Is bread really that bad

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    The moon does not exist (or there is a cover up for some shady business on the moon). I didn't make it up, Google told me so.

This is an obvious troll, people.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited September 2017
    J72FIT wrote: »
    I did not make this up.

You certain about that...?

Have you ever used Google? Try it.

Hey, thanks for the tip, Google is awesome! Would you just look at this, according to a Google search, the Earth is actually flat!!!!:
    https://wiki.tfes.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions

(Protip: learn how to vet your sources. Google searches can turn up all kinds of woo.)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Maybe if you made the bread yourself with organic ingredients the internet would approve... Maybe to be safe, grow all the ingredients yourself... funny story, I tried to do that... Do you know how annoying it is to turn wheat into flour by hand?!

YES! My mother and grandfather both had wheat grinders. My mother made us bread from ground wheat berries for years. If there was a hard way to do something, she did it, lol. She raised goats for milk, too.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I did not make this up.

Hey, thanks for the tip, Google is awesome! Would you just look at this, according to a Google search, the Earth is actually flat!!!!:
    https://wiki.tfes.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions

(Protip: learn how to vet your sources. Google searches can turn up all kinds of woo.)

And google has answers to how flat earthers explain solar eclipses!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    edited September 2017
    I did not make this up.

Hahahahahaha! Google! Hahahahahaha!

If you think Wonder Bread and whole grain bread are the same, I can't help you.

You are lost. Punch out Maverick...
  • menen28
    menen28 Posts: 41 Member
    trkougl72 wrote: »
    Carbohydrates turn into sugar in your mouth, simple carbs or refined ingredients are the worst. Carbs aren't so bad in vegetables also known as complex carbs. Your body can burn sugar or fat simple carbs turn into sugar immediately

Bread is a complex carbohydrate.

Anyway, if my body can burn sugar or fat, then eating sugar provides me with something my body can burn. What's the problem?

Eat it up we want a good body burn haha
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Bread and rice are fine. But I found cutting down bread helped my weight loss. Big rolls and bagels are high calorie and often wraps and tortillas work better.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Bread and rice are fine. But I found cutting down bread helped my weight loss. Big rolls and bagels are high calorie and often wraps and tortillas work better.

Then it helped your weight loss because you were eating less calories - not because you cut down on bread.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    kenyonhaff wrote: »

Tortillas are not automatically lower calorie or lower carb than bread - at many sandwich places the wrap option has the same number of calories as a regular sandwich.

And for me, at least, tortillas spike my blood glucose more than bread does. Even corn tortillas which should theoretically be lower carb cause a bigger spike than I would expect given the net carbs. It seems like a tortilla digests quicker.
  • ptcampgymokc
    ptcampgymokc Posts: 318 Member
    menen28 wrote: »
    Treece68 wrote: »
    @menen28 What did you read to make you scared?
    A page on fb seem to think bread rice and most carbs raises insulin

Truth is every time you eat your insulin levels raise to counter act the additional glucose produced by your body during the digestion process. Now when you eat simple carbohydrates like bread or food with processed sugars in them the insulin spike is much higher. Insulin spikes can be dangerous but mainly in individuals with a medal condition like certain types of diabetes. For healthy adults regular portioned meals with healthy carbs should be ok. I am a Hispanic man, who's mother made sure to give him a good portion of steamed rice with pretty much every meal from the time I could eat solid foods until I moved out. Rice is not inherently bad, as a matter of fact glucose is needed for proper neurological functions. Its simple carbohydrates in excess that are a problem because in most cases they are not used by the body immediately and thus end up being stored as excess fat in our bodies (not good). If you want to keep your food portioning simple and healthy check the following article out.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/calorie-control-guide

It has some useful information that is straight forward and practical.
    Don't be afraid of rice or bread just consume those and other types of foods in balanced meals that support your level of activity and you should be perfectly fine.

Good Luck!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    I did not make this up.

Hahahahahaha! Google! Hahahahahaha!

If you think Wonder Bread and whole grain bread are the same, I can't help you.

You are lost. Punch out Maverick...

"Simple carbohydrates are made of one or two sugar molecules and are easily absorbed, rapidly increasing blood sugar levels. Examples include refined grains, such as white bread, candy and desserts. These simple carbohydrates often lack vitamins, minerals and fiber. By contrast, complex carbohydrates, such as those found in beans or whole-grain breads, are made of three or more sugar molecules. These longer sugar chains are slower to absorb, leading to steady blood sugar levels. Complex carbohydrates also provide fiber for digestion and weight control, B vitamins for energy, cancer-fighting vitamin E and a rich diversity of other vitamins, minerals and antioxidants."

Punch out Maverick.

And your point Maverick?
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    I have bread everyday, I just choose the right one