Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Options

Replies

• Itsjustmich
    Options
    I'm not even a week in yet and i find myself searching for reviews on results as I can't see how I'm going to get any with this workout! I loved the idea of it as I hate dance workouts and the advertising made it seem like good results were on offer. Now I've only done the first two workouts so maybe I'm speaking too soon but it seems too easy so far! Yes I sweat and get a bit out if breath but I've keep up and not used the modifiers and it doesn't make my muscles sore the next day and isn't that much of a challenge. I'm sure doing it has more benefits than sitting in the couch but surely the 'before and after' photos that BB advertise aren't genuine (not solely down to T25 anyway).

I've never done any other workout program before, I occasionally go to a body pump class or go for a bit of cardio at the gym but I certainly wouldn't say I'm fit, so that shouldn't be the reason I'm finding it easy. I believe my technique is good and I'm giving 100%.
  • dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Alpha is definitely on the easy side, beta and gamma do offer a good workout. Alpha simply lays the foundation for you to be able to get through beta and gamma. IMO some people don't need alpha and would be better served to jump right into beta.

After insanity I did some alpha workouts during my cool-down from insanity. Yea I sweated and burned about 400 calories in 27 minutes (HRM), but the challenge wasn't there.

Right now I'm working out 5-6 days a week and I'll stack 2 betas or a beta and a gamma workout together for 2-3 of those days, do a gamma 2 days, and a beta by itself 1 day.
  • RatherBeFishing
    RatherBeFishing Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    honestly save your money. I have done it and I really didn't drop anymore then I would have doing anything else and it made my knees hurt. A girl I was dating did T25 three times and didn't get any noticeable results either. You will burn around 150-250 calories doing it. Depending on how hard you push it. now if you diet is good then you will get results, but they will not be any better then a good diet and running. Heavy lifting has got me the best results along with a good diet.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Don't forget guys T25 is marketed as an intermediate program from BeachBody. It's not designed to destroy you like Insanity, P90X, or Asylum. It's for people in the intermediate fitness range to improve up to those harder programs. For that purpose I think it's an excellent program. I wasn't able to work out for the past year and a half due to hernia issues. So when I started T25 Alpha I was completely out of shape. The first week of Alpha was absolute torture on my muscles. But the slow progression and intensity from Alpha to Beta to Gamma is exactly what I needed to get back into a routine. If T25 is to easy for you it's obvious your fitness level is beyond what the program was designed to achieve.
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I posted a few weeks back and just wanted to update results. T25 didn't seem like it was going to be successful the first month, but towards the end of the first month, you see little results. I'm now on week 4 of Beta Cycle and without a diet plan, 10lbs vanished in thin air. I was never obese which makes it harder to lose fat and the workouts are still difficult for me to do, but I guess that's how it's supposed to be. For everybody that is skeptical, I'm not a representative of beach body, just a customer. If I did stick to a diet plan, there would have been even better results, but it's never too late. I've done insanity and got good results. I don't think T25 is easier like what people say, but just my opinion.
  • kristinashelton
    Options
    I started T25 after training for and running marathons. A few weeks before I started I ran 2 marathons in 2 days, so I am in decent shape, T25 is still challenging for me, I am not very far into Alpha, health complications have forced me to start over more than once, but I can feel it working. You will never be able to out run/work a bad diet, as thats a huge part of weight loss, but sticking with this program will get you results.
  • Globe01
    Globe01 Posts: 10
    Options
    Minor update after trying out Alpha for 1 week

Waist: -1cm
    Chest: -5cm
    Thigh: -1cm
    Arm: no change

Weight: -3.2 lbs
    Body fats: -1.3%

Extremely motivated after seeing such results in just 1 week of Alpha. I believe Beta will definitely tone my body even further.
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    I start Gamma for the first time tonight. Speed 3.0. Yikes. Not sure if excited or nervous.

So my total loss from start of Alpha through end of Beta

Weight: -12.8 LBS
    Body Fat: -7.3%
    Waist: - 1.5 inches
    Belly: - - 4 inches

All in all I would say I am satisfied with the results. Still have a ways to go to complete my goals but T25 gave me that great start I needed. I will do the 4 weeks of Gamma and then decide from there. My wife is doing Les Mills Combat and she has already done P90X3. I can do either of those or go onto Insanity by myself. Decisions....decisions.
  • Globe01
    Globe01 Posts: 10
    Options
    Minor update after Alpha week 2

Result since the day i started my first Alpha workout

Waist: -3.5 cm

Weight: -6.5 lbs
    Body fats: -2.6%
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    Minor update after Alpha week 2

Result since the day i started my first Alpha workout

Waist: -3.5 cm

Weight: -6.5 lbs
    Body fats: -2.6%

Awesome results for the 2 week mark! Keep up the hard work!
  • justisroyster
    Options
    I'm now on my last week of T25 and just want to let all of the curious people know about my progress. In my last weigh in I noticed that I dropped 12 pounds without a strict diet. One thing that I don't like it's that I hardly nail any of the workouts and I heard that the beachbody supplements help. However, there is no way I can afford to keep taking those supplements at the moment. As a whole T25 it's a great program, but the workouts must be done right and done hard as you can. A healthy diet will make the results come faster and easier.
  • ShGr12
    ShGr12 Posts: 4
    Options
    This is an old post but I thought I-d chime in anyways. I started in February and finished in April. I wanted to get back into shape after having my son, he is 19 minths now. I didn't see much change at first through the Alpha phase but I think that is because it is a conditiining phase getting you ready for the next round. It took a bit for me to actually realize that my body was changing but I did mid-way through the Beta part. I have never lost huge amount of weight in any exercise program but I always have great success in losing inches. By the time I was done I lost 7 pounds and 20 inches. I felt great! And I could fit into my bikini although I would never wear it in public still. I could have done better, I did stick to their fast track meal plan for 2 weeks but stopped and stuck to what worked for me. I also didn't use Shakeology that they reccommend. I have tried it before but it is expensive. If you stick to the program and give it your all and try your best to eat healthy then you should have great succeess with it. Maybe by now you've already tried it.
  • briandjm127
    Options
    I'm just finish the first week of Focus T25 and I drop 10lb. I'm following the same diets that came with the DVD and I actually buy the Mega Men Sport, and is working a lot. Sometimes I dont have the chance to eat so I just drink a cup of Mega Men Sport and after that I don't feel to hungry. I'm only doing the T25 cuz I dont want to start run yet lol, but for all those people that wants to try it I really recommends Focus T25, and yes I'm not going to lie it is intense it feels like you been working out for 1hr, but hey is only 25min.
  • kristisquared
    Options
    I did 4 1/2 weeks of the alpha portion and gained inches and weight and lost definition in my arms and abs. I had been doing Jillian Michaels for a couple of years and had definition in my arms and abs. I bought this to change up my routine and liked the idea of a 25 minute workout. I have not been pleased with the program. I sweat a lot but at the end of the workout, I feel like I need to do another workout. I can't follow the diet that goes with the program as I have some severe food allergies/intolerances and his diet has several foods that are a no no for me. Going to try the beta portion and see if I get some positive results. Really wish I would have added a weight routine after I did my daily alpha workout.
  • IGotThis523
    Options
    I am just finishing week five of T25, and I really like it. I'm in my late 40s, moderately overweight, and I've always hated to exercise. I have knee pain that flares up with too much stress, so I've stuck with the modifier most of the way. I also have had recurrent issues with lower back, hip flexor, and shoulder pain. It got to the point where I was afraid to exercise because it was so scary having chronic pain at this young an age and I couldn't predict what would aggravate it. But I hated the way I looked and felt, so when a friend told me how much she was enjoying T25 -- with a hip replacement -- I decided to give it a try.

I'm most definitely not a trainer.

Just in the first week I could feel my core getting stronger. The back pain is GONE, and I can get up and down and out of bed without creaking. I feel younger, stronger, happier with myself. My knee flares up a little even with the modified moves, so I modify some moves even further to minimize any twisting. I figure just moving is better than nothing.

For the first four weeks I barely lost any weight, and I was afraid I'd hit that mid-age thing I'd always heard about, where it becomes impossible to lose weight. But I kept going because I liked how much stronger I was feeling, and the weight seems to be coming off more quickly. I've also started watching the grams of sugar in my diet, not just calories or WW points. And I started adding a little red chili pepper to my diet in hopes of firing up my metabolism. Something in all of this is working.

I haven't changed my diet a whole lot. I was already eating a lot of the foods he recommends. I have cut out the daily candy bar from the vending room, and that certainly makes a world of difference. Also watching my portions.

After five weeks I've lost just 3.8 lbs but again, I feel so much better in my body that it sort of doesn't matter.

I tell you all this because I figure there are probably other people out there like me, who are scared to try but are sick of the way they feel and/or look. To you I say, you can do this.

I like T25 because it goes fast, and I love Shaun T's presentation. I think he's adorable, and it really feels like he's coaching me personally -- corny but true. I appreciate the warmth that comes through. Some of the moves are a little complicated (hand-eye-foot coordination), but overall I find the routine very do-able.

My sole complaint is that I got a medium-to-hard-pitch sales call trying to sell me Shakeology and the other drink. I don't want to eat food that requires a payment plan. You can do just fine on T25 eating regular grocery store fare.
  • Bob_Or
    Bob_Or Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Call it a coincidence. I just finished my T25 Alpha phase yesterday. I am ready for Beta. I lost a total of 10 lbs. This program fits my needs. The 25 minutes (like 30 with the cooldown). I expect to repeat, if not improve, the results in the Beta phase. So far the wieght is ok, but the main diffrence is in how the clothes fill.... Thaks for reading.
  • Junebabe73
    Junebabe73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my second try at T25 and this time I am determined to get through it! I stopped halfway because I became bored and wanted to switch up. This time, with summer just around the corner, I have kicked it into high gear. I honestly do enjoy the workout and I love that it is so short, although the last 5 minutes seem like the longest minutes of my life. I am only on day 3 and already I can feel a little soreness in my shoulders so I hope its working. I really like the way Shaun T focuses on form and he stresses to go at your own pace an listen to your body. All in all, I do know people that have done it and had great results:) go for it!:happy:
  • eeh3
    eeh3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just finished week 5 of Alpha. I do like the workouts, and for a beginner, I did find that they were fairly easy to follow. I've had to modify on some moves due to a chronic bulging disc and lower back issues, but overall, I find it hasn't been too difficult for someone like me. I gained a lot of weight when I first injured my back several years ago, and I gained re with my last pregnancy. I'm very overweight and really motivated to take my life back, but I'm feeling a bit defeated. After 5 weeks, I see no visible improvements. I don't have a scale, and I typically don't follow one because muscle weighs more than fat so they are deceptive, but I thought I'd at least notice some change. Yes, I feel stronger, but I'd really love to start being able to look in the mirror and feel even a little bit good about myself. I've cut calories and changed my diet, but I don't understand why there hasn't been a bigger result. I have friends that look very different after the alpha phase. Anyone else feeling defeated or frustrated? Any advice?
  • justisroyster
    Options
    I've been finished with the program for about 2 weeks now. What I noticed is that I'm getting more results after I finished the schedule. Despite my plateau towards the end of the program, I enjoyed it. I recommend getting that E&E formula. It helps me get fueled and do the exercises correctly to get fast results. Just like any other body transformation, you need to eat healthy. It's hard, but the most important part of turning healthy is nutrition.
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    I've been finished with the program for about 2 weeks now. What I noticed is that I'm getting more results after I finished the schedule. Despite my plateau towards the end of the program, I enjoyed it. I recommend getting that E&E formula. It helps me get fueled and do the exercises correctly to get fast results. Just like any other body transformation, you need to eat healthy. It's hard, but the most important part of turning healthy is nutrition.

Yea the E&E works good. I had to dial it back a little though. I was taking two scoops at like 5:00 PM before my workouts and I was wide awake still at 11:00PM. So I only use 1 scoop now.

I believe this is my last week of Gamma this week. I think I will be moving onto P90X3 or Insanity. Haven't decided fully yet.