PKM0515 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Goals for today:
    • Eat breakfast.
    • Walk for at least 10 minutes.
    • Take iron.
    • Drink at least 2 glasses of water.

Did it all, and logged everything too! :)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    xfaithxpx wrote: »
    Please add me. I need all the support I can get

Love to have you join us! These threads are great - the support is wonderful, and keeps us all going!

This thread is very helpful and motivating, thanks to all the posters! <3
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Nov. 7th:
    Stay under 2000 cals✅
    Stay under 108 Carbs❌
    Drink 2L of water✅

Water intake is good. Plant Nanny App is REALLY helping with that! Non Scale Victory: my massage therapist saw me today for the first time in 6 months and she noticed I'd lost weight!

So I'm not doing so well with my carbs. Dispite paying close attention I still manage to be between 130-150. Im having a really hard time getting down the the 100-110 mark... but as long as my overall sugar and calorie intake is low I guess that's fine. I'm still loosing slowly but surely

Nov 8:
    Keep cals under 2000
    Keep carbs under 130
    Have a 100% relaxing evening
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Better calorie day yesterday, which was good. Still missed the mark but it was close. So I'm getting there. The main goal for this week is to just get back into the habit of logging again, and realizing what I'm eating.

I passed on meeting up for drinks last night. My wife jokingly asked if I was feeling well. Which also tells me that I need to cut back on alcohol, too.

Plan for the day is essentially the same: 30min of cardio, log every calorie, and drink water. If I can spend $3 at Starbucks as I walk to the office, I can certainly buy a big bottle of water to drink at work.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Better calorie day yesterday, which was good. Still missed the mark but it was close. So I'm getting there. The main goal for this week is to just get back into the habit of logging again, and realizing what I'm eating.

I passed on meeting up for drinks last night. My wife jokingly asked if I was feeling well. Which also tells me that I need to cut back on alcohol, too.

Plan for the day is essentially the same: 30min of cardio, log every calorie, and drink water. If I can spend $3 at Starbucks as I walk to the office, I can certainly buy a big bottle of water to drink at work.

Sounds like you have a good plan!

My goals for today are the same as yesterday except I'll walk for at least 15 minutes.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Goals for thursday, 11.9
    1. go to the gym on morning
    2. dentist appt at 11:30. If hubby and I go out to eat afterwards, make wise decisions
    3. drink water - 6 cups during the day
    4. drink water and sip on it in the evenings
    5. eat slowly - be mindful of eating, and enjoy each bite
    6. get back on here - be accountable
    7. read my response cards 4x tomorrow to remind myself of why I want/need to lose weight

@SweatsOnSunday - your goals are great in just realizing what you are eating. This is something I have to also work on - mindful eating!

@PrincesseAly23 - isn't it the best feeling when someone notices your hard work at losing weight! Congrats on that! Proud of you. And you are doing great! I'm like you, if you can keep calories where you want them to be, that is the main thing. One habit at a time .... !! I always want to lose weight really fast, and have even tried the low-carb, and while I did lose weight really fast, it did not last. The minute I started eating more carbs, all the weight came back on. So you are doing the smartest thing - watching calories is what really matters, and changing habits, and find a plan that you can stick with -- it is a lifestyle change.

I will have to look up that water app --- I really struggle with water! But is it only for iphones? I work on the computer a lot during the day, so I don't have my phone on to remind me. I wonder if it works on computers? I'll have to check it out!

• SweatsOnSunday
    Options
    @joan6630 What are response cards? I'm intrigued.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Goals for today:
    • Eat breakfast.
    • Walk for at least 10 minutes.
    • Take iron.
    • Drink at least 2 glasses of water.

Did it all, and logged everything too! :)

Wednesday was another successful day. Actually walked for 40 minutes and drank 4 glasses of water.

Same goals for today except 3 glasses of water. Wondering where to fit in the walk today.

Good luck, everyone! :)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @joan6630 What are response cards? I'm intrigued.

Me too! Inquiring minds want to know. ;)
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    my scale croaked last night and I ordered a new one and it will be here in a few days. Since I'm not sure how long it's been dying (and thus inaccurate), I have a new goal to be at least a pound less than the last reading on the scale. So for the next few days (supposed to arrive Monday, so Tuesday morning I would weigh in) until the scale arrives:
    - meals only, no munching or grazing except planned snacks, like my afternoon apple
    - No more than 5 Hershey's kisses a day
    - at least 15 minutes exercise beyond the normal puppy walks a day. That can include extra long puppy walks however.
    - (and because I need to get back in the habit again) brush / floss before bed
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Achieved my goals for today! Since they are rather repetitive, I think I'll write them on an index card and monitor offline. That way I won't clog up this thread.

@aerochic42, nice, attainable goals. :)
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Today was my last day at my job. The only goal I had for myself was "no goals". Lol. I wanted one full day of abandon. I've not eaten crazy portions or anything really sugary. But I've not bothered to worry too much about what I've put in my mouth. Today I'm very emotional. I'm feeling good but also stressed, excited but sad. It's been tough.

I've got a manicure planned and am going to try to relax this evening and let my new life path sink in a bit.

The day isn't quite over and I might just go for sushi before this day is out!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Today was my last day at my job. The only goal I had for myself was "no goals". Lol. I wanted one full day of abandon. I've not eaten crazy portions or anything really sugary. But I've not bothered to worry too much about what I've put in my mouth. Today I'm very emotional. I'm feeling good but also stressed, excited but sad. It's been tough.

I've got a manicure planned and am going to try to relax this evening and let my new life path sink in a bit.

Make the most of it :)
    I love days like this! Days where you can just be carefree about it.
    Although I’ve been doing that for the last 6 months lol (3 to go!)
  • PKM0515
    Options

Enjoy your day!
  • theyoginurse
    theyoginurse Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP. This is a great thread!

Just for today:
    I will not binge and will track everything I eat, and stay within my calories.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    thursday, 11.9
    1. go to the gym on morning :)
    2. dentist appt at 11:30. If hubby and I go out to eat afterwards, make wise decisions :) We ended up instead of eating, since neither of us were really hungry, to go home, and made lunch at home. Much healthier to eat that way!
    3. drink water - 6 cups during the day :/ But hoping to drink water tonite
    4. drink water and sip on it in the evenings :) Doingthis now!
    5. eat slowly - be mindful of eating, and enjoy each bite :)
    6. get back on here - be accountable :)
    7. read my response cards 4x tomorrow to remind myself of why I want/need to lose weight :)

Friday, 11/10
    1. go to the gym -- yes, it will be 29 degrees, but go anyhow!!
    2. log ALL food
    3. drink water. Have to work so much harder to make this become a habit
    4. read my response cards
    5. get back on here - be accountable
    6. be mindful of what I eat. Pay attention to each bite.

Some of you were asking me what the Response Cards are. Back in May, I started reading the book" The Beck Diet Solution: Training your brain to think like a thin person". I am an emotional eater, and if something bothers me, I eat. It took me a long time to admit that I was a binge eater - but I know I am. Once I get started, I just seem to forget my reasons to get/stay healthy, I forget to even enjoy whatever it is I eat (which is usually sweets or junk food). This book has helped me a lot, but I need to constantly remind myself of all the steps.

The first step was to write down, on a index card, all the reasons why I want to lose weight. These are called "Response Cards". These cards are to be placed in places where I can see them, and read them a minimum of 4x a day. The reasons are not just to be healthy, but specific reasons, like wearing nice clothes, not be ashamed to be in a swimsuit, able to play with my grandsons.... things like that.

This was the task on day 1. Each day they give you more things to add, (like eating slowly, mindful eating, etc). but reading the response cards is something to do everyday. If you guys would like, I can post at least the first couple of weeks of tasks?
    I have a long ways to go yet, as it is hard to break the habit of emotional eating. But .... with the help of a thread like this to use as a daily reminder, it has helped me to not give up. I hope this thread can help so many others as well.

@PrincesseAly23 - I am so very proud of you! Making a job change IS very emotional, and very hard. While it is a happy time to start a new job, it is also an emotional thing to do. But you are doing so great in not giving into binging or eating unhealthy. To reward yourself with a manicure and just relaxing is the best thing. I know you are going to do great on your new job, and a new chapter in your life! You've got this girl!!

So happy to have new members joining me on this journey. Losing weight takes time, and at least for me, at 66 yrs old, it is hard to change habits from a lifetime. But taking this just one day at a time makes it so much easier, and possible!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    I went for sushi, but didn't overdo it.

Today I have 1000 things to do to get ready for next week. Goals for today is drink drink drink!!! Tons of water and to stay away from wheat & sugar.
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to this discussion. :)

I've successfully stuck to my kcal deficit for 7 days, exactly by taking every day as 'one day at a time' and not thinking about the fact I will have to be in a deficit for many more.

Going out for dinner with friends tonight, I've checked the menu online, pretracked the food so it fits macros and calories, so my goal of the day is not to order dessert or drinks!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    I went for sushi, but didn't overdo it.

Today I have 1000 things to do to get ready for next week. Goals for today is drink drink drink!!! Tons of water and to stay away from wheat & sugar.

Haha is it bad that when you said “goal for today is drink drink drink” I instantly thought of wine!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    Options
    @joan6630 thanks for sharing about response cards. I realize I've done something like that without knowing. Yes, definitely share more!

I feel weary today. The goal is to be mellow....and get to a yoga class with my wife, drink a lot of water, and enjoy a day out of the office.