Of refeeds and diet breaks

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Happy birthday guys!

I too am a blimpy blimp. Everyone else all "all the food weight has whooshed off now" while I'm over here resembling a beach ball still. Mind you, I had a bit of an overboard day again yesterday so there will be food and bloat form that. I really do need until end of first week in January to have any vague idea of what I did the last week or so. I do know it's not even close to the 7lbs I'm currently sporting.

I'm doing that thing of going back and looking at Trendweight to remind myself that it's perfectly normal for me to gain a kg mid cycle. And also that I've eaten maybe 1000 cals over this past week, not 7000. That blip had not bothered me at all for months. Hell, last month I had the pred weight as well, and just laughed it all off. Fun and games of getting used to maintaining again.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Mental guesstimate I'd say I will have maybe 1lb "true" gain. So yeah, quite watery.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Mental guesstimate I'd say I will have maybe 1lb "true" gain. So yeah, quite watery.

Slosh, slosh, slosh! Sending you wooshy thoughts.
  • VintageFeline
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

They'll have to wait. Wine tomorrow and nibbly bits. I also ate a lot of olives today. So all the retainy things again!
  • Nony_Mouse

They'll have to wait. Wine tomorrow and nibbly bits. I also ate a lot of olives today. So all the retainy things again!

I'm just ignoring the fact it's NYE. I think I'm about to have my leftover pizza for breakfast, but that's easily worked in.
  • VintageFeline
    I pretty much never drink or have all the nibbly bits so I'm cool with doing it tomorrow. My annual tradition whilst watching and live Tweeting Jools Holland.
  • VintageFeline
    I don't know how this creeps up on me every year but my dear god I'm 36 in 3 weeks.

You can guarantee I shall also be retaining water in 3.1 weeks.............
  • Nony_Mouse
    I don't know how this creeps up on me every year but my dear god I'm 36 in 3 weeks.

I have 7 1/2 weeks, am in denial about the number attached, and refuse to accept MFP taking 50 cals a day off me for no good reason.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member

Dear glob, I'm old enough to be your mother (same age differential between us as between my mother and I).

It just struck me.

I shall now be amused for the remainder of my day.

I have 2 daughters older than Vintage!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    mmapags wrote: »

Dear glob, I'm old enough to be your mother (same age differential between us as between my mother and I).

It just struck me.

I shall now be amused for the remainder of my day.

I have 2 daughters older than Vintage!

Me too!
  • Nony_Mouse
    You're all making me feel about 15. Thanks!

I'm only old enough to be your older sister (you were obviously the surprise baby), if that helps :)
  • VintageFeline

I'm only old enough to be your older sister (you were obviously the surprise baby), if that helps :)

The surprise baby in fiction and non-fiction families it seems.
  • Nony_Mouse

Oi! I'm not fiction, I'm family you choose :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2017

I actually have one of those. He'll be turning 16 next year. People often think I'm his grandmother.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member

When is your birthday? My husband will be 36 around the same time as you...
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member

I actually have one of those. He'll be turning 16 next year. People often think I'm his grandmother.

Haha, my youngest brother is 18 years younger than me - people used to think I was his mother (cue acute teen angst). My mom was 41 when he was born, and 43 when her first granddaughter was born. It's funny, at the time I thought she was old, but my younger daughter just had her second child at age 40, and it doesn't seem that old at all. What perspective the years bestow!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    What perspective the years bestow!

This struck a chord with me, mph323. It's true and something I need to remember on days like this when I'm feeling my years. Thank you.