Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Options

Replies

• MAWC515
    MAWC515 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a fan of Beachbody workouts having done TurboJam, Turbo Fire and Rockin' Body. I enjoy the 'dance' structure of these routines. I switched to T25 due to time imitations and have completed Alpha and Beta T25. They are fairly intense workouts but less dance - you will sweat in 25 mins. I am a 50 year old female and have lost no weight and few inches doing T25, but have toned up. I do not follow the diet plan, just exercise.

Some of the moves are very quick, that it took a while to get up to speed and I still 'modify' a few moves, but not many. Perhaps younger folks will see more results, but without restricting calories along with the exercise don't expect a lot of long term results. The calorie burn is only 250-300 per workout or about the same a one bagel and cream cheese.
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday and am blogging my progress.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/tmj4477
  • OlgaKotik
    OlgaKotik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Could anyone tell me if this workout involves a lot of heavy and loud jumping? I live in an apartment building on 2nd floor and I'm worried that my neighbors will complain if I jump around like a mad woman! But then again, it's only 25 minutes, may not be all that bad. Thanks!
  • timpolin
    timpolin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 54 year old male. I have had major back surgery, Achilles tendon surgery, and knee surgery. I started my journey last January. I have logged my food for over 400 days now, and I love it. I started T25 this past January. I had been walking at lunch, but I wanted something more, so I did this.

The first couple days, it was really rough. I struggled with my back and the Achilles Tendon. After a few weeks, I just took a couple minutes and warmed up before I started. There are now 5 people in my office. We use a training room and a projector. We have completed Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. I have only lost about 5 pounds, but you wouldn't believe the difference in my body. I have biceps for the first time in my life. I have abs. They are under a little layer of fat, but I can feel them under there.

It is the best exercise program I've ever used. I have tried everything to get fit. I've done half marathons, ridden century rides on road bike, triathlons, and utilized personal trainers. This is by far the best ever.

The planks frightened me at first because of the back surgery, but I have strengthened my core so much until the planks are a non event.

I have been blogging about my journey since January. Mylastfatchance.com

Good luck
  • Jsstewart22
    Options
    I did my first Total Body Circuit last night and totally agree with a previous poster (don't know how to quote that post??) - It was by far the hardest 25 minutes of exercise I can remember. I felt like I was going to pass out at the end. But time for ab intervals tonight!
  • Jsstewart22
    Options
    Could anyone tell me if this workout involves a lot of heavy and loud jumping? I live in an apartment building on 2nd floor and I'm worried that my neighbors will complain if I jump around like a mad woman! But then again, it's only 25 minutes, may not be all that bad. Thanks!

Yes there is a lot of jumping! But if you can land gracefully, on the balls of your feet, maybe it won't be so bad. :)
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I haven't even gone through a full week of it, but yeah... a lot of jumping and a lot of turning around and a lot of squats and a lot of the same actually. At least the first 3 videos hardly gave me anything all that different from one another. But considering I'm trying to use it as a second workout... I dunno... It kind of bores me, but then again I'm horrible with coordination and his dance-ish-like moves are... well... not too intense for me maybe because I'm not doing them properly (due to having no coordination). I will continue using them though for now as this gives me extra 200ish cals burn, but I'm already on my search for something more intense and different (I think Body Revolution spoiled me with having so many different videos).
  • Guitar1969
    Guitar1969 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up my 3rd week of it, and can do a majority of the exercises unmodified now, with the exception of the Total Body Circuit - Just can't do the pushup variations and spider legs, oblique pushups, and the pilates stuff. On the video, all the poelpe are just moaning and diying at this point. I can't make it through this particular workout session, and don't feel I am at 3rd week level even though I can get through the others ok. I am not one to like to modify, and unfortunately the videos do not show the modifier enough on some of the exercises anyways. Considering by 5th week, we are expected to do 3 TBC sessions, I am seriously thinking of going back to week one, or just making up my own schedule until I can get through - Sure beta will be more difficult so I need to get a better handle on alpha.
  • Guitar1969
    Guitar1969 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't think it can be done quietly unless you are doing the modifying. I have thought of trying it in my second floor office, but the squat jums, jumping jacks etc are going to make a lot of noise on a second floor.
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up my 3rd week of it, and can do a majority of the exercises unmodified now, with the exception of the Total Body Circuit - Just can't do the pushup variations and spider legs, oblique pushups, and the pilates stuff. On the video, all the poelpe are just moaning and diying at this point. I can't make it through this particular workout session, and don't feel I am at 3rd week level even though I can get through the others ok. I am not one to like to modify, and unfortunately the videos do not show the modifier enough on some of the exercises anyways. Considering by 5th week, we are expected to do 3 TBC sessions, I am seriously thinking of going back to week one, or just making up my own schedule until I can get through - Sure beta will be more difficult so I need to get a better handle on alpha.
    Total Body Circuit is probably the most difficult and that's even comparing to the beta workouts. Beta is only difficult for some of the workouts, but this is when you really start seeing results.
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am on the 4th week of T25. Am I the only one who has not lost ANY weight at all??!??!?! I am following the diet recommended, which is low-carb and 1600 calories-- recommended by my coach. I've "lost" maybe 3 lbs. I do the exercises to the letter, sometimes using the modifier or taking a second to catch my breath, but I'm burning and dripping sweat when I'm done. I don't do much outside of T25 except additional crunches on the off days when I don't do ab intervals. As for measurements, none of those are moving either. I feel like I'm stuck in the twilight zone... everyone else is losing weight and inches and its not working for me.

Literally, I am at a total loss. Is ANYONE else having this issue. I'm 5'3" and 166, so gross. My weight fluxes +/- 2lbs throughout the week, and I take my weight same time of day each time. I'm open to suggestion and conversation. Anything would be appreciated!
    You might just have water weight and that's normal. Same thing happened with me, no results for the first few weeks. I started seeing most of my results pre beta at about week 5
  • GoddessIsisTabby8
    Options
    Lovelyti2013 on YouTube did it and she has a health issue, so it took her about 5-6 months to get to her goal weight. She looks great! I'm going to get it because I saw how her body transformed.
  • xelzbethx
    xelzbethx Posts: 10
    Options
    I am on my last week of Beta. I was really struggling with the workouts when I first started 9 weeks ago and had NO IDEA how I was gonna make it. I haven't seen a whole lot of weight loss with the program, but I can DEFINITELY feel and see a difference in my body. My stamina is so much better and I feel like every day I can push harder and harder! Definitely happy I did it! Overall so far with T25 I've lost 7 pounds and 9 inches.
  • ARWIFE
    ARWIFE Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have been doing T25 for 17 weeks now, most days doing a minimum of 2 workouts, I love it!!!!
    I have lost 13 pounds, & a total of 10" (following the modifier for a good portion of the workout)......
    didn't have the expected results until I started keeping track of my calories on MFP, oddly enough
    I wasn't consuming enough calories to lose weight :-(
    I did buy core speed (totally awesome workout), total body circuit was my least favorite (it was
    a struggle), I had also bought gamma, did the hybrid version after the 10 weeks of alpha/beta,
    loved it except for speed 3!!!!!! now I have a new least favorite. Mainly because there is NO
    modifier to follow (although by this time in the workouts, you know how to modify so I did).
    I so enjoyed Shaun T's "character" I started looking at other workouts he has,
    ended up buying a couple of the HipHopAbs (1 & 2 level) and Rocking Body (several of them)....
    These end up being my "treat", love the energy of these workouts. Been wondering about Insanity
    the last few days, but after reading other peoples experiences I think I will start the gamma again :-)

But as to the original question of results: Yes I definitely had them!!!!!!!! After the first week I had
    energy to burn big time so I upped what I was doing.
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4 and I'm seeing a little bit of results. My only problem is that some of the workouts, no matter how many times I do them or using modifier, they can still be too hard to get through them all. I'm not overweight either, but I did Total Body Circuit the other day and it was by far the most difficult workout I've ever done in my life. That goes along with any lower body focus as well. I still see some results so I guess that's all that matters.

I just finished the final workout of Alpha today. I can honestly say that I never totally finished a TBC or Lower Focus without having to take little breaks, especially with TBC. Today was the killer Total Body and Lower Focus combo to finish off Alpha and I didn't even finish Lower Focus because it's just too much to do after three Total Bodies in one week.

As far as results go I have not seen the scale budge a single pound. Haven't lost or gained anything. I don't measure inches but I take comparison pictures each week and I can definitely see a difference in my waist, upper body, and back. My legs have to be gaining muscle after all the insane amount of lower body exercises Shaun T makes us do in Alpha. I'm not stressed too much about the lack of weight loss, as I figure I'm gaining muscle at the same rate as losing fat, and as long as I look and feel different and keep going, I'm sure I'll start to see results on the scale as I move into Beta.

I would recommend this program to anyone. I'm a night shift nurse and 25 minutes is a perfect amount of time for me to fit into my schedule before I leave for the night :).
  • nabah
    nabah Posts: 5
    Options
    Ok, here is a very honest review. I own both Insanity and P90x, by DH has done both, God love him, but I was hit by a car and was stuck in a wheel chair for a while.
    From my accident I also suffered from necrotizing fasciitis. (the flesh eating bacteria) and am now permanently missing 20% of my right leg, which is held together by skin grafts from my left leg... yeah think Frankenstein. :)
    I also do not have 60 minutes a day. T25 was perfect as it was 25 minutes a day and has Tanya (my life saver) as a modifier.
    Mind you I could not do 2 jumping jacks between my bum leg and lack of cardio. (yeah that bad of shape).
    That said...
    I am currently on week 4 day 3 of the Alpha program. I do about 75% modified and even need to use the situp pad to cushion my leg/knee for the pathetic attempt at the pushups... but I am working the entire 25 minutes.
    I am seeing progress. I can almost balance on one leg now during the cool down. I could not during week 1.
    I did not start T25 for weight loss (though I have about 40 lbs to lose) but to get back into shape and build some basic strength back. I believe I am doing this.
    I feel I will probably have to do the Alpha/Beta 4 or 5 cycles before I am ready for Gamma, but that is my ultimate goal.
    Although my weight by pounds is about the same my body fat has dropped 4%. I have a scale that measure it and although I know they are not as accurate as the calipers I am simply looking at the total difference.
    So in 4 weeks I have increased balance and I can actually do the burpies now, plus I am up to 8 jumping jacks (though not as fast as Shaun T)... Can't wait to see where I am after 10 weeks.
    I hope to move to Beta at week 6 but will have to let my body decide.

I have also motivated 5 co-workers to start T25 :)

If I can do this anyone can.

I have 4 words for you.

Just Keep Hitting Play.

You are my inspiration!!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Globe01
    Globe01 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi,

Just started Alpha for 2 days and my calf and thighs is feeling the soreness now.

Lost about 2 lbs within 2 days
    Monday: 170 lbs
    Today(Wed): 168 lbs

Not sure if this program could help me to lose more weights(Need to lose 35 lbs more) but we shall see by end of this week by comparing against the stats i have recorded on Monday
  • _trishaxo_
    _trishaxo_ Posts: 2
    Options
    Focus T25 is the best program ever. I lost 15lbs.
  • dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've completed insanity, done half of asylum (had to stop due to shin splints), and have gone through all of the t25 workouts. I'm now doing a beta/gamma hybrid with many days of doing two workouts back to back.

T25 is an excellent program and a great fit for me now. It's far less high impact than insanity and asylum. The jumping is there but it's not the kind of jumping that beats the hell out your body lol. I'm just so used to the length of insanity month 2 and asylum I just feel like I want more after the 25 minutes so I'll hit play again on a complimentary workout.

I highly recommend insanity too. If you've completed beta it'll be a natural step up.