lose 200lbs in less then a year ?

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    So I'm up 4lbs today not sure why tho have not been doing anything different other then i went out of town.

Travel may cause water retention. I always retain water when I travel. Drink some extra water and go back to doing the things you were doing before. It'll come back off. Don't get discouraged.

^^This.

It will go away in a couple of days. Don't fuss and just take it as a learning thing.
  • bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So i dropped my calories to 1800 the 1st cuz of what the doctors said and what not but i find by the time it comes to go to bed starved. Most days before i dropped it i was lucky if i got to 1800. What the heck is up with that.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking in the background since day 1. Kudos to you @bjcrewe.

Perhaps you are hungrier because you're expending much more energy than usual due to all the packing and carrying of boxes you have been doing lately? The MFP way is to eat back some (or all) of those expended calories. I would add especially "if hungry" which you indicate you are.

So i dropped my calories to 1800 the 1st cuz of what the doctors said and what not but i find by the time it comes to go to bed starved. Most days before i dropped it i was lucky if i got to 1800. What the heck is up with that.

• bjcrewe
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I've been lurking in the background since day 1. Kudos to you @bjcrewe.

Perhaps you are hungrier because you're expending much more energy than usual due to all the packing and carrying of boxes you have been doing lately? The MFP way is to eat back some (or all) of those expended calories. I would add especially "if hungry" which you indicate you are.

That makes Sence.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

I found that working a late-evening protein shake into my calories really helped my late night cravings, especially if you get a shake that contains casein protein. Late night hungers was one of my biggest struggling points for a long time on my diet.
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    I was going to add a protein smoothie tell i realized i packed the blender ...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I was going to add a protein smoothie tell i realized i packed the blender ...

Sorry, I giggled at little at that. Sounds like something I would do!
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Your needs can change from day to day, as can your response to your diet! It's important to remember that sometimes thirst can be confused for hunger.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your food diary for the last week or so, and unless there is a reason you need low fiber, you should look at increasing that. Many people need more fiber to feel full. Can you eat carrots or celery with some hummus? A cup or 2 of popcorn? Others feel fuller with a little extra fat. How about some broccoli (fresh or frozen) with a little cheese? Yogurt or cottage cheese, some berries fresh or frozen, and a couple of walnuts or pecans chopped up on top? You just have to find what works for you. Good luck!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hey.. as far as clotthes the smaller size you get the more likely you can find used clothes but being a man does seem to make it more of a challenge.. i am guessing cause men wear their clothes until they have many holes in them. my boyfriends *kitten* can be out and he still thinks he can get some use out of them.
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    maryannprt wrote: »
    I just looked at your food diary for the last week or so, and unless there is a reason you need low fiber, you should look at increasing that. Many people need more fiber to feel full. Can you eat carrots or celery with some hummus? A cup or 2 of popcorn? Others feel fuller with a little extra fat. How about some broccoli (fresh or frozen) with a little cheese? Yogurt or cottage cheese, some berries fresh or frozen, and a couple of walnuts or pecans chopped up on top? You just have to find what works for you. Good luck!

Only thing i cant eat is nuts.

• davidylin
    Options
    I definitely agree, I see that you have something of a Subway habit from your diary! This is a really easy way to add fiber to your diet - the calories for their sandwiches are for ordering with the wheat bread, and a number of the vegetables without cheese or mayonnaise - so be careful about logging those.
    For extra fiber definitely get the whole wheat bread and all of the vegetables.

You may also want to look at this list of high-fiber foods that you can add to your diet: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/high-fiber-foods/art-20050948
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    davidylin wrote: »
    I definitely agree, I see that you have something of a Subway habit from your diary! This is a really easy way to add fiber to your diet - the calories for their sandwiches are for ordering with the wheat bread, and a number of the vegetables without cheese or mayonnaise - so be careful about logging those.

You may also want to look at this list of high-fiber foods that you can add to your diet: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/high-fiber-foods/art-20050948

Yesterday was buy one get one free at subway so went and had one. Usely dont eat at subway I'm not a big bread fan and i find a sub is mostly bread.

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    davidylin wrote: »

Yesterday was buy one get one free at subway so went and had one. Usely dont eat at subway I'm not a big bread fan and i find a sub is mostly bread.

i like subways flat bread.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I dont no if its the stress of the move coming up or if its muscle gain but the scale is staying at 480 and i was down to 476lbs. Going to have to go though my foods and see what i been doing wrong and change it but Top off my list no bread, number two tell my family to stop bringing junk home to me if its there ill eat it and its not good for me, and number 3 no matter how much i hate out side i got to go out more for walks.

If anyone else wants to give me pointers it would be great.

Are you tracking your weight on a trending app? Because 4 lbs is quite easily explained by water weight or food still in your system. The water weight especially if you over-did the bread compared to normal eating. I'm at the end of a diet break week where I did more carbs than normal and the scale is up 3 lbs. It's water is all and will go away soon on its own.

I know I want bread so I fit it in. FYI, I buy the thin sliced loaf that Superstore (I'm in BC) sells. Lower calorie just because it's thinner sliced, but still fills the wanting bread.

2 & 3 I'd agree with. Snowed here last week and I still ran the 5K park run. Kinda sucked but you can still get outside for a walk
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    I dont no if its the stress of the move coming up or if its muscle gain but the scale is staying at 480 and i was down to 476lbs. Going to have to go though my foods and see what i been doing wrong and change it but Top off my list no bread, number two tell my family to stop bringing junk home to me if its there ill eat it and its not good for me, and number 3 no matter how much i hate out side i got to go out more for walks.

If anyone else wants to give me pointers it would be great.

Are you tracking your weight on a trending app? Because 4 lbs is quite easily explained by water weight or food still in your system. The water weight especially if you over-did the bread compared to normal eating. I'm at the end of a diet break week where I did more carbs than normal and the scale is up 3 lbs. It's water is all and will go away soon on its own.

I know I want bread so I fit it in. FYI, I buy the thin sliced loaf that Superstore (I'm in BC) sells. Lower calorie just because it's thinner sliced, but still fills the wanting bread.

2 & 3 I'd agree with. Snowed here last week and I still ran the 5K park run. Kinda sucked but you can still get outside for a walk

I worked in bc at panarama last summer and loved it was hoping to go back this summer but Health got in the way.

• davidylin
    Options
    Based on previous postings, I believe some fiber in your diet and 25% more water might help move things along here.