Of refeeds and diet breaks

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    What perspective the years bestow!

This struck a chord with me, mph323. It's true and something I need to remember on days like this when I'm feeling my years. Thank you.

:)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,139 Member
    edited December 2017
    All I know is that I would have been in trouble had Vintage been mine :wink:

... and that Nony IS trouble... but that's another story! Happy CatDay to the twins!

And I just realized that @Nony_Mouse is just under 9 hours away from welcoming 2018!!!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    All I know is that I would have been in trouble had Vintage been mine :wink:

... and that Nony IS trouble... but that's another story! Happy CatDay to the twins!

And I just realized that @Nony_Mouse is just under 9 hours away from welcoming 2018!!!!

11 hours 48 mins for me - not much further behind :)

Then... Diet break stops! Looking forward to being in a deficit again, although I'll probably start complaining about the lack of food shortly :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I don't know how this creeps up on me every year but my dear god I'm 36 in 3 weeks.

You can guarantee I shall also be retaining water in 3.1 weeks.............

When is your birthday? My husband will be 36 around the same time as you...

19th!
  • VintageFeline
    I think this just took a weird turn with everyone imagining me as their child.........I mean, I could do with parents other than the ones foisted upon me (one of which is no longer with us and the other which is no longer with me) but..........weird. Although if you want to send presents on high days and holidays to replace the ones I no longer get, feel free!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I think this just took a weird turn with everyone imagining me as their child.........I mean, I could do with parents other than the ones foisted upon me (one of which is no longer with us and the other which is no longer with me) but..........weird. Although if you want to send presents on high days and holidays to replace the ones I no longer get, feel free!

Close, but not a twin - he's the 23rd :) You definitely couldn't be my child, or even my sibling! (same age, but a May baby...)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member

You're firmly in the friend category in my mind, I had just never given thought to the age difference before.

I do suspect, though, that you'd be easier to buy gifts for than my actual daughter. She's ridiculously hard to shop for. She, um, might take after me in this regard.
  • VintageFeline

You're firmly in the friend category in my mind, I had just never given thought to the age difference before.

I do suspect, though, that you'd be easier to buy gifts for than my actual daughter. She's ridiculously hard to shop for. She, um, might take after me in this regard.

I am easily pleased with gifts, a genuine benefit to not getting many is that everything delights you (just about).
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited January 2018

I’ll be 35 next year and I’m still waiting for people to not treat me like a young ‘un at work. I’m pretty sure I don’t look all that much younger than I am, but I guess I’m short? According to the popular cultures, I’m looking forward to my lady bits drying up come the big 3-5 and the number of cats in my house to multiply by at least four. But that’s okay, because if I haven’t quit smoking by then, I assume I’ll just fall over dead the day after my birthday.

Good times!

I’ve been weighing on and off during my diet break, but I usually estimate after feast days, and there have been more of those than planned. I’m guessing I’ve gained a couple of pounds of fat? So it goes. I’ve been at this long enough that I’m not too worried. I’ve been thinking about going to a once a week weighing pattern for a while though, just because I think backing off the data might be good for me. We will see. Happy New Years, all!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    My poor ankles. And thighs. Compression stocking are now on, because ouch. I can tell just from looking at them that there is an ungodly amount of water weight.

Figured that what the heck. If it's going to be this bad, I'll get Thai for dinner. And try like heck to not look at a scale until at least Tuesday. Or until my ankles and thighs at least look *normal* again/
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Mental guesstimate I'd say I will have maybe 1lb "true" gain. So yeah, quite watery.

Slosh, slosh, slosh! Sending you wooshy thoughts.

Hahaha, this made me laugh out loud. :smile:

My this thread moves fast! 52 pages since I last looked. I must try harder to keep up!! Happy New Year, all!
  • collectingblues
    Yay for fluid pushing! Woke up ... often ... during the night, and this morning, was only a pound heavier than when I left. Thighs look much more defined. Ankles not quite there yet, but considering all of the sodium yesterday as well, I will totally take this, and will be eager to see where things finally settle out.

2018's goal; Figure out how the kitten to eat actually consistently, *and* maintain my weight at a level I find manageable.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Happy New Year to all lurking and posting on the best thread on MFP!

Oh phew, were are the best thread? Needs more aliens though, right?

Obviously. Especially for the refeeds.
  • collectingblues

How do we cook alien? Do we know the nutrient breakdown?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member

How do we cook alien? Do we know the nutrient breakdown?

I don't think we're meant to eat them. Just thank them for their benevolent gift of carbohydrates. And possibly some other stuff.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    But I imagine if we did cook them, they'd taste like chicken.