Culking Fall of 2017!!!!!

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Finally slowed down - 20 pounds lost since Christmas on a 2250 calorie cut. 50%P 30%F 20%C which works out to around 220-250g protein, 60-80g fat, and about 100g carbs. Been at 220.2 for the last 3 days. Amazing how much initial water weight you can lose. Feel flat, but I no longer have a gut. ;)

Lifts haven't suffered - actually increased a couple a bit and have returned to normal volume on Monday and Friday. Reduced volume mid week.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    @JoRocka - I saw your constantly varied gear leggings on Insta. Did they fit? Do you like them?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    @JoRocka - I saw your constantly varied gear leggings on Insta. Did they fit? Do you like them?
    so short story- I"d give them a solid 7 on the "legging scale" (ranging 1 to 10- one being awful- 10 being magical)

The waist band isn't *quite* as nice as the GRRRL ones. But they are higher than most- and no muffin top. So catch 22- I Think they didn't have the stay UP power- because they weren't as snug- but flip side- they were slimming between pant and shirt- no pudge.

That particular pair- the pattern is PRINTED on the fabric- which means the inside- is white. So when you stretch them- the pattern/fabric looks "off" (almost like it's getting sheer but it's just more white looking).

Their sizing is bonkers- It had me in an XL- and they just fit. so that's crappy.

I deadlifted- and danced in them very successfully with minimal fuss. They have that weird slick feel to them- so less cotton content.

so yeah- 7 of 10- enough bendy to squat/DL in them- not really see through- but they get that "white" look to them- and their sizing is wackadoo.

But- solid pant for 35$
  • quiksylver296
    JoRocka wrote: »
    so short story- I"d give them a solid 7 on the "legging scale" (ranging 1 to 10- one being awful- 10 being magical)

The waist band isn't *quite* as nice as the GRRRL ones. But they are higher than most- and no muffin top. So catch 22- I Think they didn't have the stay UP power- because they weren't as snug- but flip side- they were slimming between pant and shirt- no pudge.

That particular pair- the pattern is PRINTED on the fabric- which means the inside- is white. So when you stretch them- the pattern/fabric looks "off" (almost like it's getting sheer but it's just more white looking).

Their sizing is bonkers- It had me in an XL- and they just fit. so that's crappy.

I deadlifted- and danced in them very successfully with minimal fuss. They have that weird slick feel to them- so less cotton content.

so yeah- 7 of 10- enough bendy to squat/DL in them- not really see through- but they get that "white" look to them- and their sizing is wackadoo.

But- solid pant for 35$

Just curious. I'd agree with most of those points. I have two printed pair and one solid pair.
  • JoRocka

But- solid pant for 35$

Just curious. I'd agree with most of those points. I have two printed pair and one solid pair.

I felt a little like a cheater on GRRRL- LOL- and I don't love them enough to probably order more- for 10$ more- I get pants I really love and a brand I believe in- so probably not- but they ARE amazing prints- so I guess it will depend on the print?
  • quiksylver296

But- solid pant for 35$

I felt a little like a cheater on GRRRL- LOL- and I don't love them enough to probably order more- for 10$ more- I get pants I really love and a brand I believe in- so probably not- but they ARE amazing prints- so I guess it will depend on the print?

I need to try GRRRL, but I haven't found any I HAVE to have, yet. I don't need more leggings... :p
  • JoRocka

But- solid pant for 35$

I need to try GRRRL, but I haven't found any I HAVE to have, yet. I don't need more leggings... :p

Once you get a good pair- you'll "need" more than you thought you did before- Suddenly I find myself shopping before 7 AM on my phone pre-coffee.

it's embarrassing.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Note to self for the future: trim off body hair before freaking out, thinking you’re getting fat on a bulk. 170.8 this morning, from the 163.4 I started at in September.
    6i6ize33t34n.jpeg

Looking good! You're gaining way more conservatively than I am LOL
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Note to self for the future: trim off body hair before freaking out, thinking you’re getting fat on a bulk. 170.8 this morning, from the 163.4 I started at in September.
    6i6ize33t34n.jpeg

I fulked once; never again. If I go over the 0.2-0.5 lbs./week range, I just get unacceptably fat. Recent bloodwork has shown exactly why this is, and I’m taking steps to remedy the problems.
  • Davidsdottir
    6i6ize33t34n.jpeg

I fulked once; never again. If I go over the 0.2-0.5 lbs./week range, I just get unacceptably fat. Recent bloodwork has shown exactly why this is, and I’m taking steps to remedy the problems.

I'm gaining at .7 lbs a week. Faster than I'd like, but if I eat any less I'd have to kill myself!
  • Gallowmere1984
    6i6ize33t34n.jpeg

I'm gaining at .7 lbs a week. Faster than I'd like, but if I eat any less I'd have to kill myself!

I’m on the opposite end now. It’s taking me 3150 kcals per day already, just to keep my paltry gain going. Since I utilize mostly whole foods even when bulking, I’m almost ready to cut, just from being sick of food.
  • Davidsdottir
    6i6ize33t34n.jpeg

I’m on the opposite end now. It’s taking me 3150 kcals per day already, just to keep my paltry gain going. Since I utilize mostly whole foods even when bulking, I’m almost ready to cut, just from being sick of food.

I have to resort to volume eating in order to not feel hungry all the time.
  • Gallowmere1984
    6i6ize33t34n.jpeg

I have to resort to volume eating in order to not feel hungry all the time.

I do too, for about the first four months. The inner fat kid is why I use said whole foods. My body starts getting pretty annoyed with the forced overfeeding after a while, though.
  • JoRocka
    I dropped my calories officially today- I've committed to 2 days of cardio a week- so- we'll make progress- all of this is going to happen. I swear to fking god.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    SW - 183
    CW - 176.8

There was a little water weight from new years, but overall, probably lost a good 3 lbs of fat this month.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    4 weeks in:

SW - 224lbs
    CW - 217.6lbs

Fairly severe deficit and using a CKD style protocol. Another 3 weeks before I take a diet break.
  • JoRocka
    So- usually I can manage a deficit pretty well- but I realized I hate everyone- and I'm exhausted- and feeling so very weak.

And I finally figured out- it's because- you know- I'm ACSHUALLY in a deficit.

FML- the older I get the harder it hits me it seems. Grumble. the price you pay for losing weight.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    So- usually I can manage a deficit pretty well- but I realized I hate everyone- and I'm exhausted- and feeling so very weak.

FML- the older I get the harder it hits me it seems. Grumble. the price you pay for losing weight.

I am with you. I have a bit of extra accountability this round which is helping. But its a daily struggle, especially when i have a gumball machine full of M&Ms staring at me..
  • JoRocka
    psuLemon wrote: »

I am with you. I have a bit of extra accountability this round which is helping. But its a daily struggle, especially when i have a gumball machine full of M&Ms staring at me..

yeaaaaah.
    I find I stress eat at work- because the boss keeps the candy dish full- but I find if I stay out it's easier. the peanut M and M's are the worst. Daily struggle- but it's why we are here!!! more cardio- less m and m's. least that's what I'm telling myself.

WE KIN DO IT!