• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Finally getting around to watching this, cos appropriate for me:

https://youtu.be/4UHwjW9p_aE
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Bahahahaha, so I decided to double up on flaxseed oil in my salad for EFAs, thought I should measure it since I don't know what 10ml looks like sitting in my lemon juice. Apparently I don't know what 5ml looks like either (yes, I know it's weird that someone as precise on logging as me doesn't measure their oil!), and have been under-dosing. Bahahahaha. Of course it's only something like 20 cals a day max that I'm over-logging. But from now on I shall measure my oil...
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Right, looking to come in with around a ~280 cal surplus, 179g of protein.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Bahahahaha, so I decided to double up on flaxseed oil in my salad for EFAs, thought I should measure it since I don't know what 10ml looks like sitting in my lemon juice. Apparently I don't know what 5ml looks like either (yes, I know it's weird that someone as precise on logging as me doesn't measure their oil!), and have been under-dosing. Bahahahaha. Of course it's only something like 20 cals a day max that I'm over-logging. But from now on I shall measure my oil...

It's funny when that happens.

I had a bit of the opposite reaction last night. Peanut butter is a "sometimes" food in my house, because it's delicious, and if I'm not careful, I can devour the whole container in a week.

So I'd be a little lazy last week -- since it was generally a sucky week -- about weighing it out, and instead just scooping a spoon out, and calling it good.

But last night, I decided that OK, let's weigh it, just so I can see how awful I was being, and then get back on track.

Oops. It turns out that no, I wasn't underestimating ... What I scooped out was actually *half* of what I thought I was eating.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I have my day after the day after weight bump. 3lbs up. Impressive. My hip is still a bit narked off at me so not working out again today. The mental fatigue struggle is real too, bleh.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Love the new profile picture @VintageFeline .

I seem to have settled in to 2 pounds above my previous low weight, which is about where I would be normally after a weekend refeed, so that's good after Thanksgiving's indiscretions.

I just started the new lower dose of thyroid meds. It will be interesting to see what this dose to my loss patterns, if anything. It's just a minor adjustment.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    anubis609 wrote: »
    If you lost an extra 1.5 lbs over the past four days, that's a rate of an extra 0.375 as a multiplier, if you want to math it out to a daily number to aim for.

At the rate you're going, it's 2.625lb/week, which is a weekly deficit of 9187.5kcal, or an extra loss of 1312kcal per day.

Optionally, you could incorporate the multiplier to your current calculated maintenance and add that result to your current intake.. which even at 2000kcal hypothetical maintenance is an additional 750kcal per day..

How hungry are you? Lol.

For sanity's sake, if you're actually trying to halt the loss, have the mid-week refeed.

Well, some of it may be residual fat loss from last week's hypothetical late phase luteal deficit. Who the hell knows?!! I could just roll with it and be at goal by the end of the week :tongue: . There's also the possibility that some of it is water weight, though I don't feel dehydrated (and I am super sensitive to dehydration). But even if only half of it is eczema-generated, that's still a fair whack.

Energy level is not awesome today, but better than yesterday, so I am going to try to get through strength training, but that won't put me far above sedentary (which at my size is piss all in terms of cals).

Oh, and pred is catabolic. It's gonna eat ma muscles!! Though, probably not in ten days, but good incentive to up protein even more and train.

Yeah a short stint on pred is fine :wink: Overall, let's call the loss a residual catch-up from the past week + rash flare-up + water loss/fluid redistribution and excretion. Personally, I'd just bump up my protein to 1.5-2g/lb/lbm lol. That's my usual lever for recovery needs.

Um, wanna take a guess at my lean body mass for me?? :tongue: I'd guess me at around 25% BF

(legit if you want to, I can send you the link to my progress pics)

I'll give it a shot. I'm usually within a reasonable margin of error.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    If you lost an extra 1.5 lbs over the past four days, that's a rate of an extra 0.375 as a multiplier, if you want to math it out to a daily number to aim for.

At the rate you're going, it's 2.625lb/week, which is a weekly deficit of 9187.5kcal, or an extra loss of 1312kcal per day.

Optionally, you could incorporate the multiplier to your current calculated maintenance and add that result to your current intake.. which even at 2000kcal hypothetical maintenance is an additional 750kcal per day..

How hungry are you? Lol.

For sanity's sake, if you're actually trying to halt the loss, have the mid-week refeed.

Well, some of it may be residual fat loss from last week's hypothetical late phase luteal deficit. Who the hell knows?!! I could just roll with it and be at goal by the end of the week :tongue: . There's also the possibility that some of it is water weight, though I don't feel dehydrated (and I am super sensitive to dehydration). But even if only half of it is eczema-generated, that's still a fair whack.

Energy level is not awesome today, but better than yesterday, so I am going to try to get through strength training, but that won't put me far above sedentary (which at my size is piss all in terms of cals).

Oh, and pred is catabolic. It's gonna eat ma muscles!! Though, probably not in ten days, but good incentive to up protein even more and train.

Yeah a short stint on pred is fine :wink: Overall, let's call the loss a residual catch-up from the past week + rash flare-up + water loss/fluid redistribution and excretion. Personally, I'd just bump up my protein to 1.5-2g/lb/lbm lol. That's my usual lever for recovery needs.

Um, wanna take a guess at my lean body mass for me?? :tongue: I'd guess me at around 25% BF

I'm generally better at assessing the men folk since I have more practice with them and women's bf distribution skews visual accuracy.. plus not very many women like to hear that my objective assessment is brutally higher than they'd like lol.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

I had a bit of the opposite reaction last night. Peanut butter is a "sometimes" food in my house, because it's delicious, and if I'm not careful, I can devour the whole container in a week.

So I'd be a little lazy last week -- since it was generally a sucky week -- about weighing it out, and instead just scooping a spoon out, and calling it good.

But last night, I decided that OK, let's weigh it, just so I can see how awful I was being, and then get back on track.

Oops. It turns out that no, I wasn't underestimating ... What I scooped out was actually *half* of what I thought I was eating.

I think this is an ED thing. And it's why I weigh my food even though I am incredibly good at eyeballing. That oil puddle would have been the right size originally (measured). I've just made it smaller and smaller.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

I think this is an ED thing. And it's why I weigh my food even though I am incredibly good at eyeballing. That oil puddle would have been the right size originally (measured). I've just made it smaller and smaller.

I don't doubt that it is. I know when I've spot checked oil, I've been surprised that a tablespoon is more than I think a tablespoon is, or that, say, 2 ounces of pasta is *a lot* of pasta -- and that's with my *always* weighing pasta.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

How hungry are you? Lol.

How hungry are you? Lol.

I'm generally better at assessing the men folk since I have more practice with them and women's bf distribution skews visual accuracy.. plus not very many women like to hear that my objective assessment is brutally higher than they'd like lol.

Will send you both the link. @anubis609, I invite brutal honesty. Not going to meet my goals with people going 'no, no, you look great, don't need to do a thing!!'. And yeah, my shape is a *kitten* to assess, I admit. IRL people see the tiny torso and seem to miss the hips and thighs that balance that out!

Also, four hours sleep, just to add to the feeling *kitten* great. And that was drug (benzo) induced.

Weight: stable, actually up 100g. OMG, youse guys told me to eat more and I got fat!!! :tongue:

I'm an expert in making t3h gainz!! (◕‿◕✿) jk, I still have to get through a leanbulk cycle. Lol.

Your shape is actually the prototypical female. Carrying more torso fat (proportionally) would be more of an androgenic assessment, and it's just not as common among women, though they would be better at Olympic and powerlifting for their body type.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

How hungry are you? Lol.

How hungry are you? Lol.

Will send you both the link. @anubis609, I invite brutal honesty. Not going to meet my goals with people going 'no, no, you look great, don't need to do a thing!!'. And yeah, my shape is a *kitten* to assess, I admit. IRL people see the tiny torso and seem to miss the hips and thighs that balance that out!

Also, four hours sleep, just to add to the feeling *kitten* great. And that was drug (benzo) induced.

Weight: stable, actually up 100g. OMG, youse guys told me to eat more and I got fat!!! :tongue:

I'm an expert in making t3h gainz!! (◕‿◕✿) jk, I still have to get through a leanbulk cycle. Lol.

Your shape is actually the prototypical female. Carrying more torso fat (proportionally) would be more of an androgenic assessment, and it's just not as common among women, though they would be better at Olympic and powerlifting for their body type.

Pfft, I am hourglass. Most women would kill for that base shape! My waist is still slightly out of sync for true hourglass (it's about an inch too big), but it will be made to conform.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

How hungry are you? Lol.

How hungry are you? Lol.

Responded. And you are right, you are hard to assess.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

How hungry are you? Lol.

How hungry are you? Lol.

That damn sports bra makes my bewbs look smaller than they are!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

How hungry are you? Lol.

How hungry are you? Lol.

I feel like both our boobs look small in bra pictures. It's when I'm clothed or, ahem, nakey, that they reveal their truth.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

How hungry are you? Lol.

How hungry are you? Lol.

I'm a glute man, myself (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Yeah, working on those :\
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

How hungry are you? Lol.

How hungry are you? Lol.

I feel like both our boobs look small in bra pictures. It's when I'm clothed or, ahem, nakey, that they reveal their truth.

Stupid photos.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    They add ten lbs too, so I hear.