October 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    ariceroni wrote: »
    @PastorVincent wow, first place across the board on Strava! Nicely done! Also I'm with @MNLittleFinn on this one, avoid long runs on the treadmill as much as possible. I typically run through the Chicago winters outside; my rule of thumb is that as long as it is above -10*F real feel I will run outside. I do avoid running when it is icy though, preferring instead to go during/immediately after a snowfall or waiting until they have plowed the streets once the ice sets in. Also it gets pretty windy here so I try not to go out if its over 25 mph winds, I just don't have the right gear for super windy and super cold

Yeah, that is my problem. My cold weather gear is somewhat limited. Still working out what temps I can deal without dropping even more cash on this "inexpensive" hobby. :)

• bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @navygrrl - Thanks so much! We lost my Dad last December, so this has been a hard year for us.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Oct 9 - Skipped. I kept going back and forth and just didn't wanna do it :-/
    Oct 10 - 1 mi walk, 3 mi run (with a few little breaks), .5 mi walk
    Oct 11 and 12 - Don't run on Wed/Thur.....not until I'm able to make morning running work again

So, we had a huge cool front that dropped us from mid-80s to 50. "Feels like" temp for my run was 45. It was AWESOME. Actually I was a little hot as usual. I wasn't quite sure how to dress since I'm doing the long warm up and cool down and walking is much different than running temp-wise. So I went with a jacket but 3 seconds into running I was hot. But it varied depending on if I was running into the wind so I just unzipped/zipped several times. Overall it wasn't bad and breathing the cooler air was definitely nice.

@Orphia Your back better start behaving! Forgive me if I've forgotten but have you ever had a back problem like this before? That's cool that your bosses thought you should race even if you get set back and miss work. LOL

@greenolivetree

Yes, dressing appropriately is so difficult sometimes!

It's probably going to be weather like that for my HM on Sunday. Too cool to go to the venue in my team T-shirt, but too hot to wear long sleeves, so I'm going to have to use the warm clothing drop. Hate having things to do before events. :smiley:

My back problem started when I was pregnant 24 years ago.

It used to go out on me every few months when I was heavier (2011-2014) and it would get better in a week or two.

Since losing weight, and starting to run in September 2015, this is only the second time it's gone out.

Both those times it's felt fine when running long before it felt fine sitting. Yep, we were made to move!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB Can you or someone refresh my memory?

You're doing the Whistler 50 mile / 80 km Ultra on Saturday?

This one?

http://www.bcathletics.org/Whistler50RelayUltra/register/#format
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    October Running Challenge
    Goal: 80 km
    Ran: 52.8/80 km

12/10/17 Run 8 km
    10/10/17 Run 8 km
    9/10/17 Run 5.3 km
    8/10/17 Rest Day
    7/10/17 Rest Day walk 3 km
    6/10/17 Run 8.5 km
    5/10/17 Run 7 km
    4/10/17 Run 7 km
    3/10/17 Run 9 km
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    LOL @shanaber ! I'd just fall over if I found my toe in my sock "like a slim Jim" ! Astounding.

Anyone in the OKC area wanna come run/meet up at the POOP run Dec 2nd? Think on it... I registered for the 5.5 mile trail run. There is also a 2.5 and a half. @BEERRUNNER will be there.

Don't make me go to work today... I dun wanna... And my tummy is still so angry. So so angry.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @shanaber NEVER! LOL I am a proud Phoenician and will participate in any Beat LA chant. I am happy with the Dbacks this season. After last year, I wasn't holding out much hope. Next up the kings. Although I think the Coyotes are gonna suck this year. The Cards suck. The Suns will probably suck. *sigh* It's a tough year to be an AZ sports fan.

Today is a rest day. Last night was Booty day. I need to find some more weights as I've maxed out my current dumbbells (unless I can get creative).
  • hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso What exercises does "Booty day" entail? Based on my injuries I think I could use that too!