridiculous!

From my understanding that there are additional programs on biolayne.com but he did just dole out PHAT for free through PDF because BB.com started charging for their programs like PH3.

On a personal note, I am just working on recomp at this point. With my daughter coming into this world, it's been a bit challenging to stick with calories through the holidays. Also, i started PHAT which is by far one of my favorite programs to date. Definitely seeing an increase in strength and potentially a bit more size (at least in my arms).
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yay @klrenn you look amazing! Love love the outfit ;)

Thanks! I have a feeling I’m going to amass quite a large collection of fun deadlifting socks :p

It’s funny how all of a sudden I went from not feeling lean enough to feeling really scrawny. My workout shorts are all too big right now. It will be nice to have them fit again.
  • not_a_runner
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    NEW GAME PLAN.

From my understanding that there are additional programs on biolayne.com but he did just dole out PHAT for free through PDF because BB.com started charging for their programs like PH3.

I hope people don't pay them.
    There is a great (free) Excel template out there already for PH3 (which I would prefer over using the bbcom app anyway, so you can see all the data upfront)

It would be one thing if these were 'new' programs, but to take programs that have been free for YEARS and decide to make them $8.99 per month now.....just no.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    NEW GAME PLAN.

There is a great (free) Excel template out there already for PH3 (which I would prefer over using the bbcom app anyway, so you can see all the data upfront)

It would be one thing if these were 'new' programs, but to take programs that have been free for YEARS and decide to make them $8.99 per month now.....just no.

Do you have a link to the PH3 template? If so, I can update the lifting programs thread.
  • not_a_runner
    Options
    NEW GAME PLAN.

Do you have a link to the PH3 template? If so, I can update the lifting programs thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npNke8H4HK8
    Or
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4fd40p/layne_nortons_ph3_program_free_excel/

The reddit basically links you to his youtube video which has the dropbox link.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Slowing down, way down and am contemplating a short deficit phase. Hit 212 waaayyyyyy too fast but it sure was fun!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    NEW GAME PLAN.

this will be my first official meet yes. I wanted to do the one on the 10th- but well- I had show.

So - this would be good. I'm excited. I need a new real program. I'm sort of doing 5 x 5 because- I can. and it's there. I don't have time for Sheiko right now. Maybe after January? Hard to come out of certifications and right into a meet- but whatever- it's not about being strong. It's about doing the things.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Bumpity bump- how did Christmas go for everyone?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump- how did Christmas go for everyone?

Fine. Why do you ask? :laugh:
    453acxs3o15n.jpg
  • JoRocka
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • JoRocka
    Options
    How' everyone else doing? any big plans for the year coming up?

I'm motoring through with an inconsistent 2-3 time a week program right now- it's really killing me to not lift regularly but the work gets done so I know it's not awful.

I think I previously mentioned- but the power meet- which means I need to set up a training cycle soon. *kitten* timing b/c I'll be in Atlanta for a dance certification for a week smack in the middle of that- but I mean- there are worse things I think. But my construction project is over in a week so soon- I should be able to go back to "normal" soon. thankfully!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    So where's the 2018 thread ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Crazy sick last week. Lost 5 pounds in 3 days. They found their way back, though, once I got rehydrated. :sad:

Supposed to do a charity meet Saturday and I haven't been in the gym for a week. I already paid the entry fee, so I'm going to do it, but my lifts are gonna suck.

Then Belize in March!!!
  • JoRocka
    Options

usually this rolls through till the spring- hence- culking like last time- suppose we should just update the title.
    Crazy sick last week. Lost 5 pounds in 3 days. They found their way back, though, once I got rehydrated. :sad:

Supposed to do a charity meet Saturday and I haven't been in the gym for a week. I already paid the entry fee, so I'm going to do it, but my lifts are gonna suck.

Then Belize in March!!!
    sorry you weren't feeling well!!! But yay for Belize! that sounds awesome- how long?
  • psuLemon
    edited January 2018
    Options

usually this rolls through till the spring- hence- culking like last time- suppose we should just update the title.

Then Belize in March!!!
    sorry you weren't feeling well!!! But yay for Belize! that sounds awesome- how long?

Oh yea, lol..

So I start dabbling in programming a new workout for my lifting partner and I. While we both loved PHAT, it was a bit more time consuming than we both liked (leg days were 75 to 90 minutes) .