Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    anubis609 wrote: »
    If you lost an extra 1.5 lbs over the past four days, that's a rate of an extra 0.375 as a multiplier, if you want to math it out to a daily number to aim for.

At the rate you're going, it's 2.625lb/week, which is a weekly deficit of 9187.5kcal, or an extra loss of 1312kcal per day.

Optionally, you could incorporate the multiplier to your current calculated maintenance and add that result to your current intake.. which even at 2000kcal hypothetical maintenance is an additional 750kcal per day..

How hungry are you? Lol.

For sanity's sake, if you're actually trying to halt the loss, have the mid-week refeed.

Well, some of it may be residual fat loss from last week's hypothetical late phase luteal deficit. Who the hell knows?!! I could just roll with it and be at goal by the end of the week :tongue: . There's also the possibility that some of it is water weight, though I don't feel dehydrated (and I am super sensitive to dehydration). But even if only half of it is eczema-generated, that's still a fair whack.

Energy level is not awesome today, but better than yesterday, so I am going to try to get through strength training, but that won't put me far above sedentary (which at my size is piss all in terms of cals).

Oh, and pred is catabolic. It's gonna eat ma muscles!! Though, probably not in ten days, but good incentive to up protein even more and train.

Yeah a short stint on pred is fine :wink: Overall, let's call the loss a residual catch-up from the past week + rash flare-up + water loss/fluid redistribution and excretion. Personally, I'd just bump up my protein to 1.5-2g/lb/lbm lol. That's my usual lever for recovery needs.

Um, wanna take a guess at my lean body mass for me?? :tongue: I'd guess me at around 25% BF

(legit if you want to, I can send you the link to my progress pics)

I'll give it a shot. I'm usually within a reasonable margin of error.
    If you lost an extra 1.5 lbs over the past four days, that's a rate of an extra 0.375 as a multiplier, if you want to math it out to a daily number to aim for.

At the rate you're going, it's 2.625lb/week, which is a weekly deficit of 9187.5kcal, or an extra loss of 1312kcal per day.

Optionally, you could incorporate the multiplier to your current calculated maintenance and add that result to your current intake.. which even at 2000kcal hypothetical maintenance is an additional 750kcal per day..

How hungry are you? Lol.

For sanity's sake, if you're actually trying to halt the loss, have the mid-week refeed.

Well, some of it may be residual fat loss from last week's hypothetical late phase luteal deficit. Who the hell knows?!! I could just roll with it and be at goal by the end of the week :tongue: . There's also the possibility that some of it is water weight, though I don't feel dehydrated (and I am super sensitive to dehydration). But even if only half of it is eczema-generated, that's still a fair whack.

Energy level is not awesome today, but better than yesterday, so I am going to try to get through strength training, but that won't put me far above sedentary (which at my size is piss all in terms of cals).

Oh, and pred is catabolic. It's gonna eat ma muscles!! Though, probably not in ten days, but good incentive to up protein even more and train.

Yeah a short stint on pred is fine :wink: Overall, let's call the loss a residual catch-up from the past week + rash flare-up + water loss/fluid redistribution and excretion. Personally, I'd just bump up my protein to 1.5-2g/lb/lbm lol. That's my usual lever for recovery needs.

Um, wanna take a guess at my lean body mass for me?? :tongue: I'd guess me at around 25% BF

I'm generally better at assessing the men folk since I have more practice with them and women's bf distribution skews visual accuracy.. plus not very many women like to hear that my objective assessment is brutally higher than they'd like lol.

Will send you both the link. @anubis609, I invite brutal honesty. Not going to meet my goals with people going 'no, no, you look great, don't need to do a thing!!'. And yeah, my shape is a *kitten* to assess, I admit. IRL people see the tiny torso and seem to miss the hips and thighs that balance that out!

Also, four hours sleep, just to add to the feeling *kitten* great. And that was drug (benzo) induced.

Weight: stable, actually up 100g. OMG, youse guys told me to eat more and I got fat!!! :tongue:

Responded. And you are right, you are hard to assess.

That damn sports bra makes my bewbs look smaller than they are!

I'm a glute man, myself (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Yeah, working on those :\

Not a complaint from my end lol. Your body type is conducive to booty gainz. Small framed Asian girls with flat and wide butts are a bit harder to develop. It's doable, but the effort is almost double haha.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    They add ten lbs too, so I hear.

The boobs or the photos? ;)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

How hungry are you? Lol.

How hungry are you? Lol.

I'm generally better at assessing the men folk since I have more practice with them and women's bf distribution skews visual accuracy.. plus not very many women like to hear that my objective assessment is brutally higher than they'd like lol.

Will send you both the link. @anubis609, I invite brutal honesty. Not going to meet my goals with people going 'no, no, you look great, don't need to do a thing!!'. And yeah, my shape is a *kitten* to assess, I admit. IRL people see the tiny torso and seem to miss the hips and thighs that balance that out!

Also, four hours sleep, just to add to the feeling *kitten* great. And that was drug (benzo) induced.

Weight: stable, actually up 100g. OMG, youse guys told me to eat more and I got fat!!! :tongue:

Not a complaint from my end lol. Your body type is conducive to booty gainz. Small framed Asian girls with flat and wide butts are a bit harder to develop. It's doable, but the effort is almost double haha.

It would help if my body would let me feel up to working on them!! I may pick away at SC today one superset at a time. Of course it's meant to hit 23 *kitten* degrees today, which in reality means a few degrees higher, it's already 18 at 8.30 am. Also hella tired from the mighty 4 hours sleep.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    They add ten lbs too, so I hear.

The boobs or the photos? ;)

Ha, both!!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

How hungry are you? Lol.

How hungry are you? Lol.

It would help if my body would let me feel up to working on them!! I may pick away at SC today one superset at a time. Of course it's meant to hit 23 *kitten* degrees today, which in reality means a few degrees higher, it's already 18 at 8.30 am. Also hella tired from the mighty 4 hours sleep.

My body hasn't let me train in ... I think it's going on 5 weeks? Nothing but walking and my little toothbrushing/microwaving my tea bodyweight stuff. That amounts to about 100 squats and 80 push ups a day.

Granted I do a lot of walking and can walk even when I feel like crap (it takes a killer migraine to keep me from walking, in fact, I often find walking distracting from the head pain when I have one that's not quite strong enough to medicated but that's painful enough to be annoying), so that means my TDEE hasn't really suffered much.

I am always amazed and inspired by how you still get those steps in. I'm a wimp. I did go for a lovely dusk walk last night. Was so good to get out of the house for something that wasn't a quick errand run. I got to say hi to horses and bunnies and cows :)

But basically I should be able to do it as long as I don't get up a sweat (hence picking at it). Once it hits dry, scabby stage may be a different matter, cos flexing that skin, ugh. It may be okay, I've always managed to not let my neck/collarbones get that dried out (cos vain, so I will just slap on emollient constantly).
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

How hungry are you? Lol.

How hungry are you? Lol.

My body hasn't let me train in ... I think it's going on 5 weeks? Nothing but walking and my little toothbrushing/microwaving my tea bodyweight stuff. That amounts to about 100 squats and 80 push ups a day.

Granted I do a lot of walking and can walk even when I feel like crap (it takes a killer migraine to keep me from walking, in fact, I often find walking distracting from the head pain when I have one that's not quite strong enough to medicated but that's painful enough to be annoying), so that means my TDEE hasn't really suffered much.

I am always amazed and inspired by how you still get those steps in. I'm a wimp. I did go for a lovely dusk walk last night. Was so good to get out of the house for something that wasn't a quick errand run. I got to say hi to horses and bunnies and cows :)

But basically I should be able to do it as long as I don't get up a sweat (hence picking at it). Once it hits dry, scabby stage may be a different matter, cos flexing that skin, ugh. It may be okay, I've always managed to not let my neck/collarbones get that dried out (cos vain, so I will just slap on emollient constantly).

I play games on my phone while I'm walking and do it when I'm bored to pass the time. Honestly, it helps keep my pain and fatigue to manageable levels, so that's why I do so much of it. Fifteen minutes here, Twenty minutes there. Throughout the day, it adds up. The thing is, I do most of it fairly briskly because over the time I want from being sedentary and toddling around with a cane and built up to where I am now, I've come to the point where it's pretty hard for me to just poke around even if I just try to.
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    @Nony_Mouse, hope your eczema's getting better. I have experience of prednisone through my son when he was a toddler. He received a very high dosage for an extended period of time, had the typical moon face and did put on weight but that was because I was stuffing food in him every few hours lol. (Had to make sure he kept his strength up!!)

@eponine1984, you're not the only one :) I have the same high from seeing the scales drop!

@Psychgrrl, thanks for the tips re hair loss. I think I'll do a check up on all my hormones too. I've always wondered why I feel cold all the time (hands/feet always cold) with a low body temp but I've always been healthy as a horse (as far as I know) so it didn't seem important before.

All, love all the photos of furry pets!

Incidentally, I'm another "INT" - INTJ-T so introverts unite in this thread!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    maybyn wrote: »
    @Nony_Mouse, hope your eczema's getting better. I have experience of prednisone through my son when he was a toddler. He received a very high dosage for an extended period of time, had the typical moon face and did put on weight but that was because I was stuffing food in him every few hours lol. (Had to make sure he kept his strength up!!)

Alas, no signs of improvement yet :\. It felt a lot cooler to the touch yesterday evening and less itchy, but but both are back with a vengeance. Have had a lovely tepid bath with pinetarsol, oatmeal, epsom salt, and a dermo body wash with pretty much every skin soothing think on the planet in it (well, not quite - coconut, oats, aloe, goat's milk, harakeke (flax), manuka honey...). But, only three doses in on the pred. I think some of it is looking like the swelling has settled, so I guess dry phase is next for those bits. Yay.

Cool charts @maybyn! I should do one like that, since I wrote it all out the other day.
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Alas, no signs of improvement yet :\. It felt a lot cooler to the touch yesterday evening and less itchy, but but both are back with a vengeance. Have had a lovely tepid bath with pinetarsol, oatmeal, epsom salt, and a dermo body wash with pretty much every skin soothing think on the planet in it (well, not quite - coconut, oats, aloe, goat's milk, harakeke (flax), manuka honey...). But, only three doses in on the pred. I think some of it is looking like the swelling has settled, so I guess dry phase is next for those bits. Yay.

Cool charts @maybyn! I should do one like that, since I wrote it all out the other day.

Thanks @Nony_Mouse, I did monthly numbers primarily because I was getting so anxious about daily and weekly numbers, seeing no progress (seemingly). It was a great relief to see progress by month and even when I thought I was in maintenance or even surplus (end Sep/beginning Oct), I wasn't actually. The mind's a powerful thing.

Sorry to hear about the non improvement. Hope you recover quickly. Dry phase sounds better than swelling with fluid?!!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Love the chart, maybyn!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Well done @maybyn! That's honestly the best example of being able to look at progress from a "big picture" view. The more myopic people tend to view their fluctuations, meals, activity, etc., the less long term success they tend to see. It almost becomes too easy to micromanage our lives minute to minute and meal to meal. If you zoom out and look at the long running data, it actually projects a clearer trend :smile:
  • Nony_Mouse
    edited November 2017
    Options

Thanks @Nony_Mouse, I did monthly numbers primarily because I was getting so anxious about daily and weekly numbers, seeing no progress (seemingly). It was a great relief to see progress by month and even when I thought I was in maintenance or even surplus (end Sep/beginning Oct), I wasn't actually. The mind's a powerful thing.

Sorry to hear about the non improvement. Hope you recover quickly. Dry phase sounds better than swelling with fluid?!!

Nope, swaps one evil for another really! Especially if I can't keep on top of the need for emollient. The classic eczema pics you see if you Google are dry phase, and the worst of the worst are dry, cracked, and bleeding. I've never gotten to that (maybe as a child, don't remember), though came close last year with my elbow creases. Though I think all that bending with elbows and knees doesn't help. I was really on top of my elbows though, slapping on cream the second they got dry. My underarms are currently in dry repair phase, actually coming along quite nicely (antijinx), but because they haven't really been itchy, and aren't right in front of me, I haven't been getting emollient on them as frequently as I should. When they're dry, they look like classic old lady spent too much time in the sun leathery skin.

Interesting observation - eczema swells more the more fat there is on that body part. At least that's my N=1, and why people often say 'oh no, that's hives, or a contact reaction, or...'. Because most people's experience/knowledge of eczema is confined to the classic locations such as elbows, knees, hands, neck etc, which relatively speaking, have less fat. The eczema on my neck and chest looks like sunburn when it's just quietly humming away (that's the other comment I get - 'oooh, you've gotten a bit of sun!'. What, through the inch layer of SPF50??).
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Oh and you know what's really fun? When dry phase is far enough along that you need to gently exfoliate off the dead skin. Cos that doesn't feel like coarse sandpaper at all.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I'm not really selling my Eczema Diet here, am I? :tongue:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,595 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    <cringing whimpering> <please fix it!>