Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    WHERE ARE THE ALIENS! (A little cross between Gale and shouty guy
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    mmapags wrote: »

You're in Mexico. They'll be somewhere around the pyramids.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    -7 F, -21 C last night about 9pm.

Car veers off non-slick road (I wonder why on Dec 31) and knocks a pole down into electrical wires causing huge neighborhood outage.

Run to storage for my emergency natural gas fired ventless heater (should have brought home earlier) and get setup.
    Power back up 1am.

What a fun night.

• Nony_Mouse
    heybales wrote: »

Car veers off non-slick road (I wonder why on Dec 31) and knocks a pole down into electrical wires causing huge neighborhood outage.

Run to storage for my emergency natural gas fired ventless heater (should have brought home earlier) and get setup.
    Power back up 1am.

What a fun night.

I can't even wrap my head around temperatures that low. Especially when it's already 24-25 C at 9.30 in the morning (it's not meant to get any hotter. Please don't let it get any hotter...).
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    heybales wrote: »

Power back up 1am.

What a fun night.

That sounds dire. I can't even imagine. I'm freezing all the time in a comfortably heated home!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Happy New Year to all lurking and posting on the best thread on MFP!

Oh phew, were are the best thread? Needs more aliens though, right?

Obviously. Especially for the refeeds.

How do we cook alien? Do we know the nutrient breakdown?

I don't think we're meant to eat them. Just thank them for their benevolent gift of carbohydrates. And possibly some other stuff.

Considering I'm watching Twilight Zone at the moment, this seems certainly plausible.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    So yeah, I checked. And yeah, there are aliens in the database. I suppose it's probably a brand name I'm unaware of but based on my movie viewing, aliens look like something you should make jerky out of if you're planning a menu.

At least now I have proof there's SOMETHING I left uneaten this last couple of weeks lol.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    -9F when I took the dog for a walk this AM at 10! Happy New Year everyone. Thanks for your funny and informative posts, all the kitten and scenery and other random photos, and for being you!
  • GottaBurnEmAll

OF COURSE THEY ARE!! WAKE UP SHEEPLES!! THE ALIENS KNOW CALOREEZ DON'T EXIST. WHY DON'T YOU??!!

Tell me shouty guy, is this why potatoes grew on Mars?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Personally, I'm thankful to our alien benefactors.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member

OF COURSE THEY ARE!! WAKE UP SHEEPLES!! THE ALIENS KNOW CALOREEZ DON'T EXIST. WHY DON'T YOU??!!

Tell me shouty guy, is this why potatoes grew on Mars?

OF COURSE! AT LEST ONE OF YOUZ GETZ IT!! :D
  • collectingblues

You can thank me later for this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEy9Z44GXyc
  • Nony_Mouse

You can thank me later for this episode:

I shall watch later and enjoy!!
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    edited January 2018
    Maxxitt wrote: »
    -9F when I took the dog for a walk this AM at 10! Happy New Year everyone. Thanks for your funny and informative posts, all the kitten and scenery and other random photos, and for being you!

Same here. Except two dogs (who don't walk well together) at 8 AM and two walks. But quiet and not windy, and I actually enjoyed the walks. Not a bad way to start a new year, even at these temps.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    edited January 2018

You can thank me later for this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEy9Z44GXyc

I just hit the play button, saw the episode title and remembered the punchline of the whole thing (which I've seen before many times).

Brilliant post.
  • collectingblues

I just hit the play button, saw the episode title and remembered the punchline of the whole thing (which I've seen before many times).

Brilliant post.

It is by far my favorite episode ever. And man, I love when my interests intersect at just the right time. ;)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member

Brilliant post.

It is by far my favorite episode ever. And man, I love when my interests intersect at just the right time. ;)

Legit just makes me get all wistful because of Tower of Terror in Disney World.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member

Aliens are not benefactors. Just ask Bill Pullman.

arv4m6c8a3rj.png

Side note: Aliens. Best. Sci-fi. Movie. Evah.