lose 200lbs in less then a year ?

Options

Replies

• sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »

He is the best in his field in newfoundland and i do believe canada for that matter a second option would not make much difference when other doctors refers to him.

yeah.
    Sometimes the "best" doctors can actually be the most arrogant. That can come from being the expert. His bedside manner may suck, but his advice is probably as good as it gets. I had a GP like that where I used to live. His attitude was bad, but he did know what he was doing.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Did he give you a max gram of carbs and fat to stick to?
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    I am 489lbs i cant stand for more then 15mins without my back killing me, my whole body hurts like all the time.

I know it wont be easy at this point in my life i need to do something or i dont think ill be around much more then a year.

If anyone can give me any tips i would be greatfull.

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. My tip would be to not set a time limit on weight loss, but to input your numbers here on MFP and stick to the calorie goal. You don't need to exercise to lose weight, just be in a calorie deficit. The hardest part is just getting started, getting past the first hurdles of "what's the use?" mentality. Every pound you lose is one pound closer to a better quality of life for you, so put one foot in front of the other and march forward! I wish you the very best of luck :)

I know setting a time limit is bad all that. I know it my sound odd but i want to be able to start training for a spartan race next year i know its more then likely never going to happen but its a goal to try to work to all the same.

2 years ago I was nudging 300lb and couldn't walk across the room without crutches. In the last 6 months I've run 2 half marathons along with countless 5k and 10k. Next year I'll be running/walking/crawling a full marathon (along with 3 halfs) and my plan is an ultra within the next 4 years. So never say never, it's great to have a goal to work towards, whether that's to be able to walk a mile or a Spartan. Having my goals helps keep on track when I have a bad day.

Just Wow!!!
  • bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options

He said little to no carbs its and just have protein protein and more protein.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options

When is your appointment with the dietitian?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

Pretty much what the hospital has told has to me in prep for surgery also. Except I was given max fat and carb g to stick to.

Fish, chicken, shellfish, green veggies, greek yoghurt, berries, salami sticks.

I'd say eggs but read you don't deal with them well.
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    maryannprt wrote: »

When is your appointment with the dietitian?

Have not heard yet but i say it could be up to a month
  • bjcrewe
    Options

Pretty much what the hospital has told has to me in prep for surgery also. Except I was given max fat and carb g to stick to.

I can eat any kind of egg other then boiled eggs dont no why but they make me sick when boiled.

• Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I can eat any kind of egg other then boiled eggs dont no why but they make me sick when boiled.

Omelettes with a bit o cheese!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

Fried egg with turkey bacon and fried mushrooms. Yummy and fits low carb very well :)
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    So i have these fat blockers the doctor gave me they spoz to be good for weight lose, now to see if it helps.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So i have these fat blockers the doctor gave me they spoz to be good for weight lose, now to see if it helps.

Be careful with those. And read the link @tacklewasher put in his post.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I believe in you! It's time to find the person you want to be :) You'll be surprised how well you can do with MFP and without the crazy side effects and drugs. Smart people here. Listen to the CICO reasonable approach :) Good Luck and I'm rooting for you.
  • mgmagnolia
    mgmagnolia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One thing you can count on is that we will be your weight loss tribe and support you any way that we can. We’re all here because we need to lose weight and get healthy. I’m very overweight, too. I’ve lost 30 lbs. I can tell you that even that little bit makes me feel much better. Keep posting on here. Connect on here and make friends to see each other’s progress. We’re all in this together. Hug!
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    So I'm up 4lbs today not sure why tho have not been doing anything different other then i went out of town.