Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    The funniest thing there is that I was almost an early childhood teacher, and am actually a qualified nanny. People assume I don't like kids because I don't have any (active choice), but I actually think 3-5 year olds are one of the best things on the planet. Quite like puppies really. I just want to be able to give them back. And I don't get babies at all.

My siblings were close in age to me, and we lived far enough away from my cousins that I didn't get much experience with their kids, either. I tended to keep to myself so I don't have much experience with babies period, and they make me nervous. If I can't talk to the child and have it talk back to me so that we can communicate on some level, I'm out of my depth!

I still don't think I would mind having kids; it just wasn't an ardent passion of mind - I'd be quite happy if it happened eventually, but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't. Though if I ever considered adoption, it would most definitely be an older kid - at least 4 and up!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I like animals in general. It's not limited to cats and dogs. I'm not too fond of insects being in my personal space, but they do fascinate me.

What about these ones? Cook Straight giant weta. They are like the cows of the insect world, gentle and passive. They love peanut butter. Generally not found on the mainland islands now other than in eco-sanctuary type places.

540254_10151653311899123_778263749_n.jpg?oh=08db67cfd39dd71ec8f13f82142ad0e0&oe=5AA3E321
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    anubis609 wrote: »

Aw, but they are beautiful!!

I sadly never managed to get one holding a tuatara (if you want a truly ancient reptile, they take the prize hands down) when I worked for the Department of Conservation, but I have photos on my laptop at the lab so shall post later. I should have some Wellington Green Gecko ones too.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Oh wait, here's one. Thanks FB photos! She's very hard to see. Also no longer found on the mainland other than eco-sanctuaries. This one is one of the many residents of Wellington's harbour island, product of a very successful translocation programme.

523458_10151092762974123_1030145309_n.jpg?oh=ac3a39a9f8346a2fc06bd15d5e731aa9&oe=5A8FC9D2
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm totally okay with the reptiles! i would have loved to hold it.

We know how I feel about creatures without an internal skeleton.. lol
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    anubis609 wrote: »
    I'm totally okay with the reptiles! i would have loved to hold it.

We know how I feel about creatures without an internal skeleton.. lol

Well, you'll probably be pleased to know that the tuatara population on that island didn't take off until they introduced the giant wetas. Yes, DoC are knowingly feeding one endangered species to another :D

(the wetas are thriving too, it's fine...)
  • anubis609
    Options
    Lol.. The only way to ensure population survival is to threaten its existence so they propagate.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I am an animal person through and through. When on hikes I am always delighted to meet a friendly horse or say hi to some sheeps and cows.

I'm not always delighted with bugs but they can be pretty cool. My only aw hell no is spiders and I have my brother to thank for that. I get better as I get older with the panic attacks!

I would love a dog but the smell, having to walk it even when I am peak must stay indoors mental and picking up poop (yes I deal with cat poop but I have a scoop!) mean I'm going to bodyswerve puppers. I have always had a low level yearning for a smallholding with goats and geese and dogs and hens. But only if I could afford help because that's also a lot like work.

Still no "proper" whoosh here. Most of the refeed water has gone. Considering just removing a limb at this point to hit goal weight.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I am an animal person through and through. When on hikes I am always delighted to meet a friendly horse or say hi to some sheeps and cows.

I'm not always delighted with bugs but they can be pretty cool. My only aw hell no is spiders and I have my brother to thank for that. I get better as I get older with the panic attacks!

I would love a dog but the smell, having to walk it even when I am peak must stay indoors mental and picking up poop (yes I deal with cat poop but I have a scoop!) mean I'm going to bodyswerve puppers. I have always had a low level yearning for a smallholding with goats and geese and dogs and hens. But only if I could afford help because that's also a lot like work.

Still no "proper" whoosh here. Most of the refeed water has gone. Considering just removing a limb at this point to hit goal weight.

I'd love to have a hobby farm. I am seriously considering getting chickens this spring since I've moved to the country; we'll see where we go from there. Milk goats I think would be fun!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

I'd love to have a hobby farm. I am seriously considering getting chickens this spring since I've moved to the country; we'll see where we go from there. Milk goats I think would be fun!

I was totally going to have hens when I moved to my current place. Then my body went 'hey, guess what? I'll make you red and rashy if you eat the eggies now!'. :(
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Eek!!!!!!!!
  • anubis609
    Options
    Yep. I'm just gonna send him a bunch of memes to keep him company while he's busy trying to edit.
  • JoLightensUp
    JoLightensUp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My last derailment.. I have (had) one of each. Cleo the dog passed away 25/4/2017. I took this pic in the morning, and she passed that evening. These 2 were best buds :heart:

fjikvxa3oyia.jpg

That's so beautiful and so sad. I'm sure you and your cat both miss her a lot.